No To Newco Demo

Rico

Football, not just Scottish football, has been all about the finances for years (even decades) now. From putting 24 teams in the next Euros, to scrapping straight knockout in favour of Champions League format, to shifting kick-offs for TV, to allowing shady owners to pump in millions, to turfing Well fans out the Cooper Stand for OF games, to releasing 3 or 4 kits when you only ever need 2, to selling 'the brand' in Asia, to naming rights for stadiums etc.

Sporting integrity hasn't been a part of the Scottish Football for as long as there has been an 11 - 1 voting system, 12pm Sunday kick-offs, an unequal distribution of TV revenues and the removal of clubs sharing gate money.

I'm all for kicking Rangers into Div 3, I'm just surprised at the level of surprise on here that some clubs don't want that.

To me there was always a little smidging of a doubt in my head that it was just a bit of paranoia. Now the authorities will be confirming my suspicions. Therefore, the game is finished for me.

A few of us are probably going to head for Shawlands pints tomorrow and then casually stroll by Hampden at 2pm. If there's nobody there, it'll be back to the pub - if there's a decent number, we'll get involved.

Anybody else heard anything about this?

Folk on Facebook and on Pie & Bovril seem to suggest it's a no goer, whereas there's folk on Twitter claiming it's a goer. :lol:

All the confusion could result in there being a dozen folk there which would be worse publicity wise than nobody turning up.

Folk on Facebook and on Pie & Bovril seem to suggest it's a no goer, whereas there's folk on Twitter claiming it's a goer. :lol:

All the confusion could result in there being a dozen folk there which would be worse publicity wise than nobody turning up.

I hope something happens and it goes ok. I can't make it as I already have plans for my mum's 50th.

Please let it be worthwhile.

This :nod:

Co-ordinated campaign required, this was too rushed, best waiting until we have a clearer idea of what's happening. If the SFL chairmen say NO there is little point anyway is there but a co-ordinated response at the first games of the season to show displeasure aat the handling of the whole affair would still be appropriate.

It appears that's what happened. :lol:

Ach well - the direct contact with clubs and utilising of social media by fans up until now has worked wonders, perhaps it's better to stick to the tried and tested methods rather than trying to go ahead with hastily organised demos.

That said, I think some of the criticism on Pie & Bovril and other sites is unfair. Going by the photos, I think there was a pretty decent turnout for a demo with such short notice that was cancelled yesterday. :lol:

I sincerely hope there is a show of unity between 'the rebel 10' and the SFL clubs. We cannot turn our backs now that we've made our decision. Not just this week but for the foreseeable future, we need to work together to push for a revolution in Scottish football.

No longer can we allow the Old Firm and incompetent administrators to discount us and run our game into the ground.