Well Society To Vote On Newco Rangers

OfficialMFC

If we or any other teams go down the shitter then it's the fans who've pushed the clubs into voting no who are to blame.I've stayed out of these threads for a while apart from voting 'yes' to letting them back in because we are fucked if they go into div 3 as are a few other teams.It's fine going on about sporting integrity but the people who run the clubs are far more bothered about the finacial side and all these boycott threats have left them between a rock and a hard place but imo most teams will be worse off financially now that Rangers aren't getting back in.Even more so for Motherwell.I mean does anyone seriously think the WS is going to make that 900k?! :dash2:

Crying-Baby-001.jpg

Will bring in even more with McFadden and 10 on the back.

Fapfapfapfapfap

Tell me we couldnt pay him a decent fee on those shirt sales alone! I dont have the 3rd strip yet but if he signs......

I'm not even going to try and find out if this article has been posted before;

I’m trying to think dispassionately here and setting aside the rights and wrongs of the future of Rangers in or out of the SPL to concentrate purely on the effect on crowds. It has been claimed, usually by the Traynors, Chicos and “Scoop” Jacksons of this world, that the effect on crowds would be disastrous. Would they?

Have a look at these two sets of figures I have compiled from this season’s attendances. The first one compares the average attendance against Rangers (bear in mind some teams have played them once and others twice) compared to the average with both Old Firm teams stripped out. The figures are the amounts by which the crowd goes up when Rangers are in town. On the face of it it looks frightening if the Ibrox club are lost from the SPL.

Aberdeen + 6996

Kilmarnock + 4959

Motherwell + 4603

Dunfermline + 3396

Dundee United + 2983

St Johnstone + 2973

Inverness CT + 2960

St Mirren + 2550

Hearts + 1971

Hibernian + 1871

But now look at the second set of figures. These are the number of supporters that would be lost once the Rangers figures are spread over the season. Suddenly a Rangers-less future isn’t as scary after all.

Aberdeen – 368

Kilmarnock – 261

Motherwell – 242

Dunfermline – 179

Dundee United – 157

St Johnstone – 156

Inverness CT – 156

St Mirren – 134

Hearts – 104

Hibernian – 98

Some observations: the basic scenario hasn’t changed since I first ran this exercise a decade ago. Aberdeen lose the most in total but Kilmarnock and Motherwell lose most proportionately. This is down to a larger capacity in the first instance and ease of travel in the latter. Had St Mirren still been in possession of a bigger ground, they would be in the same situation as Killie and ‘Well. The comparatively low figures for the Edinburgh pair are based on their relatively high number of season ticket holders.

Now, while exercises such as this can’t account for any loss of sponsorship, TV rights etc, they do show quite plainly that losing Rangers from the SPL would be far from the economic disaster many portray it as. Only one “Gang of Ten” club needs to entice more than 300 fans through the gates on a regular basis to offset the loss from Rangers. Most clubs have lost more fans on average in the past few seasons than the numbers here and the doors have yet to be locked on any stadium. Additionally, visits from the Old Firm bring costs not associated with other clubs in terms of police and stewarding, not to mention repair work on those odd occasions when the result is not to their pleasing.

Finally, there is one club that stands to lose more fans than any other. Celtic drop by 8,553 when comparing Rangers visits to other clubs and they would need 450 more per game to recover their losses. Again, they have lost far more than that in recent seasons.

The conclusion is that, as far as attendances are concerned at any rate, the loss of Rangers to the SPL would be no great burden.

• Like 1

:nod: Pretty much, but to me the chat now should be about how we can make up the shortfall rather than wringing hands and wailing 'woe is us'. We'll survive without them fuckers but we need some creative thinking now more than ever.

Creative thinking!! It now looks certain that the Newco will not be playing in the SPL next year and maybe longer depending on what league they do end up in so if things are as bad as the club say then they need to reduce their expenditure asap. As players wages will undoubtedly be the biggest expenditure then all of the players need to be have their contracts re-negotiated with a view to wage cuts asap - this can be achieved via a 90-day notice.

That will certainly mean players moving out as they won't accept this but if the club wants to survive then it needs to get itself into a situation where its expenditure can be comfortably met within its income excluding monies from TV and OF gates. However, IMO far too many footballers in Scotland (including some at our own club) are way overpaid in relation to their skills and abilities and its now time that footballers wages were properly matched to their actual skills and capabilities and this debacle provides all clubs with the ideal opportunity to do this.

We as well as the fans at all the other clubs who are for sporting integrity and who will also be in financial difficulties over this need to decide what we want - we can't have our cake and eat it!

