Fans' Game

JimH

Had a great day Sunday lads and well done to all those who played. The match was played in a great spirit!

Glad to see the full Barca-esque buildup to Ians goal including an awful sounding "Line it" shout from myself before I whipped it in.

Young Jory was buckled at his dive and I payed for it later after getting my heels clipped and being told to get up!!! Ref wanted a leveller and gave it the full Ashley Young flop when lecturing me! :laugh:

Can't wait to see the snaps and hopefully see some of you next year! :thumbup:

Jonny

Ps. Think both my Kidneys are still intact after banging into Speedie and performing an unwanted flip!

I was convinced that one WAS a penalty but I think the ref feared for his safety if he gave another one :wink::laugh:

Contact was made but it was a good 5 yards outside the box, if he fell straight away it wouldve been a freekick but i dont even think i had reached the box yet by the time he went down :)

Contact was made but it was a good 5 yards outside the box, if he fell straight away it wouldve been a freekick but i dont even think i had reached the box yet by the time he went down :)

Hatchet man! :laugh:

To be fair it was a mile out, trying to stay up made it look like a baby giraffe moment.

Do you play for a local side btw Ali? Recognise your face from somewhere!

Hatchet man! :laugh:

To be fair it was a mile out, trying to stay up made it look like a baby giraffe moment.

Do you play for a local side btw Ali? Recognise your face from somewhere!

Yeah i remember training with you with the Well Trust Team a few years ago. I went for a month or so then blew my knee playing 7s so that was the end of that. Think that was my last time playing 11's, doesn't half take it out of you!!

Alright chaps

Amazing game.

Any photos up yet ?

Also apologies for the dodgy tackles on away 5 and 8. Scott leitch was our manager, he had words with me, I had to do what he asked lol.

Sent you a friend request on facebook mate, will be picking up the photos from Bob Wilson later tonight

i couldnt make this game but if it was being done again i would definately be up for it.maybe if there was enough interest we could have more than 2 teams with a semi finals and final type of thing or are we all too unfit to play more than 1 game blum3.gif

Hows about a champions league fans game on the saturday between the two legs?

(wishful thinking, I know)

If enough people expressed an interest I'm sure it could be done again.

Mentioned this a few posts back as I reckon that the Champions League game will bring some of us who are living abroad back to Scotland, it would all tie in nicely and generate more competition for shirts. Actually, while I think of it, how about also launching the new third kit on the fans day as well (assuming that we play the first leg at home)

I'd imagine the Club/Club Shop would want to 'show' the third kit or even have it on sale before late July/early August.

Difficulty between the two CL fixtures is that we might have a home game on the Sunday........and I doubt the fans would be allowed to run about the pitch on the Saturday.

Match could happen on a floodlit night in November or it could be at the end of next season.

Either way I'm up for it again as well. I've an unbeaten run to defend :evilgrin:

Would love a chance to do this how much did the average top cost this time?

and season wont have started by 7th august will it?

I think the average was about £280ish. Cheapest went for £165 and the most expensive was over £380.

Again, if enough of us show an interest in doing this again, in this thread, then I am pretty certain that it will happen again.

Season 2012/13 kicks off on Saturday 4th August.....smack bang inbetween our Champions League ties.