Champions League Simplified

B.K.

holland - settled tomorrow. psv are certs to beat the bottom team so it'll depend on feyenoord dropping points to heeverern (who have a wee chance). there is very little chance of us getting feyenoord as they have a poor ranking and would likely be unseeded.

belgium - brugges, genk, gent

Club Brugge should take the runners-up spot behind Anderlecht(who just need a point which they'll get). They can finish it if they beat KRC in the penultimate match of the play off.

Feyenoord will finish runners up over here. Either would be a decent tie because they are fairly shite save for few decent players like Toivonen, Clasie, Bakkal etc... Excelsior will be going out their way to do their big brother in Rotterdam a favour, whilst Feyenoord are on a great run and should have enough to take care of Heerenveen as they did last week against AZ.

Is that the only Portugese team we can get now? Are they the mob that has, what appears to be, a mountain behind one of their goals?

Yeah their stadium is built into a quarry. I remember it from when they put Celtic out a couple of years ago.

238.jpg

Looks like it will be FC Nordsjælland as FC København are top with a game in hand (against OB tomorrow)

the only danish team we can possibly play is copenhagen. nordsjaelland cannot be seeded.

still a few games left to play in denmark and they are level on points.

the only danish team we can possibly play is copenhagen. nordsjaelland cannot be seeded.

still a few games left to play in denmark and they are level on points.

will we defo be drawn against a seeded team then ? Need to be Albert Einstein to work out all the possible permutations at this stage.

Maybe best to switch off until seasons are complete and the list of potential opponents is more clear.

will we defo be drawn against a seeded team then ? Need to be Albert Einstein to work out all the possible permutations at this stage.

Aye. We're pretty much guaranteed to be bottom seed in the non-champions route.

I thought the whole draw process was different now to give smaller clubs a fighting chance to at least reach the group stages. There was a small club Apoel Nicosia if memory serves me correctly that not only got to the group stages but got into the final 32 only to be knocked out by Real Madrid.

Always wanted to visit Bragas stadium after seeing it in euro 2004.

I thought the whole draw process was different now to give smaller clubs a fighting chance to at least reach the group stages. There was a small club Apoel Nicosia if memory serves me correctly that not only got to the group stages but got into the final 32 only to be knocked out by Real Madrid.

Always wanted to visit Bragas stadium after seeing it in euro 2004.

it's set up to make it easier for teams from non major leagues who are champions to qualify.

if you don't win your league it's a trek.

it's set up to make it easier for teams from non major leagues who are champions to qualify.

if you don't win your league it's a trek.

It's set up for clubs from major TV audience countries to make a few more bucks for UEFA, let's not kid ourselves and we're not included so it will be difficult from the outset. I fucking hate the Champions League with a passion but I'll gladly take the opportunity to make a few quid for my club. Stil think "Wankers" every time I hear that shite tune though.

Lost its prestige for me when they started letting the runners-up in, they could surely have replaced the word 'champions' without making it sound too crap

Don't get me wrong, I'm still looking forward to it and I'm trying my best to take two weeks off and have a wee trip back to Scotland just for those two games. I really hope we can win the first tie and make the play-off, that way we can be plucky losers and go straight into the Europa League.

It's set up for clubs from major TV audience countries to make a few more bucks for UEFA, let's not kid ourselves and we're not included so it will be difficult from the outset. I fucking hate the Champions League with a passion but I'll gladly take the opportunity to make a few quid for my club. Stil think "Wankers" every time I hear that shite tune though.

the changes they made recently make it easier for league winners to qualify and trickier for teams that don't win their league.

Was having a gander at the current FIFA Club coefficients 2011/12I think that what gets used in the seeding for our non champions 3rd qualifiying round.

There are 10 teams in that group

We are currently seeded 190

At the same stage last year the 5 teams with the highest coefficents were seeded

Although there is a few still to be sorted out here are some of the possible teams in coefficent order:

1 Ukraine runners: up Shaktar 16 or Dynamo Kiev 31

2 Russian runners up: possibly CSKA 18 or Sparta 45

3 Braga 28

4 Greek playoff winners... Panathanikos 40

5 Turkish playoff winners Frenebache 53 or Galatsary 60

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 Club Brugge 61

7 Romanian runners up possible hihghest seed is Steau 76 but looks like FC Vaslui 121 or Rapid Bucuresti 125

8 Feyenoord are 129

9 FC Nordsjælland 172

10 Motherwell We will be the lowest seeded team 190

If it is done the same this year and the coefficents stay the same .....we are off to 1-5 above.