New Third Kit Online Now

awp

How do others size up? Likely be down to change the wee fella's. No mistaking the beauty of it mind yes.gif

were a few in this afternoon with kids exchanging for next size up, might have only been a coincidence but if ordering for delivery I'd be tempted to get them to measure across the chest and compare it to something that fits

PS its the mutts nuts!

My wee fella got his today for his birthday plus the card from the well society signed by the players (nice touch) and the strip is really smart. On the subject of size its made by puma so if the silver kit fits then this one will too. However can i just mention quality, this really has vastly improved over the years and im very pleased with this one too.:drinks:

I didn't like this when I first seen it, although I always liked the thought process behind it.

However, now that I've seen a few photos of it on people of various shapes and sizes I have gone full circle and will definitely be making a purchase.

Well done to everyone involved.

Just purchased mine! Really perfect shade of petrol blue

Much as I like the kit, my one minor grumble would be that it doesn't really look very petrol blue, which I always imagined to be a bit more greenish. (I don't know if it's ever been officially described as petrol blue anyway, I just kept reading folk on here saying that's what shade of blue our blue kit should be!)

Much as I like the kit, my one minor grumble would be that it doesn't really look very petrol blue, which I always imagined to be a bit more greenish. (I don't know if it's ever been officially described as petrol blue anyway, I just kept reading folk on here saying that's what shade of blue our blue kit should be!)

My opinion of Petrol Blue is that it would have that kinda rainbow affect, that you get in Petrol, mixed in blue and a bit greenish aswell. I Imagine that is impossable to get into a strip.

I'll stick to describing it as a cracking shade of blue.

My opinion of Petrol Blue is that it would have that kinda rainbow affect, that you get in Petrol, mixed in blue and a bit greenish aswell. I Imagine that is impossable to get into a strip.

Noun

petrol blue

(UK) a greyish blue colour, tinted with green.

One of my favourite colours after C & A of course. Maybe some folk would refer to it as a "Prussian Blue".

One of my favourite colours after C & A of course. Maybe some folk would refer to it as a "Prussian Blue".

Maybe we should just go back to calling it what it is, Blue!!! The term Petrol Blue only came into being to appease those who were feart their Shellic pals wid slag them for having a kit that looked like Rangers/St Johnstone/ Cowdenbeath/ Stranraer etc etc so its just Blue, like it was all those years ago. We changed from Blue to avoid having to wear a different kit every time we played one of those mobs so that should set us apart from the rest if nothing else.

• Like 1

Maybe we should just go back to calling it what it is, Blue!!! The term Petrol Blue only came into being to appease those who were feart their Shellic pals wid slag them for having a kit that looked like Rangers/St Johnstone/ Cowdenbeath/ Stranraer etc etc so its just Blue, like it was all those years ago.

According to contemporary SFA/SFL records researched by football historian Alick Milne, Well's original shirts were "light blue." This term was usually used to describe mid-blue, the more common navy often being recorded simply as "blue." However there is no reliable photographic evidence, Alick cited several examples he had seen that suggested mid-blue to be correct.

The Petrol Blue shade was heavily influenced by the colour depicted on this early cigarette card drawing. However it has to be stressed that the colour on these early cards is in no way reliable.

1zdykx2.jpg

According to contemporary SFA/SFL records researched by football historian Alick Milne, Well's original shirts were "light blue." This term was usually used to describe mid-blue, the more common navy often being recorded simply as "blue." However there is no reliable photographic evidence, Alick cited several examples he had seen that suggested mid-blue to be correct.

The Petrol Blue shade was heavily influenced by the colour depicted on this early cigarette card drawing. However it has to be stressed that the colour on these early cards is in no way reliable.

1zdykx2.jpg

So it's really just blue then? :whistling: