Stephen Craigan Announces Retirement

swami

can only echo what has been said

deserves a run out on Sunday and one almighty send off (i'll be happy if we get a pen and he slots it away just like the testimonial at the start of the season!)

hopefully he gets a run out and smashes all the Utd players who got into the Team of the Year!!!!!!!

Can only echo what everyone else has said about Crags. He should be remembered as a Motherwell legend, who represented himself and the club with distinction. He is the epitomy of what a professional player should be, and a fine example to any youngster.

I will fondly recall both his cup Semi Final goals, and his passionate post-match victory celebrations!!

Fir Park won't seem the same without him. Good luck Crags, and thanks.

• Like 1

let's hope we see one last fist pump.

apart from the malpas debacle it has been 10 great seasons with finals, third place finishes and european football. even though he has missed the run in he started the first 23 league games this season so he had a role in us making the champions league.

legend!

Congrats to yer man Craggs. Remember when he first broke into the team and I don't think any of us could have foreseen what a fantastic career he had ahead of him. He's done rather well for himself as a player from a provincial team. Enjoy the rest, big man.

I remember him tucking Marco Negri in his back pocket at a time when the Rangers man was scoring for fun. Reckoned then he might have a future in the game :thumbup:

• Like 2

I remember him tucking Marco Negri in his back pocket at a time when the Rangers man was scoring for fun. Reckoned then he might have a future in the game :thumbup:

That must have been before the squash accident/getting caught with Porrini's wife (Delete as applicable)

Can only echo what everyone above has said. Great servant and a very influential player. Has earned legend status in many ways, great captain and role model, solid defender, some rare but very important goals and of course opening the gate to score the throw in, fondly remember Jim Jeffries' post match interview that day! notworthy.gif

An absolute legend will be sadly missed. Can remember the game against Aausland when the 3rd goal went in he ran up along the East Stand screaming "get effin intae them!" laugh.gif

The man is Mr Motherwell played for the badge and gave his all every match.

94820-play-to-win-stephen-craigan-thinks-the-fashionable-passing-tactics-of-motherwell-and-st-mirren-are-good-for-the-game.jpg

He had his moments I'm sure he'd rather forget but no more so than most players. One thing could never accuse him of lacking was effort. Always 200%. Deserves a good send off.

What he also deserves is decent journalism when it comes to reporting his departure. Below is a quote from the BBC website. Someone may wish to point this out to them, not that it should really surprise us!

Craigan left for Partick Thistle in 2000 but returned to Fir Park three

years later and had a brief spell as caretaker manager before Craig

Brown took over following the departure of Mark McGhee in 2009