Champions League Simplified

B.K.

If it is done the same this year and the coefficents stay the same .....we are off to 1-5 above.

I'll take your word for it mate, as that was way over my head .......................... and hope that we get Braga, else wait to see who we get in Europa.

btw why do they bother calling it a draw, when it is clearly a carve-up.

Was having a gander at the current FIFA Club coefficients 2011/12I think that what gets used in the seeding for our non champions 3rd qualifiying round.

There are 10 teams in that group

We are currently seeded 190

At the same stage last year the 5 teams with the highest coefficents were seeded

Although there is a few still to be sorted out here are some of the possible teams in coefficent order:

1 Ukraine runners: up Shaktar 16 or Dynamo Kiev 31

2 Russian runners up: possibly CSKA 18 or Sparta 45

3 Braga 28

4 Greek playoff winners... Panathanikos 40

5 Turkish playoff winners Frenebache 53 or Galatsary 60

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 Club Brugge 61

7 Romanian runners up possible hihghest seed is Steau 76 but looks like FC Vaslui 121 or Rapid Bucuresti 125

8 Feyenoord are 129

9 FC Nordsjælland 172

10 Motherwell We will be the lowest seeded team 190

If it is done the same this year and the coefficents stay the same .....we are off to 1-5 above.

It is UEFA Co-efficient that is used.

(unseeded < 12.480, seeded > 41.615)

Unknown                        coef.
------------------------ --- ----------------
CL2                      Tur  38.115 - 41.615
Feyenoord                Ned  12.603
CL2                      Bel  12.480 - 35.480
CL2                      Rus   9.566 - 80.566
CL2                      Gre   7.420 - 50.920
CL2                      Den   5.505 - 46.505
CL2                      Rom   3.764 - 26.764

Seeded teams                   coef.              Unseeded teams                 coef.
------------------------ --- ----------------     ------------------------ --- ----------------
Sporting Braga           Por  63.069              .
CL2                      Ukr  62.026 - 84.026     .
.                                                 .
.                                                 .
.                                                 Motherwell               Sco   6.728

Although Portugal and Russia will be upped to the Playoff Round if Chelsea win the Champions League

Wouldnt have a problem going to Holland and Belgium, some cracking beers to be had in those countries - and I don't mean the usual pish water Heineken style lagers you get in the supermarkets.

But according to that list we won't be going to Holland or Belgium.

Some monster stadiums in that Top-5, and some monster nut-job fans too. It's becoming less appealing and rather expensive looking if anyone other than Braga comes out "the hat" with us.

Some monster stadiums in that Top-5, and some monster nut-job fans too. It's becoming less appealing and rather expensive looking if anyone other than Braga comes out "the hat" with us.

panathanikos still have a bit to do to guarantee their spot. they play aek athens tonight.

you also need to bear in mind the different scenarios dependent on who wins the final this year.

The following changes to the default allocation system above will be made depending on the result of the 2012 UEFA Champions League Final:

If Bayern Munich win, or if Chelsea win and finish top three in league

• The champion of association 13 (Belgium) are promoted from the third qualifying round to the group stage.
  • The champion of association 16 (Switzerland) are promoted from the second qualifying round to the third qualifying round.
  • The champions of associations 48 (Malta) and 49 (Northern Ireland) are promoted from the first qualifying round to the second qualifying round.

If Chelsea win and finish fourth in league

• The third-placed team of association 6 (Portugal) and the runners-up of association 7 (Russia) are promoted from the third qualifying round to the play-off round.

If Chelsea win and finish outside top four in league

• Because of the restriction that no association can have more than four teams playing in the Champions League, the fourth-placed team of the 2011–12 Premier League, which would have entered in the 2012–13 Champions League play-off round, will be moved to the 2012–13 UEFA Europa League. In this case, the allocation system for the Champions League will be changed in the same way as above

Think I will just wait fot the 20th July :doh:

Think I will just wait fot the 20th July :doh:

it's pretty simple.

bayern win - the five best ranked teams who qualify are seeded.

chelsea - the russian and portugese teams move out the round and the 4 highest ranked teams out the 8 remaining are seeded.

right now it's

bayern - cska moscow, braga, dinamo kiev, fenerbahce, panathanikos

chelsea - kiev, fenerbahce, panathanikos, brugges.

This.

Same here. Looking up the Francisco de Sá Carneiro airport (the Airport of Braga) there seems to be no direct flights from Scotland but there is from London or Liverpool (seasonal). PANO, AEK and Atromitos are all Athenian clubs, while PAOK is Thessaloniki - both well serviced from Scotland/UK.

