Well Society To Vote On Newco Rangers

OfficialMFC

maybe... and it is just a maybe more fans of the non old firm teams might just start coming out the woodwork and come back and watch their teams playing in a more level league, Celtic will have to even out to the closer to the level of the rest of the league to cope and IF we did lose tv revenue then that could eventually work in the favour of the clubs, as it would mean only way your gonna see a game is by going to it... upping pay at the gate punters and season tickets. Aye okay, it isn't ideal and it wouldn't be smooth but I can see eventually this making for a better game in Scotland in about 5 years time....

I would rather see Scottish Football die than be in the state it is in now... If your dog was in this state you would take it to the vets and have it put down to put it out its misery

• Like 3

Rangers voted out and we need an extra 500 fans per game = a £200,000 increase in revenue.

Rangers voted back in, 500 fans turn their back each week and we lose the revenue gained from gers fans.

I know which of the two options I would prefer. Show them the door.

Rangers voted out and we need an extra 500 fans per game = a £200,000 increase in revenue.

Rangers voted back in, 500 fans turn their back each week and we lose the revenue gained from gers fans.

I know which of the two options I would prefer. Show them the door.

the way things are going i could see us having another 500 fans easy if Rangers were voted out

especially with people starting to see the benefits of the well society scheme, this will make supporting motherwell a bit more attractive

Got my Polling paper in today, and placed my X in the No box. Have to say it made very interesting reading, and my heart goes out to MFC. Our beloved football Club have done no wrong, and because of these Govan Kuntz find themselves in a damned if they do damned if they don't situation.

Either way it looks like MFC, and the rest of Scottish football will suffer financially .................................... we just have to make the best of it, and without the Govan bullies I am convinced that as a collective the rest of us can.

1 down ------- 1 to go.

• Like 1

we're already 18th.

when the good year drops off we'll be mid 20s unless something unbelievable happens this season.

bert

True - looked at the wrong year. :doh: But it doesn't matter what position as we'll still have the same amount of teams in Europe next year than we will the year after. Only one nation has less than 1 Champions League spot (Lichtenstein due to not having a league) and only 3 nations (Lichtenstein (1), San Marino and Andorra (both 2)) have less than 3 Europa League place. We'll never, no matter what happens to the SPL clubs will be that bad to reach those lows.

I guess the BBC either read here or got a copy of the letter Clicky bit

its been posted in an article on motherwell mad/firparkcorner

and the link is all over social media

to be honest I thought about putting a scan on here this morning maybe in the protected forum, then seen it and thought everyone would have access to it there

My dads getting a season ticket now for the first time in years after all going on! wonder how many more will show more support to the club now its under threat? :O hope the admin things a clever marketing scheme! evryone should use it to convince at least one other to get a season ticket!

I guess the BBC either read here or got a copy of the letter Clicky bit

MFC tries to lay out the situation as it is (mind you they left out the Scottish Cup and the League Cup parts of the equation and the certainty that we would end up one place above what we might otherwise have expected in the SPL next season) and the media (sorry BBC, since I have not seen the other reports) take, totally out of context, a possible downside to the demise of the duopoly and a chance for merit to break through. Might there be some Ugly Sisters in their midst?

I bought my first ever season ticket along wi my old man last month. The first time weve ever lived close enough and been off at weekends enough to make it feasible, but to be 100% honest im fucked off i bothered. I can honestly say that this season will be my last involved in any form of scottish football. Ive been a Well fan all my life,been going to games since i was 3 or 4,been to hampden several times,been on euro adventures and after 27 years im throwing in the towel and can say with absolutely no doubt in my mind,im fucking sick of Motherwell + fucking sick of Scottish Football.

Weve always known the diddy clubs will take whatever shite the old firm throw. But even now,after Rangers died due to being caught in the midst of the most brazen + long winded scam ever seen in scottish football history we can see that even though we are on the cusp of a brave new dawn,were too shite scared to do anything but look for ways to make the path back to winning trophies as easy as possible on the Zombie incarnation of this disgusting,bigoted, scummy institution.

Aye the directors took the brave decision to let the well society choose the vote on Rangers newco application, but only after theyve worked a plan out to ensure the cheating c***s are demoted 1 division,rendering our decision meaningless. And now were doomed for administration if "The Rangers" get punted? well if thats the case then fine,lets go into admin and the first wages saved will be on the useless c***s who can run a "self sufficient" club that cant afford to live without the bigot pound. Honestly the biggest amount of scaremongering pish ive ever heard.

