Well Society To Vote On Newco Rangers

OfficialMFC

Been out of the country for 4 weeks so just bringing myself up to date with whats been happening.

Has anyone else noticed something in the gate income information that doesn't seem to tie up in that they've said that income from the non old firm clubs is 300k or 26k average per game.

We had 15 home games against the non old firm clubs so should the average not be 20k. Thought they may have quoted the income net of vat and the average inclusive of VAT but that still doesn't stack up.

Not terribly important in the overall scheme of things but wondered if anyone else can shed any light or am I just still suffering from jet lag?

sorry guys have been away for an overnight i joined the society and got a reply from andy_p asnd he stated on his reply that the society has 1 vote as i thought that being the case the majority of directors can out vote the society

Was it not that the forum has 1 vote?

no not for this issue

when the society is controlling the club, the society will in effect elect the board and the board will take the decisions, every single decision will not go to a mass vote, only extraordinary decisions would be passed back to a vote,

PS there is a society thread to discuss these type of things

sorry guys have been away for an overnight i joined the society and got a reply from andy_p asnd he stated on his reply that the society has 1 vote as i thought that being the case the majority of directors can out vote the society

Was it not that the forum has 1 vote?

eaststandfan if I can clarify, you have joined a number of Steelmen Online forum users who combined have contributed sums to enable us to have one single membership on behalf of the forum.

As Jonesy has stated Steelmen Online have one single vote just the same as each other Well Society member.

To enable to us to determine whether a yes or no vote should be placed, all forum members who have contributed towards the Steelmen Online membership, yourself included have been invited to give your preference so that I place the vote.

I've been on holiday this last week and have been following the updates from what I could find on Twitter. Eventful week with the statement on Monday, the announcement on Thursday and the voting documentation on Saturday.

My thoughts as follows:

1) the statement on Monday was negative but I read it as balanced. I think we had reached a stage there that the fans wanted answers and patience was wearing thin and seeing something saying nothing was taken as a no.

2) the decision for society members to take the vote is the correct one, actually by the time Friday comes I think it will be a moot point as all the other teams will have decided to vote no anyway but the principal of the decision is good.

3) the documentation is always going to show the dangers of a no vote more thoroughly; not because they are trying to make you vote one way or other just that these losses are tangible and easier to predict.

What I would say to counter the last point is when we vote we should be voting as football fans first and Motherwell fans second. We should be making the decision based on the good of the game. As much as it hurts me to say it, Scottish football would survive without Motherwell FC but Motherwell FC could not survive without Scottish football. Assuming nothing else happens at the end of this (ie no reconstruction, no change of rules) Motherwell have been an SPL team for 30 years. That is more than any other team of our size. Realistically in the next ten years we will probably be relegated. This is not me being negative, just my belief that football is in some way cyclical. When we are relegated whether it be in 2013, 2018, 2023 or some time beyond who are going to be there - will it be Rangers Newco? Sky TV? Celtic fans? of course not it is our own fans. Therefore we need to make a decision for the good of Scottish football and for the good of MOtherwell FC long term. I don't doubt times will be shite for a bit but that is a given regardless. We don't have to look far to see why losing fans is going ot hamstring you for ever more. Hamilton played outside the town for ten years and they lost people my age; had they been here I may have wound up supporting them and you wonder how many more there would have been but when I was at school my folks were always going to be happier for me to come to Motherwell than into Glasgow to watch the Accies. That club have a huge hole in their support now and it may never close as one generation lost their habit and their children in time will do the same. With the fans onside anything is possible and Motherwell fans, on the whole believe in Scottish football furthering itself, that can be proven by many debates I've had on trains, in pubs, at away grounds and that is why we're the best and why we must vote no.

Speaking of trains I see the swines at Scotrail have banned early morning boozing. Gits.

• Like 2

I understand the thought of football being cyclical, but we have been one of the most consistently strong teams outwith the Old Firm for a long time. Why would relegation suddenly be a realistic prospect?

We would have to drop back immensely before such an eventuality became realistic.

• Like 1

We almost got relegated in 2007, we should have been relegated in 2003, having been 3rd in 2008 we were joint bottom on Christmas Day that year. It doesn't take much of a shift in luck on the injury front to see you bottom, especially if reconstruction comes and there are two up two down. Just saying on the balance of averages in the next ten years we'll go down. It could be longer but whenever it is the same point holds, we turn fans off now they'll never come back.

• Like 1

On the balance of averages, over the last ten years, we finish... ninth, worst case scenario.

Not exactly relegation, even with the doomcasted 2 up, 2 down scenario.

It's bad enough with the SPL not expecting us to finish top six, without our own fans having us drop half a table based on a season 5 years ago.

On the balance of averages, over the last ten years, we finish... ninth, worst case scenario.

Not exactly relegation, even with the doomcasted 2 up, 2 down scenario.

It's bad enough with the SPL not expecting us to finish top six, without our own fans having us drop half a table based on a season 5 years ago.

My point was really an example that, for the size of club we are, we have no right to expect to be in the top division every season. Therefore we have no right to be relying on money from the top division TV deal or the top division bigger draws such as Rangers or Celtic. If shit and fan collide, and this scenario has the makings of a really runny brown jobby, the only people we can rely on to pull the club through it are our own fans so we need to vote for the good of the game as that is what our fams demand and if they don't get it they'll walk as has clearly been shown by the rhetoric on here for the last three months (though it seems like decades). I'm not expecting us to get relegated however I am realistic enough to know it does not take much of a swing for it to happen.

I see the swing which you speak of, but that is one hell of a drop, from our recent positions to any form of relegation fear.

Really small squad, all it takes is an injury or two and we're fucked. Look at the poor run of form we had when Lasley and Jenno suspended seemingly on alternate weeks.