Well Society To Vote On Newco Rangers

OfficialMFC

ied

It doesn't say "will determine" - it does say that the result of the ballot will be used, but it doesn't mean that it will be the only thing that is used.

I hope I'm wrong about this, btw.

I have no doubt that it means the ballot result wil be how we vote on 4th July..................

but should be easily clarified. Can't someone do that tweetery twit thing and ask if the 4th of july vote will be the result of the ballot?

It doesn't say "will determine" - it does say that the result of the ballot will be used, but it doesn't mean that it will be the only thing that is used.

I am sure whichever way the vote goes that will be our final decision. It would be very odd to use this to just canvas opinions.

I seriously doubt that the board will see the Society vote one way and go against them if it comes to it.

I seriously doubt that the board will see the Society vote one way and go against them if it comes to it.

Agreed. Think people are just trying to pick holes in a fantastic move by the club. I have absolutely no doubt that the statement taken as a whole means the Well Society shall decide on the newco issue.

I am sure whichever way the vote goes that will be our final decision. It would be very odd to use this to just canvas opinions.

Exactly there is no way the club would ballot members and then go against their wishes, it would end the Well Society. This statement backs it up.

it is our view that in the face of this we will be best placed if we live by the spirit of the model we are seeking to achieve. We believe it is mission critical that we both listen, and are seen to have listened, to the views of our members and shareholders on whom our club relies now and for the future. Under all scenarios we need to come together as a club to see this situation through.

Agreed. Think people are just trying to pick holes in a fantastic move by the club.

Exactly. And we say the OF are paranoid! :laugh:

This is the correct move by the club and the statement leaves in absolutely no doubt that the 'Well Society members will make the final decision on how we vote.

Do you not think the people who voted no would come out and name and shame the yes voters? At the end of this we will know exactly who voted yes and who voted no.

Exactly. The clubs who vote 'yes' have so much to lose in terms of their own supports, that the 'no' clubs would be absolutely mental not to make it known how they voted - either by official announcement or by leaking it to the press.

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that the club will vote the way the Well Society decide, and I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that we'll know which way the clubs ultimately vote.

After all the shite in the last few months, folk should be taking this opportunity to relax and enjoy our club doing something great, rather than worrying about the next issue they can find.

• Like 1

Not taking into account the fact that a stunt such as that, if ever brought to light, would mean the end for the 'Well Society and everyone associated with the club board.

There's no way they take such a risk. They simply wouldn't have gone down the 'Well Society voting road and just come to a conclusion themselves.

After all the shite in the last few months, folk should be taking this opportunity to relax and enjoy our club doing something great, rather than worrying about the next issue they can find.

for me seeing the society coming into action and giving fans a direct input into the decision making of the club is much more important than which way the vote ends up going.

it's been a great day for mfc.

• Like 2

for me seeing the society coming into action and giving fans a direct input into the decision making of the club is much more important than which way the vote ends up going.

it's been a great day for mfc.

This must be the first time I have agreed with you during this whole long drawn out debate thumbup.gif .

Should you not wait until you hear the details of what we are actually voting on?

See if it was any other club (with the exception of Celtic) we wouldn't be having a vote. The SFL application process would have already started. On the basis of sporting integrity and equality I will be voting no.

Should you not wait until you hear the details of what we are actually voting on?

I doubt this will make any difference, it will be mostly what we've all already heard. If it was anything disastrous that would put Motherwell in danger the club wouldn't be doing a poll and would just vote yes

VOTE NO

by Special (see what I did there) request: Special AKA has asked this to be posted as he's computer less but I gather pretty chuffed at the decision of his club:

I applaud MFC's decision to give us the vote,

although imho it should have extended to season ticket holders out with the 'Well Society

None of this farce is of MFC's making, and this will be an inadvertent expense for them

can I therefore suggest that folks forward a cheque for £5-£10 with their vote to assist with costs, I will.

Just say NO

Cheers, Special aka

PS not sure if he's on the sauce yet

Could see the players who have joined up going with a YES vote to be honest. Not saying that is the way I am going but as others have mentioned I'd like to see what the Club are giving out with the voting procedure and what we are voting on.

Although, I'm pretty sure I have a solid understanding of this whole sorry mess, I still think we all have a few things left to learn yet. Especially in consideration to the impact of a NO and a YES vote for our Club.

Well done to the boardof Motherwell FC.

Democracy at work.

Cant really have any complaints now regardless of the result.

Although I will be shocked and stunned if its anything other than a resounding NO!