2012/13 Pre Season Thread

Iain7_mfc

I think the decision to put Hateley in midfield is down to his own stated preference to management past and present that he sees himself as a midfielder.

Hateley is wanting to play midfield, he has always said thats where he wants to be. McCall probably trying to keep him and his pal Mark sweet.

this would be my fear. The old boys network. I would like to think though that there is to much at stake for McCall to pander to this.

When we pump fenerbahce 4-0 at FirPark, youll all be regretting winging abouthateley playing midfield. evilgrin.gif

Aye but then they'll start moaning about tht big bastard Higdon not scoring one of the 4 goals, always something to complain about on here whistling.gif

Not overly concerned with the defeat yesterday although losing 4-0 to a lower league side is a bit embarrassing. Hopefully be able to get things sorted out in the next few games ,whats our best back four? ,who will be the two central defenders?, who plays right back? ,Hatley in midfield ? a replacement for Jenno ? seem to be the ?s on most Well fans minds at this time.

Where to start on yesterdays game, felt we were a bit rusty throughout the team. Started well had multiple chances but didn't take them (How often have we heard that).

Chris' pass back was for me an example of how much off the match pace we were. When the gaffer made his multiple subs in the 2nd half we came back into it a bit It will take a few games for Tom Hateley to get back to a midfielders mind set although I would like to see us bring someone in for that role and keep him at RB.

It was just a pre-season friendly and whilst disappointing means little in the grand scheme of things, don't get your panties in a bunch people it just makes you walk funny.

Onwards and Upwards and so to Tuesday in Kirckaldy If I finish work in time I'll see you all there.

judging by the performance against Aberdeen last season, i would prefer to see Cummins at CB than Saunders,

every time i have seen Saunders playing central he has not instilled a lot of confidence in me, preferred him at RB tbh, he just doesnt have enough composure at times and often makes strange decisions.

If the younger players are better than or as good as the 1st team regulars then they should be getting fast tracked into the side .

Pre season is perfect time to have a look at some of them in the side and its good McCall looks like hes going to do that despite not having the best record at doing so.

Circumstances will dictate McCall's hand and if he is not able to bring in anyone from outside the club, perhaps this is a blessing in disguise and we will unearth a few young talents, the U-20's this year look like there could a few potential 1st teamers which I would love to see getting a run out.

Wasn't at the Ayr debacle but PLEASE dont put Hately in midfield and PLEASE play Page and Hutchie in central defence and Saunders at right back. I dont see the need to bugger about with our defence it's other areas of the team that concern me. <_>

Wasn't at the Ayr debacle but PLEASE dont put Hately in midfield and PLEASE play Page and Hutchie in central defence and Saunders at right back. I dont see the need to bugger about with our defence it's other areas of the team that concern me. <_>

So you propose dropping Hateley entirely? Virtually ever present in the great run we have had over the last few years. Riiiiiiiight!

:doh:

Just watched the highlights back. First one could be as much an og as anything. Humphrey at the second :doh: Third one equally as bad. Couldn't see who was on him (Page?) but the Ayr man had it way too easy. Fourth one was a neat finish....but he stood and chipped it almost :lol: Lost possession too easy.

I think we will skelp Raith on Tuesday.