Well Society To Vote On Newco Rangers

OfficialMFC

Yes if the SPL meeting is a closed meeting and closed votes how do we know what way they went?

I was under the impression that all clubs will meet before the 4th and discuss their votes, walk into the SPL meeting having already made a decision. All clubs vote one way (the majority from the previous meeting) with some positive/negative PR having been avoided.

Should say that it's an impressive move by the club.

Positive move by the club.

I was never intending packing in watching the 'Well if the board voted yes.

I do believe a Rangerless SPL will have a more detrimental effect on our finances.

As this saga has gone on though it's become clearer to me that the right thing to do is to vote no.

I've not joined the 'Well society yet, this decision means I'll be trying to scrape together enough funds to make that investment.

Dundee United tonight met with Supporters' groups to discuss the newco situation prior to the all club vote on the proposal to transfer Rangers share on 4th July. Following what was a robust and constructive meeting, the Club's position on how we will vote was substantiated by the viewpoint of the various supporters groups. The meeting finished with all in agreement as to what the correct course of action would be.The Board of Directors of Dundee United are unequivocal in the belief that a form of sporting punishment must form part of the reasoning behind any decision made and, therefore, cannot vote the newco into the SPL. General sporting integrity and, more importantly, the integrity of Scottish football must also play a significant part in the decision making process. It is our belief that any form of sporting punishment must be unambiguous in the message it displays.The financial well being of the Club, both in the short and long term, must also be at the forefront of our thoughts. We would encourage our supporters to purchase season ticket books as a show of support to our Club. The Board of Directors will act in the best interest of Dundee United and our supporters and Scottish football on this matter. The financial consequences of not showing this support for our Club are extremely serious.

Is it possible that we have seen a few PR stunts today while a deal is being done to put the newco in SPL2? I personally doubt it but I've heard a few folk expressing such an opinion.

Anyway, Motherwell related question. For newco to start in SPL2, the most likely scenario is for Rangers to be deducted x pts from last season to effectively relegate them and keep Dunfermline up. In such a scenario, would we then be entitled to the extra £900k prize money for finishing 2nd?

Is it possible that we have seen a few PR stunts today while a deal is being done to put the newco in SPL2? I personally doubt it but I've heard a few folk expressing such an opinion.

Anyway, Motherwell related question. For newco to start in SPL2, the most likely scenario is for Rangers to be deducted x pts from last season to effectively relegate them and keep Dunfermline up. In such a scenario, would we then be entitled to the extra £900k prize money for finishing 2nd?

They can't implement an SPL2 before the start of the season. It'll require a huge amount of restructuring, meetings and votes.

Info on the United vote;

Dundee United tonight met with Supporters' groups to discuss the newco situation prior to the all club vote on the proposal to transfer Rangers share on 4th July.

Following what was a robust and constructive meeting, the Club's position on how we will vote was substantiated by the viewpoint of the various supporters groups. The meeting finished with all in agreement as to what the correct course of action would be.

The Board of Directors of Dundee United are unequivocal in the belief that a form of sporting punishment must form part of the reasoning behind any decision made and, therefore, cannot vote the newco into the SPL. General sporting integrity and, more importantly, the integrity of Scottish football must also play a significant part in the decision making process. It is our belief that any form of sporting punishment must be unambiguous in the message it displays.

The financial well being of the Club, both in the short and long term, must also be at the forefront of our thoughts. We would encourage our supporters to purchase season ticket books as a show of support to our Club. The Board of Directors will act in the best interest of Dundee United and our supporters and Scottish football on this matter. The financial consequences of not showing this support for our Club are extremely serious.

I cannot believe these clubs are going public saying they will vote "no" to an application that has not even been considered yet, to which they have not been privy to our representations, and when the hearing is not until the 4th July. It is like lodging a legal appeal and before there has even been a hearing some of the appeal judges issue a statement saying they are going to turn it down, even before an argument in the case has been made. It is harder to conceive of a more textbook example of the fettering of discretion of a party to a decision-making process. Rangers already have compelling grounds for the reduction by judicial review of any decision made.

The hysteria and blood-lust of the mob seems to be running things now pure and simple. "Sporting integrity" is just a euphemism for revenge.

I actually believe that we ought to be punished, but I am sickened by the complete lack of impartiality that has been shown. This is not a hearing on the 4th of July, it is an execution, and our foes are lining up to take the first shot.

Bound to end up in the courts with complete embarrassment looming for the SPL.

What is the point in participating in a process when those charged with the decision are announcing their results before the meeting has even taken place? Sums up the amateurish and narrow-minded nature of things just now. Appalling really.

From Rangers Media - Some want to take the decision to court if the vote goes against them on 4th July

It looks like we will be voting against a newco and rightly so. Can we vote out Celtic at the same time as the telly money , sponsorship money etc will all be up in the air. They said quite a few times when they were in bed with each other their desire to go to England so if we are taking the hit lets take the full hit and be rid of the cancer. Lets start our country football SPL without any bigotry or alliance to another country, this is the chance to do it, if we don't where one remains the other will come back.

Question and please dont shout me down but why is it just well society members who can vote. I'am a well supporter of 57 years and season ticket holder cant afford membership why cant I get a vote. Is it not the case club is moving to hand over the club to the society but not yet happened.

Question and please dont shout me down but why is it just well society members who can vote. I'am a well supporter of 57 years and season ticket holder cant afford membership why cant I get a vote. Is it not the case club is moving to hand over the club to the society but not yet happened.

It's a fair enough question and I will answer it as I understand things.

The Well society is set up to give the Fans a say on major issues, in effect a voice at board meetings and a vote on the major issues. The fact that the cost is prohibitive for some people can be turned around to suggest that people who have taken the decision to join are making a significant contribution to the club as the vast majority are likely to be ST holders also.

With regards the Newco situation it's being seen as the only way to allow the (adult)fans to vote irrepsective of what level of membership they were able to afford on a 1 member 1 vote basis as the board were stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Given the time restrictions and that many people have not yet renewed their STs it appears to be the best option.

• Like 2

do you think I should get a vote

Me?

No,

but , if it was me you asked , you've probably asked the 1 of about 20 or 30 Motherwell fans who would say that

I've had a grievance for many years about season ticket holders getting preferential treatment and inclusion when PATG and other fans get overlooked

Not that it matters , just thought I'd explain my answer,