And its not only my team that has disgusted me, we have all these Charlie Big Bollocks teams with their chests puffed out,proudly shouting that they will vote no to the newco (aye cause they know its gonna mean a single division demotion and as little financial hit as possible) and doing deals behind closed doors to ensure Rangers keep a share of OUR TV MONEY by showing Div1 games next season as well as SPL.

Fuck it, the games a bogey,for those "in charge" at least come out and admit what your doing and admit that no matter how much the old firm cheat,they will never ever be punished for it. Fucking sick to the stomach,

Cheats never prosper? Aye unless your in the SPL, spineless,gutless,clueless,money grabbing,football killing shitebags,each + every chairman (apart from Mad Vlad,but thats cause he`s fucking bananas anyway!)

• Like 1

Yes Shaka, totally agree.

I am fed up with the corner shop mentality that now prospers in Motherwell Football Club. Yes I am am all for trying to balance the books, however we are now operating a very narrow minded approach to the whole situation. We finished 3rd in the league and yet we are determined to spend nothing and have a nice wee "rainy day" fund instead or trying to at least consoldate something.

No thanks, I will be voting no and hopefully we will get someone with an understanding of how we can move the club forward, rather than building up money at the expense of a deteriorating ground and dwindling team.

Yes Shaka, totally agree.

I am fed up with the corner shop mentality that now prospers in Motherwell Football Club. Yes I am am all for trying to balance the books, however we are now operating a very narrow minded approach to the whole situation. We finished 3rd in the league and yet we are determined to spend nothing and have a nice wee "rainy day" fund instead or trying to at least consoldate something.

No thanks, I will be voting no and hopefully we will get someone with an understanding of how we can move the club forward, rather than building up money at the expense of a deteriorating ground and dwindling team.

Fair bit I disagree with there.

It's not a case of being all for trying to balance the books - its a case of the club having to balance the books otherwise we go back down that slippery slope.

It's been fairly well documented that they did pretty much as you are suggesting last season by running with a budget greater than intended - but without the anticipated player sale and the uncertainty of what will happen in the near to mid-term they can't allow that to continue indefinitely - and that would have been the case even if the Rangers thing was happening or not.

From the information supplied to promote the Well Society the rainy day fund as you put it, is again a necessity to see the club through sections of the season - the alternative being that they will likely need to seek credit externally and take the hit of the costs that in itself incurs.

I see what the current incumbents on the board are doing are building the club from the bottom up, both in terms of how it is owned and run and how it interacts with the community at large. With every passing year, and every passing project they bed themselves further into the Lanarkshire community and seeds are being planted that in the longer term will grow to fruition in terms of building up future support, establishing a greater profile and building relationships that will prove beneficial commercially.

• Like 2

Also how come Hamilton and Dunfermiline and still running as fully functional football clubs with no tv deal and no old firm money?

This whole argument is total shite.

Kick the fuckers out, grow some balls and change Scottish football for the better.

• Like 1

Also how come Hamilton and Dunfermiline and still running as fully functional football clubs with no tv deal and no old firm money?

This whole argument is total shite.

Kick the fuckers out, grow some balls and change Scottish football for the better.

dunfermline have a guy called gavin masteron who they owe £10 million to.

ronnie macdonald allegedly uses some dodgy methods to balance the books at accies. also they only have two low maintenance stands and all their players are utter shite.

Heres the thing that gets me. The board of MFC have gave the decision to Well Society Members to vote on, yeah but I'm pretty sure their will people within the well society members who can be influenced my the board to vote yes... the likes of Faddy and guys who have had ties with the club but also guys who have local businesses who will probably have advertising at the ground, these guys will want the newco in to get more eyes (and tv) viewing their adverts. Obviously the board knows the guys who have ties to the club can be influenced to vote yes and the guys with advertising etc will vote yes also they could be talked into voting yes for a deal on future advertising at the club.

That leaves the regular punters who have joined the well society (or majority) how would the board convince them? Get it out in the media that the club could face going into admin if the newco are voted out, sounds exactly like scare tactics. I in no way say that it is him that put it into the media but what I mentioned in another thread about "something Flow said that made me feel the club would vote yes" well that story the bbc have about Motherwell and other clubs facing admin is basically exactly what flow told me would happen if Rangers were to be liquidated.