European (Third) Kit For Next Season

WilliePettigrew

Some great speculation on the new shirt. Hopefully we will be able to reveal all soon when the final samples arrive and we can get the photoshoot done. Just thought I'd add some answers to a few of the questions in this thread.

Kit for next season:

There will definitely be a new 3rd kit for next season. The Home and Away will stay the same for the first time in a few seasons.

Band on our shirt:

UEFA rules dictate that we can't have a band on our shirts in Europe, We just got away with it in 2009 as it was an early qualifying round. This is to allow the name and number to be read clearly. The area with name and number must be made of one solid colour. This is why Celtic and other clubs have to put a patch over their hoops. I have seen some examples wherby the clubs haven't done this (Barca for example). I think they have to demonstrate that the numbers are sufficiently legible. We however, will be going by the UEFA rulebook on this one. If you want some seriously tedious bedtime reading then Google the kit regulations and you can get rid of the sleeping pills. I have read them over and over again and I'm still confused!!!!

Champions League sleeve badges:

We are waiting on final approval on this one. The first advice we got from the Official Supplier was that they could not supply us until we reached the group stages. This meant that we couldn't wear the sleeve badges or the "respect" logo.

I made further enquiries and it appears that this is the case in the Europa league but not in the Champions League so the latest info I have is that we can wear them. I am just waiting on official clarification so we can place our order.

Please note: The "Respect" logo is changing from last season so even if you find a shop that stocks them just now, it won't be the same as the ones that go on this years players shirts.

As soon as I get Official clearance I will let you know both the pricing and delivery dates on here.

I hope some of this is helpful and that I haven't confused matters further. If you have any questions on this or anything else, pop into the shop and I will ̶b̶̶e̶ ̶h̶̶i̶̶d̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶ ̶i̶̶n̶ ̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶ ̶s̶̶t̶̶o̶̶r̶̶e̶̶r̶̶o̶̶o̶̶m̶ try to answer as best I can. :)

Cheers

Alan

The Well Shop

• Like 1

We are waiting on final approval on this one. The first advice we got from the Official Supplier was that they could not supply us until we reached the group stages. This meant that we couldn't wear the sleeve badges or the "respect" logo.

I made further enquiries and it appears that this is the case in the Europa league but not in the Champions League so the latest info I have is that we can wear them. I am just waiting on official clarification so we can place our order.

Please note: The "Respect" logo is changing from last season so even if you find a shop that stocks them just now, it won't be the same as the ones that go on this years players shirts.

As soon as I get Official clearance I will let you know both the pricing and delivery dates on here.

Bet you never thought you'd see the day when you'd have to worry about Champions League regulations!

• Like 4

I hope some of this is helpful and that I haven't confused matters further. If you have any questions on this or anything else, pop into the shop and I will ̶b̶̶e̶ ̶h̶̶i̶̶d̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶ ̶i̶̶n̶ ̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶ ̶s̶̶t̶̶o̶̶r̶̶e̶̶r̶̶o̶̶o̶̶m̶ try to answer as best I can. :)

Cheers

Alan

The Well Shop

Got a rough time scale for this mate? Was going to pick up the away shirt at the game on sunday but id hold off for a bit to get the badges on the sleeves to get it right up a few of the rangers lads at 7's blum3.gif

1336673615[/url]' post='341306']

One other thing, Alan will the 125th year 'crest' be on the strips next season?

It will be on the Home and Away kits as we want them to be consistent and we will be working from existing stock plus some "top ups" but not on the Third as it's a completely new kit.

An update on sleeve badges. Not good I'm afraid. The final word on this has come from UEFA. We can only use the sleeve patches if we progress to the NEXT qualifying round so we can't get any supply until then unfortunately. An exert from the last email I received is below.

Apologies for geting hopes up.

On the plus side though we will have a limited number of CHAMPIONS LEAGUE t-shirts and scarves on sale tomorrow and Sunday.

T-shirts are £15.00 (Adults sizes only for now) and I will post a graphic later once Dave has done his stuff. As you will see, they are a bit of fun and I hope everyone enjoys them.

Scarves are £8 and I won't have a graphic up until Monday but pop into the shop if you wish to have a wee look.

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your email. Unfortunately we are unable to supply these badges to clubs until they reach the Play Off round prior to the Champions League group stages.

Please accept our apologies for having led you to believe that you could obtain these badges immediately. Fingers crossed you make it through your qualifying match and then we'll be able to provide you with some.

Kind Regards