Well Society To Vote On Newco Rangers

OfficialMFC

Even though I'm happy at the way the club eventually moved forward, with the way other SPL club are declaring 'no' votes at a rapid rate, I can see us being at the coo's tail & being the only club being out of pocket in reaching the desired outcome.

stamp addressed envelopes, a4 paper and printer ink?

Yep, and no Jennings permanently now it would seem.

Jennings will quite rightly be touted around every club possible. His agent will be trying to get the best possible deal for him as this will potentially be his last big move. If he goes (and I am pretty certain he will) I wish him all the best.

Aye - two stamps as well. It all adds up. :)

Hark at the arch defender of the playing budget.

i'm going up to buy my season ticket on wednesday and handing my stamp back. i'd urge all well fans to do the same.

if we cut back on stamps we can probably bring back shaun fagan to fill the number 8 jersey :P

Aye - two stamps as well. It all adds up. :)

Hark at the arch defender of the playing budget.

The costs do add up and I hope they bought stamps in bulk before the recent price hike but an earlier poster suggested returning the votes with a cheque to cover admin costs and I'll be doing that.

I'm voting No and accept that as a consequence of a doing so the club will be worse off financially, due to the loss of a large number of visiting fans and possibly other reasons as well. The club have stated they need to replace or reduce this loss as much as possible and I see that as fact rather than scaremongering. Obviously it's up to others what they can and can't afford and whether they want to do it but I intend to send the club a donation to cover the cost of a Rangers fan who will not be attending the first game at Fir Park as a result of the club (and others) voting them out of the SPL. I'll then take a view on it later in the season, probably at the time of our second home game against Club 12.

• Like 2

due to the loss of a large number of visiting fans and possibly other reasons as well. The club have stated they need to replace or reduce this loss as much as possible and I see that as fact rather than  scaremongering.

i've mentioned this a few times, and there are obviously pros / cons of this - but with all fans of all clubs against Rangers just now, and all clubs directors worried about the loss of several thousand h**s ££££

can we not try and incorporate an "away season ticket"??

i know in the past we have had deals with Killie and Hearts for reduced prices but can we not come up with an idea/solution that pools all the money and splits it evenly between all teams - Celtic probably being the exception.

Like many, I try and go to every away game. Up until last year, I was nearly at every game consecutively, but a change in circumstances means I now have to choose my games. I cant be the only one. IMO, away fans numbers have dropped at every club - less people are traveling. It could be ££ it could be "heavy hands, empty stands"

there is no doubt having a good travelling support at any stadium is a good thing

my example!!

£150 gets you 10 away games

- any 10 apart from Parkhead

you could choose to go to each stadium once

or you could decide that Aberdeen, Inverness and Dingwall are too far to travel so choose to go to Paisley, Kilmarnock and Hearts twice

either way - all clubs split the pot

benefits of this are similar to home season tickets where its cheaper to buy in advance. The £150 you spend is getting you to 10 games rather than 7

make sense??????????

I've wondered about this in the past and particularly thought we could start with small groups of clubs in roughly the same part of the country such as ourselves, St. Mirren and Kilmarnock putting a package together. Unfortunately the split complicates how that could work but it should be possible to get people to commit to a certain number of away games through a ticket for a season or a group of games if there is a saving to be made.

Will never work as long as TV is around imo.

We still need to grt them to realise that announcing a rime and date for a fixture months and advance then changing it with a few weeks to go to suit TV is totally unacceptable. No other 'entertainment industry' would have the utter arrogance to do this then wonder why attendances are falling.

It is bad enough when this happens for home matches but for it to affect an 'away season ticket' every other week would further annoy the fans.

We all work more anti social hours/days now and some, including myself, put in a LOT if effort to get to as many games as possible. The above problem needs to be addressed before the introduction of an additional season ticket.

We still need to grt them to realise that announcing a rime and date for a fixture months and advance then changing it with a few weeks to go to suit TV is totally unacceptable. No other 'entertainment industry' would have the utter arrogance to do this then wonder why attendances are falling.

some other "entertainment industries" are far worse mate.

