Well Society To Vote On Newco Rangers

OfficialMFC

I'm not sure that would work to be honest, as anyone could easily vote, making it just as valid as the other poll we already have.

Although true - there is ways for us to tell how people voted - and if any are found not to be members then they can be sanctioned by the Moderating team if need be. Of course, we could go with the current standing since I think, what 2 or 3 people voted for the NewCo and take that as a "No vote" - unless any member believes this would not be a true reflection of the Membership?

I think the whole ethos of the well society is about democracy. I will be voting NO and hope the majority vote no. However, If it comes out a yes vote I will be back at fir park because my problem was about the fans wishes being ignored. I can't and will not argue with a democratic choice. If (as I expect) we now vote no and Rangers get 11 votes and are playing in the SPL then I am not going to punish my club because we done the right thing. I think there is a point to a Motherwell team who listen to their fans.

Anyway I think they're fucked anyway.

Yeah that's fair enough, of course. Although i'm not really referring to the possibility of the Well Society voting yes...there's no possibility of that at all. We're a stick-on "no" vote, thank goodness.

Yeah that's fair enough, of course. Although i'm not really referring to the possibility of the Well Society voting yes...there's no possibility of that at all. We're a stick-on "no" vote, thank goodness.

We're all assuming that, maybe the Well Society members will vote yes when they see the facts and figures...

Now there's a novel approach - wait until you are in full possession of the facts before deciding how to vote.

Nope no way that'll catch on.

Unless a no vote would definitely mean our club would be in administration / liquidated I doubt anyone would jump from the no camp to the yes camp...

There won't be any facts in the documnet received anyway... much like the ridiculous Rangers CVA there are far too many ifs, buts and maybes invloved... the negatives will be weighted towards the worst case scenarios and the positives will be played down so that people aren't overly optimistic.

The no camp has never been about financial facts and figures anyway as far as I'm aware.

Unless a no vote would definitely mean our club would be in administration / liquidated I doubt anyone would jump from the no camp to the yes camp...

There won't be any facts in the documnet received anyway... much like the ridiculous Rangers CVA there are far too many ifs, buts and maybes invloved... the negatives will be weighted towards the worst case scenarios and the positives will be played down so that people aren't overly optimistic.

The no camp has never been about financial facts and figures anyway as far as I'm aware.

Voting "No" meaning liquidation would obviously be the worst case, but what about something the middle?

"Cutting our cloth to suit" is a phrase bandied about quite regularly, but in reality that can mean things like making staff redundant. If the financials for "No" meant that we had to lay off half a dozen loyal Fir Park employees and close down 2 of the community projects, it might not be as clear cut.

So, like I said earlier, let's see the details first.

Agreed, but again without the facts sheer conjencture and not something I'm prepared to act on without having those facts. Only after that will I make my mind up. I would hope that most members would be like-minded.

Voting "No" meaning liquidation would obviously be the worst case, but what about something the middle?

"Cutting our cloth to suit" is a phrase bandied about quite regularly, but in reality that can mean things like making staff redundant. If the financials for "No" meant that we had to lay off half a dozen loyal Fir Park employees and close down 2 of the community projects, it might not be as clear cut.

So, like I said earlier, let's see the details first.

That kind of sensible approach, I'm afraid, won't prevail. Not saying that voting "No" is the wrong answer but too many people already have their mind made up...

a great decision from the board. hopefully now no matter what happens with the vote we can all go forward and focus on the future of motherwell fc.

forgetting about newcos and share transfer i'm delighted to see the society up and functioning and taking responsibility on an important issue. this is the way forward for us as a club and a support.

• Like 2

How do we know they will go into the meeting and actually vote the way we say, Whats to stop them doing this just to keep us quiet

The voting would need to be independently adjudicated to make sure that it was all fair and above board. I am sure that our club will have it all sorted by the time of the vote.

We will therefore hold a ballot of adult 'Well Society Members and the small number of existing minority shareholders who have yet to join the society, on a 'one member/shareholder-one vote' basis. The results of the ballot will be independently audited and will be used to determine which way the club votes on 4th July.

I keep reading this, and I'm still not sure if it means that the board's decision on how the club votes on 4th July will be solely determined by the result of the ballot, or if the result of the ballot will be just one factor taken into consideration when making the decision.

Edit: I suppose I'm just asking the same question mfcmainstand asked earlier.

I keep reading this, and I'm still not sure if it means that the board's decision on how the club votes on 4th July will be solely determined by the result of the ballot, or if the result of the ballot will be just one factor taken into consideration when making the decision.

Edit: I suppose I'm just asking the same question mfcmainstand asked earlier.

Taking the rest of the statement into consideration it has to mean the result of the ballot is how we vote.