2012/13 Pre Season Thread

Iain7_mfc

Not too concerned. Sounds like we were well on top, lost a few goals on the break and then sort of just dropped off. First game back however I would hope McCall will tell them they better buck up their ideas for Tuesday. Champions League game is only a few weeks away. Need to step it up, if we play this poorly again on Tuesday then I'll be concerned.

Few points from listening, the Page-Ramsden combo sounds brutal. Also young Hethrington sounds like he's been fairly productive since he's come on, maybe deserves at least a half on Tuesday.

May just be a friendly, but our central defence sound poor. We have no strength in depth and are unlikely to get any with reduced budget. I would be a bit more comfortable with Hutch + 1. But without him we have little in the way of experience. The strikers will score and we have options, but right off it looks as if McCall is right to be concerned with this area of the team....

I recall a season QOTS I think pumped us 4-0 in first friendly, memory suggests we went onto half decent season. I not overly worried by this. Just hope Hutchison is fit for the CL and if have any potential signings coming in hopefully we can bag a Clancy type effort. Bound to be some decent players needing a club.

Results against Ayr are important, to get pumped 4-0 against a lower league team at the same stage of pre-season as us (i'm guessing they didnt go to the Algarve or wherever the f*k we went on on ours) is embarrassing!! i hope McCall goes through them!! Far too much Rangers mourning from our back room staff over the past few weeks...they need to get on with it, biggest game our clubs ever had coming up in a few weeks time, a result like this does not help in any form regardless of a friendly or not!!

• Like 3

It's much needed game time, the result doesn't matter.

I would have agreed with that had we lost by the odd goal today, but we've just been pasted 4-0, FOUR-FUCKING-NIL by a second division club. That's worrying no matter how you dress it up. Our squad is small, even smaller than it was last year and it seems unlikely that we'll bring anyone else in, so God help us should we get a few injuries, especially to Hutchinson or Saunders because apart from them, we don't have any central defenders worthy of the name.

This could well be a long season for us and I think a relegation battle is on the horizon.

• Like 1

May be a blessing in disguise this result.

The players needed a reality check and by the result they got 1. They may be in the Champions league and come back from the Algarve, but lower league teams show no respect!!!

Those who say the result does not matter are wrong.....those that say the result does matter are wrong....

Somewhere inbetween is probably a more correct reflection.

It is a friendly after all, but we ought not too lose by 4 goals to a PT side a couple of divisions below us. As stated earlier central defence gives me the fear if Hutchy is missing through injury or suspension, which he will no doubt at some point.

I would have agreed with that had we lost by the odd goal today, but we've just been pasted 4-0, FOUR-FUCKING-NIL by a second division club. That's worrying no matter how you dress it up. Our squad is small, even smaller than it was last year and it seems unlikely that we'll bring anyone else in, so God help us should we get a few injuries, especially to Hutchinson or Saunders because apart from them, we don't have any central defenders worthy of the name.

This could well be a long season for us and I think a relegation battle is on the horizon.

Naebody bite :whistling: