New Third Kit Online Now

awp

I think the greatest sign I've seen so far of how good a job this kit is - at least for the majority of people - is the number of positive comments on Pie & Bovril from non-'Well fans.

Usually a new kit is just an excuse to find fault with some other team's strip, but there seems to be a genuinely positive reaction from both Motherwell fans and supporters of other clubs!

It won't be difficult to find posts of mine from the last few years that state my dislike of the Sampdoria-style blue kit idea and mock-up but, now that I've seen it as an actual shirt instead of a graphic, I'm impressed. I might even part with some cash and buy my first fitba jersey in years.

Congratulations UBH and well done to everyone involved.

It's a nice effort right enough. Glad we're sticking with Puma as their kits have been excellent so far, both in quality and appearance. :thumbup:

On a side note though I can see the fact that we've got a blue kit being a bit of a concern to some of the more precious wee souls in our support who'll no doubt worry that it's too similar to a Rangers kit and they're Celtic supporting mates will say nasty things about them because of it.:evilgrin:

It's a nice effort right enough. Glad we're sticking with Puma as their kits have been excellent so far, both in quality and appearance. :thumbup:

On a side note though I can see the fact that we've got a blue kit being a bit of a concern to some of the more precious wee souls in our support who'll no doubt worry that it's too similar to a Rangers kit and they're Celtic supporting mates will say nasty things about them because of it.:evilgrin:

If anyone thinks that looks like a Rangers kit, they need their eyes tested!

• Like 1

Course it doesn't look like a Rangers kit, I was just having a wee dig at those in our support who are terrified at us being likened to Rangers in any way whatsoever...us having a blue kit might be a bit much for them to handle. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Course it doesn't look like a Rangers kit, I was just having a wee dig at those in our support who are terrified at us being likened to Rangers in any way whatsoever...us having a blue kit might be a bit much for them to handle. :rolleyes:

is that incase we find out who their BIG team is :whistling:

This top is historic as it represents an important change in our kit heritage, and Motherwell and Puma have to be applauded for taking on board all our design comments. We are probably one of a select few clubs, where the people that matter listen to what we say on how the team looks on the park.

The thing about kit design is that you are never going to please everyone all of the time. I reckon if you can satisfy at least 75%-80% of your target audience then you are doing extremely well (fingers crossed).

When it comes to kit, usually supporters just have to accept what their club or kit manufacturer give them. We are not Manchester United or Barcelona and will never get the true bespoke kit service that these clubs demand. That said, all our recent kits have been of a pretty good standard, and that is partly down to the clubs relationship with us the fans. A relationship, that I hope continues for years to come. thumbup.gif

• Like 3

Remember all the fuss about the Zoom kit because it had a splash of blue and white! Would still prefer to be seen in that kit than one with Cash Converters on it!!!

This top is historic as it represents an important change in our kit heritage, and Motherwell and Puma have to be applauded for taking on board all our design comments. We are probably one of a select few clubs, where the people that matter listen to what we say on how the team looks on the park.

The thing about kit design is that you are never going to please everyone all of the time. I reckon if you can satisfy at least 75%-80% of your target audience then you are doing extremely well (fingers crossed).

When it comes to kit, usually supporters just have to accept what their club or kit manufacturer give them. We are not Manchester United or Barcelona and will never get the true bespoke kit service that these clubs demand. That said, all our recent kits have been of a pretty good standard, and that is partly down to the clubs relationship with us the fans. A relationship, that I hope continues for years to come. thumbup.gif

Excellent comment :thumbup: Well done MFC and all others involved in bringing this to fruition.

Remember all the fuss about the Zoom kit because it had a splash of blue and white! Would still prefer to be seen in that kit than one with Cash Converters on it!!!

Old ground now ofcourse but I didn't like that "Zoom" kit at all.

I don't know whether the white band was intended to be on that kit from day one or like the insistance of the sponsor to have the Zoom text in blue, was incorporated as a demand to make the Zoom logo stand out more but both together absolutely ruined that strip as far I'm concerned.

It's perhaps worth pointing out that blue text on the white away strip also holds that kit back from being one of our best ever away strips too. It was unfortunate that they weren't as relaxed about the colours of the Zoom logo from the word go as they were by the time the "Super Skippy Sunday" kit came around.

Perhaps the white band was intended as a modern twist to an essential part of your traditional Well kit, and may not have been just as garish looking had the Zoom been in claret but it just didn't work for me and I think was probably the first home kit in about 15 years I decided against going for.

Second and third kits for me are the strips to try your more off the wall designs or colour combinations.

I've always quite liked the notion of a second or third kit to reflect our history and I think MFC/Provan Sports/Puma and whoever else is involved have got it just right both in terms of making it a kit to celebrate a particular point in our journey (100 years of claret and amber) and in terms of design. I think when the end result is seen a over use of claret and amber in conjuction with the blue might have been a bit much but this seems to be just right. I really like it.

• 2 weeks later...

Au2Y3XUCQAEO5JL.jpg

The new Motherwell FC 2012/13 PUMA ‘Third’ kit has today gone on sale from the ‘Well Shop at Fir Park.

Following an unveiling two weeks ago, the kit has been almost universally praised for not only its design, but also the story behind it as well as the fan participation that went in to its creation.

The kit is a celebration of the 100th anniversary (1913) of Motherwell changing from our original blue colour to the now traditional Claret and Amber, so widely recognised in Scottish and British football.

The 'Well shop opens at 9am this morning (Friday 8th June 2012).

MotherwellDirect

• Like 1