Well Society To Vote On Newco Rangers

OfficialMFC

SFL fans need ro lobby their clubs now.

That document is nothing but a threat, The SFL should call them on it.

I for one will have no part of a Greed is Good League 2.

Well Society money back on hold!

Nobody is denying it, even the SFA is in on it

And the SFL clubs are reacting to it

Open your eyes http://m.stv.tv/spor...first-division/

my eyes are open ta.

all i see is a rehashed document rushed out to give the lower division clubs an idea of what POSSIBLE proposals there are and what they COULD mean in much the same way as our club gave us what facts they could.

I see no threat of an SPL2, just a vague possibility.

Do you honestly think that could be set up in time for the start of season 12/13 if any of teh clubs that would not be invited challenged it in court?

SPL clubs can decide wot happens in their league...Our club gave the option to our fans...that is as much as our club can do...after that it is over tio teh clubs and fans of the lower divisions for them to make up their minds

But sorry i dont jump on the guilty until proven innocent bandwagon that suits no-one but green and teh media imo

:help:

• Like 1

Total CRAP of the highest order.

Its the governing body thats resisting change and afraid of it not the teams in the SFL or SPL.

The change should be that Rangers get treated the same as any other club would have got treated.

Apparently though this is never going to happen and the power that be are shit scared that lossing rangers money wil mean cut backs to their cushy jobs.

We are the laughing stock of world football. This shite should have been over and done with months ago.

step 1 Rangers go into liquidation

step 2 A new club is formed

step 3 The new club applies to be able to participate in the SFL.

DONE !!! Enjoy your summer!

But no, we have to suffer the indignity of being bent over multiple times and shafted from every angle.

How the F**k can they contemplate an SPL 2 when they can't even run an SPL 1 properly FFS!!!

They ask at what level scottish football might survive..........whatever level attianed at least you could in all honesty say that we are at this level because we done the right thing.

Scottish football needs to change but that change has to mean being able to survive without depending or rangers and/or celtic. ..........and I'll take whatever level that is!

I disagree Stoney:

They list the statement below as a benefit to scottish football

"Keeps all 42 clubs together avoiding a divisive SPL2 split"

Meaning if you dont play ball with us then there will be an SPL2 in which rangers will participate.

Of course I am not sure if that means ALL SPL clubs would get to vote on who is accepted. if i read correctly this has been sanctioned by all clubs ( still not sure about that ) which would seen to infer that they would allow rangers into the SPL2.

My opinion is that they should be starting from Div 3 and I do hope you are right stoney and that I am jumping the gun. We should know soon.

Just when you think they can't make more of an arse of the situation.......

If Newco don't have to apply to the SFL as any other team would (and I still doubt whether they will even be in a position to do so) then I'm out. Not another penny to a corrupt league or football association.

I disagree Stoney:

They list the statement below as a benefit to scottish football

"Keeps all 42 clubs together avoiding a divisive SPL2 split"

Meaning if you dont play ball with us then there will be an SPL2 in which rangers will participate.

Of course I am not sure if that means ALL SPL clubs would get to vote on who is accepted. if i read correctly this has been sanctioned by all clubs ( still not sure about that ) which would seen to infer that they would allow rangers into the SPL2.

My opinion is that they should be starting from Div 3 and I do hope you are right stoney and that I am jumping the gun. We should know soon.

you might be right mate but that is just a possible idea to come out of the think tank that whoever released the statement wanted to highlight, in fact the media have used it as headlines even tho it is mentioned as "could "at any time thru teh actual statement rather than would

If they tried to push it thru this summer, without teh backing of the top 1st division clubs do you honestly believethat the clubs would not seek legal action to prevent it happining this year...is it 4-6 weeks till start of the first division now?

The document sent to SFL clubs is blatant blackmail IMO.

It quite simply spells out that there have been five scenarios entertained, three of which are non-starters.

That leaves two scenarios - either the SFL clubs allow Rangers into the First Division, or it's SPL2 time.

