No To Newco Demo

Rico

I've not renewed mine, and wont unless our board vote NO. I was a little surprised that our season ticket sales were up.

I think a lot of people will have re-newed to get guaranteed a ticket for the European games.

And, I'll be at the demo, but may I make the suggestion that people meet at say for example Jack Daniels or even next to Taggarts, then everyone walks up together. Might look a bit stupid if people start turning up at different times etc

I think a lot of people will have re-newed to get guaranteed a ticket for the European games.

And, I'll be at the demo, but may I make the suggestion that people meet at say for example Jack Daniels or even next to Taggarts, then everyone walks up together. Might look a bit stupid if people start turning up at different times etc

Good idea actually, I'll be Daniels before and after anyway mind you!

But aye, could whoever made the page update the description bit? Just to say what it is, stress the fact it's for Motherwell fans, and put something in about it being at noon but folk can meet at Daniels at half 11?

• Like 1

Right, thanks to that "crossed wires" spanner there's now a load of Celtic randoms joining the event page.

Get the page deleted and get a new one made. Still plenty of time to spread the word and the current page has been infected.

Don't really see the problem if a few Celtic fans want to join in, everybody's after the same thing.

There's a difference between a few Celtic fans joining in and over a hundred of them (who won't be anywhere near the actual demo) being invited to the Facebook page by some idiot trying to turn it into an event page for all clubs rather than just Motherwell.

There should be an attempt to get as many folk along as possible. If someone's considering going along and has a look at the Facebook event for the details only to see it's swarming with Celtic fans for no apparent reason, they're naturally going to be put off.

By all means keep the current Facebook page, as long as whoever made it keeps an eye out and gets rid of any more pish from Celtic fans.

I wouldn't want this to be a half-arsed attempt with only 200-odd fans. Is it too short notice to arrange this for Saturday?

More than ever, fans of all non-OF clubs have to join forces and unite for the sake and future of Scottish football. Those in charge need to be shown that all clubs should be treated fairly and the fans will no longer stand for being pushed around. Not just with this newco proposal but other future instances too.

If this is organised properly, I'll drive down from Aberdeen and happily take down a few passengers. This is too important.

I wouldn't want this to be a half-arsed attempt with only 200-odd fans. Is it too short notice to arrange this for Saturday?

More than ever, fans of all non-OF clubs have to join forces and unite for the sake and future of Scottish football. Those in charge need to be shown that all clubs should be treated fairly and the fans will no longer stand for being pushed around. Not just with this newco proposal but other future instances too.

If this is organised properly, I'll drive down from Aberdeen and happily take down a few passengers. This is too important.

See I agree with that BUT I don't think there is a choice. All the votes take place early next week and I think by this time next week we will know what league Rangers are playing in.

I would happily go along to this, I wonder how many they expect to turn up? On second thoughts maybe the proposed Fir Park demo should be revived.

Nah, don't agree. There's still every chance Motherwell have balloted the Well Society in good faith and are not a part of the corruption underway. Having a demo at Fir Park would be pretty meaningless IMO.

I reckon there could be a decent turn out. Celtic fans are always very organised when it comes to things like this, plus they love a chance to be publicly aggrieved. It's also all over Pie & Bovril and Twitter.

The Internet, social media and word of mouth are powerful tools and can do wonders in 24 hours.

A few of us are probably going to head for Shawlands pints tomorrow and then casually stroll by Hampden at 2pm. If there's nobody there, it'll be back to the pub - if there's a decent number, we'll get involved.

If folk are in the area or aren't busy tomorrow, then it's worth checking out IMO. If Scottish football is going to go full-blown corrupt, then I'd at least rather witness it knowing I made an effort of some sorts (however futile) rather than just bending over.

Football, not just Scottish football, has been all about the finances for years (even decades) now. From putting 24 teams in the next Euros, to scrapping straight knockout in favour of Champions League format, to shifting kick-offs for TV, to allowing shady owners to pump in millions, to turfing Well fans out the Cooper Stand for OF games, to releasing 3 or 4 kits when you only ever need 2, to selling 'the brand' in Asia, to naming rights for stadiums etc.

Sporting integrity hasn't been a part of the Scottish Football for as long as there has been an 11 - 1 voting system, 12pm Sunday kick-offs, an unequal distribution of TV revenues and the removal of clubs sharing gate money.

I'm all for kicking Rangers into Div 3, I'm just surprised at the level of surprise on here that some clubs don't want that.