No To Newco Protests

Rico

There is something that the ten chairmen could do and that is say they will make their decision after the vote to change the existing voting structure - if rangers vote for the status quo then the other chairmen should vote not to allow a rangers newco entry into the SPL.

If rangers are not willing to vote for a faired league, then screw them. The ten chairmen must be able to prove that they have gotten something which changes the league (and Scottish football) for the better out of this sorry episode - and I don't believe a fairer split of tv money will be enough - or I fear many fans will walk away.

There is something that the ten chairmen could do and that is say they will make their decision after the vote to change the existing voting structure - if rangers vote for the status quo then the other chairmen should vote not to allow a rangers newco entry into the SPL.

If rangers are not willing to vote for a faired league, then screw them. The ten chairmen must be able to prove that they have gotten something which changes the league (and Scottish football) for the better out of this sorry episode - and I don't believe a fairer split of tv money will be enough - or I fear many fans will walk away.

Thing is I don't think staying in the league is even that beneficial to Rangers. So it's not necessarily much of a threat. Plus I imagine that'd throw up a load more issues, could you trust rangers to keep their word?

Administration is the tip of the iceberg. What about dual contracts and ebts?

Dual contracts is wrong, noway around that& they need punished if found guilty.

EBT's are a bit different in that they were legal at the time, they just didnt set them up properly. EBTs are not a crime for the spl to deal with, hector will do them for that.

The other activities such as the boumsong transfer deal, not paying tax this season& running there club £140m in debt when everyone else is struggling to try& keep their heads above water is what they should be getting done for

Season books on the park is one that would send a message.

I remember we got ridiculed about it at the time a few years back (as the tickets were technically spent otherwise)

Ha ha ha ha - aye big deal fae the well fans flingin worthless tickets onto the park etc etc.

Then it turned out that it was way more than a hollow message and the extremely slow take up on renewals put paid to Malpas at the helm.

Thing is I don't think staying in the league is even that beneficial to Rangers. So it's not necessarily much of a threat. Plus I imagine that'd throw up a load more issues, could you trust rangers to keep their word?

aye but if both are voted on tomorrow then once the voting structure is changed there would be no going back on it.

I remember we got ridiculed about it at the time a few years back (as the tickets were technically spent otherwise)

Ha ha ha ha - aye big deal fae the well fans flingin worthless tickets onto the park etc etc.

Then it turned out that it was way more than a hollow message and the extremely slow take up on renewals put paid to Malpas at the helm.

I done this and didnt renew my ticket either. Payed at the gate ever since. Dont have a problem spending a little more as it goes to the club.

Dual contracts is wrong, noway around that& they need punished if found guilty.

EBT's are a bit different in that they were legal at the time, they just didnt set them up properly. EBTs are not a crime for the spl to deal with, hector will do them for that.

The other activities such as the boumsong transfer deal, not paying tax this season& running there club £140m in debt when everyone else is struggling to try& keep their heads above water is what they should be getting done for

EBTs are still legal. Rangers never set them up wrong they just used them as a way to pay every c**t above and beyond their initial salary and they used them for years.

EBTs are meant to be loans. EBTs are meant to be discretionary. EBTs are meant to be used sparingly (not systematically)

If by 'setting them up wrong' - you mean epic fuckin scam on an unprecedented scale then mibbez you're right

It would certainly send a visual message to the board of just how many will not be renewing if a Newco get welcomed back into the SPL. However it would require quite a few to take part, as a few lone season books would just look daft.

I'm sure that if rangers went bust it would be good for Scottish football

there are many rangers fans who would find new clubs to support many in their local area, I don't think one club would see a massive increase in support but a few extra hundred supports for each club would help everyone

may be every team should have banners trying to encourage rangers supports to support their team after rangers disappear?

let the bar stewards burn and turn Ibrox into a tesco is what I say