Stephen Craigan Announces Retirement

swami

Terriffic servant to the club, think retirement is probably the right decision.

He has seen and led us over some fantastic years.

All the best in your retirement craggs.

100% every game and one of lifes good guys . Not everyones cup of tea , but must go down as a true club legend having skippered us during a period of sustained success , and to some of the greatest heights in our history . Cheers big guy , and all the best .

Not much more you can say about the guy… hard to believe he joined the 'Well not long after I left uni and got my first proper job, which feels like a lifetime ago to me!

Dare I say it also frees up what is probably one of our more substantial wages… wouldn't surprise me in the least if that came into his thinking too, to help us keep a decent squad together for the Champions League campaign :)

:drinks: Again can only echo previous sentiments. A great servant to the ckub. Spoke to him on several occassions and always seemed happy to tallk to the fans. A run out on Sunday and a lap of the park to a deserved ovation from the fans afterwards. Spoke to him at the 1st "Walk 10 for 10" and he seemed genuinely happy to pose for a photo with me. Have a great time in retirement Craggs. :cheers:

Yeah, felt a little sad when I read that today. No matter how good you are as a player if you give 100% every single time you cross that pitch you earn the fans respect. And even in the days when he was dismal nobody, not even the biggest doommongeror (that may not be a word!) on here ever accused him of lack of effort. And for all he was never an outstanding player he was a damn good centre half at our level on his day.

If he is fit he should start on Sunday and be substituted a minute or so from the end

Great guy, great captain.

Remember way back we played Rangers at Fir Park with a very young central defensive pairing of Greig Denham and a certain Stephen Craigan. Expected a drubbing but it finished 0-0 thanks in no small part to an excellent performance from the young Craigan.

Little did we know though quite what an impression he would make over the following decades!

Definitely a club legend, probably our first for several years now, maybe since the 1991 Cup team. Those that have been watching him regularly will know more than the rest of us that the last year or two have been tough for him and now he is leaving the game with his dignity intact. Just one thing though.

Stop looking right at me when you're doing your punditry on the telly, it makes me feel rather uncomfortable!!