You book a London show cos they have a big star in it that you have always liked and when you turn up the big star is having a night off and its the unknown, but probably better, understudy that you have to watch having spent a fortune for the ticket

Was in the passenger seat, as the other half was trying to exit a petrol station in Nairn this morning. I glanced to my left and there's this guy on a cycle a couple of feet away, waiting for us to move off, and he's wearing a Rangers jacket. I put the window down and showed him my MFC stamped addressed envelope ..................... and said "That's my No to the NewCo Vote". He just about burst out greeting :D

• Like 3

The costs do add up and I hope they bought stamps in bulk before the recent price hike but an earlier poster suggested returning the votes with a cheque to cover admin costs and I'll be doing that................................ Obviously it's up to others what they can and can't afford and whether they want to do it but I intend to send the club a donation to cover the cost of a Rangers fan who will not be attending the first game at Fir Park as a result of the club (and others) voting them out of the SPL. I'll then take a view on it later in the season, probably at the time of our second home game against Club 12.

I had originally thought of sending a cheque for £5-£10, but on the back of this splendid suggestion, I'll up that to the value of one lost bigot.

• Like 1

some other "entertainment industries" are far worse mate.

You book a London show cos they have a big star in it that you have always liked and when you turn up the big star is having a night off and its the unknown, but probably better, understudy that you have to watch having spent a fortune for the ticket

Aye, not the ideal scenario but better than going down to London to find out they have swapped your Saturday matinee show to Sunday at 12pm all with about three weeks notice when the original dates had been 'set in stone' for months. A shambles but not just restricted to our league.

I am disappointed in the "reasoned" arguements issued by the club particularly the veiled threat of insolvency and 21 point deductions should we lose £875k( in revenue (£600k from Sky and £275k from Rangers visits).

With our paper thin squad and years of punching above our weight it is not inconceivable that we could finish at the lower part of the league. Are the club suggesting that if we finish 11th which would mean a drop in SPL share at current levels of £750 (i.e. difference between 3rd and 11th) then we would be threatened with insolvency?

The big prize here is breaking the voting and wealth distribution stranglehold of the Blue and Green bigots.

Do the right thing for the game.

• Like 1

Regardless of the consequences (likely to be mostly financial) of the Newco being denied entry to the SPL our club must vote 'No'. We definitely will not be the only SPL club that will suffer financially as a result however what amazes me is that ours is the only club that is making noises about going into administration. If what our club has said is true about going into administration if and when the Newco is denied entry to the SPL then much as it pains me to have to say it, perhaps we do not deserve to be an SPL club at all.:sorry:

Is it just me or does anybody else think that the spl have done a deal to put the newco in div 1 and not div 3 where they should be...they are doing their best to get them back asap...its bollocks...The SFA need to take charge and get rid of them for good...we will be better off without the sh**e they bring to football

I also think the club laid it on quick thick with potential losses but recognise Other clubs all have banking terms which are more preferable to ours , a hangover of our time in administration I'm afraid

We simply couldn't fund anything in the region of £500k losses , hence insolvency being a potential scenario

If our club is that reliant on the Old Firm that insolvency could become an issue then maybe we deserve everything we get.

I've heard for years that we're "self-sufficient". Clearly that isn't the case if we can't survive without the gruesome twosome.

I've heard for years that we're "self-sufficient". Clearly that isn't the case if we can't survive without the gruesome twosome.

I don't think you understand what 'self-sufficient' means. (Clue: it doesn't mean we can survive with zero income).

• Like 3

If our club is that reliant on the Old Firm that insolvency could become an issue then maybe we deserve everything we get.

there's not one self sufficient football club in the entire world!

why wouldn't we rely on income from the old firm? they've been a large and reliable stream of income for most of the existence of the club.

we are on a precipice financially for the next 12 months because we budgeted for rangers and celtic to be in the top league - as they have in every other season of scottish football since the league began. if we can through the next 12 months then we have plenty of scope for changing our financial model.

i don't recall you warning of us of the dangers of signing players to multi year contracts when we signed randolph on a three year deal or extended hutchy's contract so don't be getting on your high horse now.

• Like 1