Shaun Hutchinson

siebsbarmyarmy

Shaun Hutchinson is definitely on the football worlds radar now. He's been getting quite a bit of attention lately from people in the game.

Wouldn't surprise me if his Motherwell career ends on the last day of the season, unfortunately.

Hopefully he can be encouraged to stay at Fir Park for a couple of seasons to develop before gettin a big money move to the EPL.

Young players need the experience of regular first team football. Hopefully he is well advised.

Regardless he will leave with our best wishes.

Right from the game against steua bucharest, ive thought we have a quality defender there. Im sure he can step up another couple of levels, how high?? Dont know.

Would be nice to keep him for another season but at the end of the day the lad will have ambition, we cant really begrudge him a move to a championship club on probably treble or more his current wages. Hopefully we can keep him until christmas

he signed an extension last june.

MOTHERWELL have received a major boost with the news that highly-rated defender Shaun Hutchinson has extended his contract by two years.

The 20-year-old, who joined Motherwell from Wallsend Boys Club, is now tied to the club until June 2014.

Hutchinson told the club's official website: "As soon as the club made it known they were keen to extend my contract I was delighted to sign.

"I am really enjoying my football and to have the security for another three years is brilliant.

"The second part of last season was going great, the only disappointment being the season had to end as I was ready for another half.

"I also really enjoy working with [manager] Stuart McCall. His training is excellent and he has all the players really bursting a gut for him.

"It's a great environment for any player, particularly one who is young and looking to develop their career."

The Newcastle-born centre-back first rose to prominence when Jim Gannon took over in July 2009, scoring four goals in nine games at the start of the season.

His progress stalled following hamstring and pelvic injuries but he has been a key player for Motherwell under boss McCall following the departure to Sheffield Wednesday of Mark Reynolds, and has now made 34 appearances.

Motherwell chief executive Leeann Dempster said: "We have an overriding strategy here at Motherwell and this type of deal sits at the very core of it.

"There was interest in Shaun from some big clubs on both sides of the border but we have opted not to cash in on him at this point and, under the stewardship of our excellent management team here at Fir Park, we know we can bring his game on even more.

"He has also shown real loyalty to the club and a desire to play and no praise is high enough as far as I am concerned."