It's as close to blackmail as you can get without the SPL basically just sending out what I've written above.

The document sent to SFL clubs is blatant blackmail IMO.

It quite simply spells out that there have been five scenarios entertained, three of which are non-starters.

That leaves two scenarios - either the SFL clubs allow Rangers into the First Division, or it's SPL2 time.

It's as close to blackmail as you can get without the SPL basically just sending out what I've written above.

Except, when it comes to SPL2, the document reads:

4. RANGERS TO SPL2

•Currently not supported by the SFA

•Creates a bigger divide

•Leads to some short term commercial losses

•A legal challenge could paralyse the game

•The overall pot would be much less than anticipated

Not currently supported by the SFA could be an issue there, not to mention the legal challenges.

Not currently supported by the SFA could be an issue there, not to mention the legal challenges.

Why would the SFA not currently supporting the idea be an issue in the slightest? Of course they don't currently support the idea - they've made it quite clear that they currently support the idea of Rangers going into the First Division. However, if that's not a goer then they will obviously support an SPL2, especially as it'll be the only option out of five still available.

And legal challenges from who exactly?

Why would the SFA not currently supporting the idea be an issue in the slightest? Of course they don't currently support the idea - they've made it quite clear that they currently support the idea of Rangers going into the First Division. However, if that's not a goer then they will obviously support an SPL2, especially as it'll be the only option out of five still available.

And legal challenges from who exactly?

OK, seeing as you don't believe any of that. What about the following, also from the document:

IF WE AGREE THEN WE REQUIRE THE FOLLOWING

- A new distribution model with the settlement agreement value protected and future proofed

- A more balanced governance model (as circulated)

Is that good or bad? Does more balanced governance mean we lose the 11 - 1 voting rules. What about the new distribution model? Does that mean it might be more equal?

What was published on the STV site was obviously just a Powerpoint Presentation. Not exactly a legal or binding document.

I need to hear what the details are first and, even more importantly, what the SFL response is, before I start with the boycotts etc. again.

I need to hear what the details are first and, even more importantly, what the SFL response is, before I start with the boycotts etc. again.

That's perfectly fine. At the moment, I'm personally more concerned with what our club's response - if any - will be to this.

I'm still waiting on my ballot papers. Hope a better system is put in place for overseas members before the next key vote.

not so good that you didn't get to vote, maybe going forward it would be simple to arrange a more local address for you to nominate someone to complete the forms for you

Although I was impressed with the 10000hrs reaction to being tasked by the StMirren board to gather thoughts on the impending vote

within hours they had an online voting system launched and every member got an email with a single use link on it, to vote on the 4 main questions

I dont think web voting should be the only option to vote, but it should be an option going forward if only to save costs and catch overseas members in time

Can't understand the hold-up here. What we talking about ? 1000 pieces of paper to put into 2 piles then count :wallbash: :wallbash:

They have actually been counted (according to Flow) and the result is pretty clear. However, they need to be independently verified and this will happen on Monday and the results revealed then.

So just concentrate in enjoying your weekend cheers.gif

They have actually been counted (according to Flow) and the result is pretty clear. However, they need to be independently verified and this will happen on Monday and the results revealed then.

So just concentrate in enjoying your weekend cheers.gif

So can I pop the champagne :whistling:

save money on champagne and get a new computer, as we're obviously not keeping you up to date in real time :help::P

So if I understand this correctly

....The envelopes have been opened and the votes counted, without an independent person being present at the time of opening and counting. Surely the independent person should have been present there and then to verify all was above board. Instead we have...."Oh we'll just lock them in a drawer and get someone to check them in a few days." In any meaningful election that would resulted in a void return. No wonder folk believe in conspiracies. A shambles MFC!

Surely the independent person should have been present there and then to verify all was above board.

Yep, that's my understanding of having a ballot "independently verified" as well. If the votes have already been opened and counted, there is now absolutely no point in having them independently verified.

It's just as well it's a resounding no that we all expected. If it was a close result there would be calls to have the ballot all over again.

• Like 1