Same here. Looking up the Francisco de Sá Carneiro airport (the Airport of Braga) there seems to be no direct flights from Scotland but there is from London or Liverpool (seasonal). PANO, AEK and Atromitos are all Athenian clubs, while PAOK is Thessaloniki - both well serviced from Scotland/UK.

That Airport is just outside Porto. Still a fair distance to Braga (bus or train). Doesnt look like Braga has is own Airport.

Easyjet fly to Porto from Gatwick.

Ryanair fly to Porto from Liverpool and Stansted.

it's pretty simple.

bayern win - the five best ranked teams who qualify are seeded.

chelsea - the russian and portugese teams move out the round and the 4 highest ranked teams out the 8 remaining are seeded.

right now it's

bayern - cska moscow, braga, dinamo kiev, fenerbahce, panathanikos

chelsea - kiev, fenerbahce, panathanikos, brugges.

I thought I saw something on Sky Sports news that Fenerbahce were kicked out of Champions League, because of allegations of match fixing???

As someone who won't be going to the away leg, selfishly not too bothered about getting a team that's easy to get to.

For me, if this is our one shot at Europe's top tournament then we want a team with a real history in Europe; a name that echoes down the years like Borussia Dortmund or Steaua Bucharest.

For me, it's Dinamo Kiev please..

Club charter with an overnight would be ideal. Turkey and Greece puts me off a wee bit due to the fans. Might be wrong but I don't think a big group of vocal 'Well fans converging in a local gaff woyld be too well received.

Russia and Ukraine are diffucult trips that would likely cost a fortune.

Braga should be fairly welcoming although a wee bit of a trek from the airport it would seem. Still my number one choice from the options I have mentioned.

If Holland, Denmark, and Belgium somehow became options then ideal.

:nod:

As someone who won't be going to the away leg, selfishly not too bothered about getting a team that's easy to get to.

For me, if this is our one shot at Europe's top tournament then we want a team with a real history in Europe; a name that echoes down the years like Borussia Dortmund or Steaua Bucharest.

that or the russia team will do me fine :nod:

Mind that time the Well were beating Dynamo Kiev at Fir Park. Whit a night that was.........

Club charter with an overnight would be ideal. Turkey and Greece puts me off a wee bit due to the fans. Might be wrong but I don't think a big group of vocal 'Well fans converging in a local gaff woyld be too well received.

dundee united, rangers and hearts have been to greece without any problems and rangers have been to turkey 3 times that i can remember without issues.

Lets not forget the typical reason for fans to fear going to Turkey and Istanbul is the infamous incident with the Leeds fans. And as much as it was tragic that it happened to be two innocent Leeds fans who died, lets not forget that it was a group of Leeds fans who incited the violence by pissing on, burning and tarnishing the Turkish flag. And for anyone who has ever ventured to Turkey, you will realise how vital and important the sacredness of their flag is. Its is literally plastered on every pavement, every wall, every shop, every car, everything you could possibly imagine. The Leeds fans degraded something the Turks cherish and rightly or wrongly they defended what is important to them. Its utterly tragic that innocent people were caught up in it, but that was not an unprovoked attack from the Gala fans. No doubting there has been trouble in the past, and if people seek trouble, they will get trouble. But, like Rangers and several other British teams have went over there and not had any increased problems than anywhere else in Europe. Many on here would have loved a trip to Holland, and most would have been delighted with Feyenoord (had they happened to have been seeded) but you would be as likely to be in a bit of trouble in Rotterdam as you would in Istanbul. Besides, the atmosphere generated, even for smaller games in Turkey is normally rapturous, so certainly would be an atmosphere none of us would forget if we were to draw Trabzonspor/Besiktas/Fenerbahce/Galatasaray.

There is no disputing that Braga is definitely the ultimate choice so far, for accessibility, cost, stadium, travel duration.

However, Greece and Turkey are adequate enough choices as well, and would at least give us even the smallest chance of a fluke upset. I mean Turkish teams in recent seasons have suffered shock defeats to lesser known teams. The Greeks themselves have been very poor of late in European Competition. Whereas lets not forget 12 months ago to the week, Braga were in the Europa Lge Final, they finished up this season only a handful of points behind Porto, we would be horsed in both games (granted most teams will probably horse us in both games, but at least with the Greeks/Turks, it may not be so comprehensible).

sorry if this has been answered already.

we are unseeded in the 3 rd round qualifier. what happens if we lose this tie? do we drop into a europa qulifier?

Some lads I work with say if we lose that tie we are out of all europe ?

if we get through first tie and get beat in 2nd what happens? is that when we go into a europa qualifier?

seem to get different answer from everyone?