• Like 1

Creative thinking!! It now looks certain that the Newco will not be playing in the SPL next year and maybe longer depending on what league they do end up in so if things are as bad as the club say then they need to reduce their expenditure asap. As players wages will undoubtedly be the biggest expenditure then all of the players need to be have their contracts re-negotiated with a view to wage cuts asap - this can be achieved via a 90-day notice.

That will certainly mean players moving out as they won't accept this but if the club wants to survive then it needs to get itself into a situation where its expenditure can be comfortably met within its income excluding monies from TV and OF gates. However, IMO far too many footballers in Scotland (including some at our own club) are way overpaid in relation to their skills and abilities and its now time that footballers wages were properly matched to their actual skills and capabilities and this debacle provides all clubs with the ideal opportunity to do this.

We as well as the fans at all the other clubs who are for sporting integrity and who will also be in financial difficulties over this need to decide what we want - we can't have our cake and eat it!

there is no chance we can do that, the players are on fixed term contracts.

it's a stupid idea anyway. the majority of squad are worth what we are paying them and a good number of them willing be getting paid significantly more when they move down south next summer.

I'm not even going to try and find out if this article has been posted before;

If it has been posted it would have been exposed as bullshit. While some teams only play Rangers once, some teams play them twice and teams would play them at least 1.5 times on average over a number of seasons. So simply dividing the increased average Rangers match attendances by 19 is bad maths at best and dishonest at worst.

I'm sure teams who are going from 3 games against the OF to 1 are going to be effected more than those who have guaranteed.

there is no chance we can do that, the players are on fixed term contracts.

it's a stupid idea anyway. the majority of squad are worth what we are paying them and a good number of them willing be getting paid significantly more when they move down south next summer.

Mate not so stupid! Footballers contracts are not worth the bog roll they are printed on. Anyway fyi any contract of employment can be re-negotiated - it happens every day. The employer issues its the affected employees with a 90-day notice of intention to change of conditions of employment.

Oh aye and if you seriously believe that all of our players are worth their current wages then you are I am afraid deluded. Oh and as for moving south to get more money that's a laugh. I don't know if you noticed but the road back north is clogged with players who went south, have been found out and are returning to take what they can get. Recent examples for us Quinn, Clarkson, McFadden oh and where is Brian Kerr now?

Mate not so stupid! Footballers contracts are not worth the bog roll they are printed on. Anyway fyi any contract of employment can be re-negotiated - it happens every day. The employer issues its the affected employees with a 90-day notice of intention to change of conditions of employment.

Oh aye and if you seriously believe that all of our players are worth their current wages then you are I am afraid deluded. Oh and as for moving south to get more money that's a laugh. I don't know if you noticed but the road back north is clogged with players who went south, have been found out and are returning to take what they can get. Recent examples for us Quinn, Clarkson, McFadden oh and where is Brian Kerr now?

if it was that easy why hasn't mad vlad done it instead of paying a king's ransom to david obua? because it can't be done. there is a difference between a fixed term contract and an ordinary contract, footballers can't exactly give notice can they?

mcfadden is a multi millionaire! quinn and clarkson might not have played much but they will have been earning a small fortune. reynolds is supposedly up to ten grand a week without kicking a ball. the wages of randolph, hateley, hutchinson, saunders, law, jennings, murphy and ojaama will all be going up rather than down the next time they sign a contract.

................................... We as well as the fans at all the other clubs who are for sporting integrity ......................

Does anyone really believe the No vote was motivated by the 'sporting integrity' loby ??? It has been a very good excuse, however imho "No one likes us, we don't care" ...................... is more likely to be the foundations of most fans demands for a No NewCo.

In keeping with how the vast majority of posters have intimated how they would vote, the contributors who have donated towards the Steelmen Online Well Society membership have unanimously agreed that a No vote should be placed on their behalf.

• Like 5

or is that media spin and propoganda from Green????

i aint seen anything about the start up of an spl2 apart from a claim from the weegie media

Nobody is denying it, even the SFA is in on it

And the SFL clubs are reacting to it

Open your eyes http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/rangers/108463-in-full-document-sent-to-sfl-clubs-to-put-rangers-into-the-first-division/

Nobody is denying it, even the SFA is in on it

And the SFL clubs are reacting to it

Open your eyes http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/rangers/108463-in-full-document-sent-to-sfl-clubs-to-put-rangers-into-the-first-division/

Did I seriously just read that?!

Fuck me!

"Rangers have nowhere to go"

"complete financial meltdown"

"Deals with the need for sporting integrity with regard to Newco"

"A positive media outcome"

"Balances short term need for redemption with a least worst case financial scenario"

Who is responsible for this? The SFA? The SPL? The SPL Teams?

Outrageous.