2012/13 Pre Season Thread

Iain7_mfc

1-1. Another (slightly) disappointing score but an improvement on Saturday. Hopefully the performance was a bit better as well.

Another game under the belt and hopefully fitness levels returning to normal. I take it Hump and Hateley will be playing tomorrow as they seemed to be tweeting from the house tonight.

Couldn't really take much from the game tonight apart from a chance to improve match fitness and sharpness. As expected an experienced Raith side put themselves about a bit to prove they were SPL standard. Hopefully the Everton game will show us our strongest defensive and midfield line ups. Certainly its not clear to me at the moment.

Don't want to read too much into the game but I'd have thought that some of the young lads and fringe players would have sniffed a CL place going abegging and would have taken the golden opportunity to prove themselves but that wasn't the case.

It is hard to tell from pre-season games when half the 1st team is missing.

That said it was an ok game. We did alright is small spells, but Raith finished the stronger and but for a bit of bad luck and poor finishing would have won the game.

None of the youngsters stood out. Showed some glimpses, but nothing to get too carried away with.

As for the 1st teamers. Well Las gave the ball away in midfield a few times with misplaced passes, which will get punished in Europe BIG time. Saunders had a frustrating evening and was lucky to not get booked. Ramsden looked like a carbon copy of Clancy. Composed on the ball at times. Randolph, Murphy, Higdon and Hammell much like last year - decent performances, but always get the feeling they could do better...

In all honesty the Champions League games are giving me the fear right now. With our 1st team on top form from last year we could give all 4 teams a game, but missing Craigan and Jennings without similar quality replacements will leave us exposed in central defence and midfield. I hope Hutchy is fit to play......

That said it was an ok game. We did alright is small spells, but Raith finished the stronger and but for a bit of bad luck and poor finishing would have won the game.

None of the youngsters stood out. Showed some glimpses, but nothing to get too carried away with.

As for the 1st teamers. Well Las gave the ball away in midfield a few times with misplaced passes, which will get punished in Europe BIG time. Saunders had a frustrating evening and was lucky to not get booked. Ramsden looked like a carbon copy of Clancy. Composed on the ball at times. Randolph, Murphy, Higdon and Hammell much like last year - decent performances, but always get the feeling they could do better...

In all honesty the Champions League games are giving me the fear right now. With our 1st team on top form from last year we could give all 4 teams a game, but missing Craigan and Jennings without similar quality replacements will leave us exposed in central defence and midfield. I hope Hutchy is fit to play......

Why should seeing us play two Freindly games give you the fear. Do you not understand that these games are about fitness. Do you really take the results of these games seriously? Some of you lot need yours heads checked.

That in itself is unbelievably harsh. Our top scorer and two of the most solid players in our defence last season.