Well Society To Vote On Newco Rangers

OfficialMFC

Assuming that the vote will be a resounding NO, I will be doing likewise. This is a much fairer way to decide on the fate of a Newco, I only hope that all Well Society members do the right thing.

So are you saying that you won't renew if the Well Society vote yes? Even though that decision will have been made by the fans themselves? Would that not make it a bit churlish to withdraw your financial backing, even though the club themselves have done the right thing? Not having a dig like, everyone's entitled to their own decision on this matter, just trying to understand the different viewpoints.

EDIT: Also, what's the situation with the Steelmen Online membership? Did that ever get the go ahead? If so, are we running an "official Newco vote" or just using the results of the existing one as the vote?

So are you saying that you won't renew if the Well Society vote yes? Even though that decision will have been made by the fans themselves?

It’s purely a personal thing, it doesn’t matter to me whether Motherwell or Well Society vote Yes, I will only go back if the vote is NO.

EDIT: Also, what's the situation with the Steelmen Online membership? Did that ever get the go ahead? If so, are we running an "official Newco vote" or just using the results of the existing one as the vote?

I think its a foregone conclusion, but knowing Andy he will probably ask the contributors to the society membership for their thoughts

Great stuff by the club and a real statement of intent for the way things will be done in future. Whichever way our the vote goes, the club have done all they can and should be applauded for sticking by their model for the Well Society.

I hope a move like this by the board will be repaid by the fans in ensuring that they give their continued support to the club regardless of.................

1. Whether the vote is a yes or a No

2. Whether Rangers end up in SPL or not

3. whether Rangers get punished or not

The board are stepping up to the plate and delivering. We can only control what is within our means to control. I think after such a brave decision by the board, if you are a real fan, you should not turn your back on Motherwell because of something the SFA/SPL did or did not do. The board have put themselves out on a limb by doing the right thing. The very least we can do is give them our full support regardless of what other body's choose to do.

DAMN!!!!! I did not realize how much this was bothering me till I read the statement today and now I am going to ahve a big stupid smile on my face all day long!

• Like 1

I'll be renewing my season ticket tomorrow now. I was very much in the 'vote no or I'm out' crowd but the fact that the club are letting the fans vote is enough for me. Absolutely brilliant, so proud to be a well fan just now!

Yeah, it's pretty much all you can ask for I think. I'll certainly be renewing now.

Very proud that the club has turned their individual decision over to the fans, however for me personally the issue is the end result rather than any individual votes. My continued attendance or otherwise at Scottish Football depends on the presence of a Newco in the SPL or not. Nothing else. If the end result is the rules being overlooked to keep them in just because of who they are, then the game's a bogey and im not willing to put thousands of pounds into it that could be better spent on something with a point to it.

Thankfully, it's looking increasingly like the right thing will be done.

• Like 1

Hats off to the club, turning a potential PR disaster into probably a major coup. I would expect season ticket sales to surge further, and with more and more clubs coming out against "The" Rangers/Newco/Sevco/Club 12, this could finally be the new dawn we are waiting for.

Very proud that the club has turned their individual decision over to the fans, however for me personally the issue is the end result rather than any individual votes. My continued attendance or otherwise at Scottish Football depends on the presence of a Newco in the SPL or not. Nothing else. If the end result is the rules being overlooked to keep them in just because of who they are, then the game's a bogey and im not willing to put thousands of pounds into it that could be better spent on something with a point to it.

Thankfully, it's looking increasingly like the right thing will be done.

I think the whole ethos of the well society is about democracy. I will be voting NO and hope the majority vote no. However, If it comes out a yes vote I will be back at fir park because my problem was about the fans wishes being ignored. I can't and will not argue with a democratic choice. If (as I expect) we now vote no and Rangers get 11 votes and are playing in the SPL then I am not going to punish my club because we done the right thing. I think there is a point to a Motherwell team who listen to their fans.

Anyway I think they're fucked anyway.

• Like 1

i think the way this is going the Killie chairman could really fuck his club over.

The way this is going, the Killie chairman might be stood in shock next to Charles Green following the vote, while the other ten SPL club chairmen head off out for celebratory drinks... whistling.gif

After the uncertainty of the past month or so I can honestly say that I'm no longer as concerned as to what the other clubs vote. My club is doing the right thing, which is all I want.

Any plans for an online poll of Well Society members, to gauge which way the vote will go? Or are we all polled out.

Any plans for an online poll of Well Society members, to gauge which way the vote will go? Or are we all polled out.

I'm not sure that would work to be honest, as anyone could easily vote, making it just as valid as the other poll we already have.