Fans' Game

JimH

Good idea, good cause etc but I'm not too chuffed about it. My mate won a game at Fir Park with 21 mates at the Phil O'Donnell night at the Civic Centre. Just after he won it the pitch wasn't at its best ever and he is yet to get it.

The club should be honouring that before they profit from a similar situation.

• Like 1

Aye I loved it. Apologies to the boy I ended up sticking the head into after trying the best piece of skill ever seen down at the corner flag. Looked for you after the game but couldnt remember who was who.

Aye I loved it. Apologies to the boy I ended up sticking the head into after trying the best piece of skill ever seen down at the corner flag. Looked for you after the game but couldnt remember who was who.

Aye, what were you trying? Will be worth a replay on the dvd...

Anyone with photos from the day get in touch, my son took photos of the day, perfect shots of the railings and when play was dead :blush:

Home Team

Manager – Scott Leitch

1 - Martin Whiteside

2 - Neil MacLeod

3 - Andrew MacLeod

4 - Jack Reid

5 - Scott McEwan

6 - Mark Johnston

7 - Craig Ramage (The Ram 89)

8 - Scott Brazil (Brazilmfc)

9 - Jonathan Warnock

10 - Michael Wilson

11 - Kenny Muir

12 - Philip Speedie

13 – Jory Robertson

14 - Ian Buchanan (Yabba's Turd)

Away team

Manager – Stevie Kirk

1 - Allan Burton.

2 - Alastair Reilly (malf)

3 - Peter Bruce

4 - Alistair Logan

5 - Finlay Ferguson (Finlay)

6 - Fraser Anderson (Bop)

7 - Allan Williamson

8 - Stuart Reilly

9 - David Tonner

10 - David Graham

11 - Graham Kerr

12 - Graeme Thewliss (thisGRAEME)

13 - Stewart Palmer

14 - William Lynch

Final score - Home Team 2 - 3 Away Team

Highlights on Motherwell TV later

Edited by Yabba's Turd
usernames of steelmen added

Aye, any photos get them up!

Two 'pro' photographers were taking pics at various points during the match as well as a lot of the day being recorded.

DVDs will hopefully contain all of the above and should make a great souvenir for all who took part.

PS Was never a penalty :lol:

Aye, what were you trying? Will be worth a replay on the dvd...

Anyone with photos from the day get in touch, my son took photos of the day, perfect shots of the railings and when play was dead :blush:

Tried to do a stepover and peg him but missed the ball and fell over :lol:

Guys, just finishing a quick edit of the photos and will hand in to the club tomorrow afternoon. Not too sure what the club plans to do with the photo's, but chatting to Finlay and Yabba yesterday we thought it might be a good idea to add them to the dvd of the match.

Would it be possible to post them on the steelmenonline facebook as well? Not too sure how these things work, I'm getting on in years and that!

A wee word in my defence for those looking for sport page quality photo's... I was only there to do the photo's at the Sponsors do (which was a tremendous night), so everything's shot on a 15-55mm lens then cropped & tidied. Still plenty of good shots though, and the dressing room ones show some real near-death faces. smile.gif

A great day lads, well done to all of you, and well done to the 'travelling support' who ended up in Kirkies dug-out. Great stuff.

Guys, just finishing a quick edit of the photos and will hand in to the club tomorrow afternoon. Not too sure what the club plans to do with the photo's, but chatting to Finlay and Yabba yesterday we thought it might be a good idea to add them to the dvd of the match.

Would it be possible to post them on the steelmenonline facebook as well? Not too sure how these things work, I'm getting on in years and that!

A wee word in my defence for those looking for sport page quality photo's... I was only there to do the photo's at the Sponsors do (which was a tremendous night), so everything's shot on a 15-55mm lens then cropped & tidied. Still plenty of good shots though, and the dressing room ones show some real near-death faces. smile.gif

A great day lads, well done to all of you, and well done to the 'travelling support' who ended up in Kirkies dug-out. Great stuff.

Both would be good. Pics available on facebook as well as on the DVD would be ideal.

I can put the photos on our facebook page mate, have to say our 1st goal was in terms of creation the goal of the game, I just finished off a cracking move from defence

Was a decent move to be fair and I was a bit flat footed in the box at the time. :laugh: at that dive and my utter outrage pre and post penalty. Good banter with the ref for about 5 mins after it about how he had done me. Camera misses him laughing his heid aff as he ran to the touchline :laugh:

Rematch next year? :wink:

Ach well the good guys won.....and it was a nice feeling being the winning Captain :evilgrin: