Well Society To Vote On Newco Rangers

OfficialMFC

Sorry guys but buying a season ticket allows people to watch X football matches, buying into the well society allows people to have a say on matters regarding the running and direction of the club. If ST holders can vote on issues, what's the point of the society?

• Like 4

I will ask another question if motherwell had not started the society who would the club have asked would anybody have got a say?

I think the society is a great idea and hope it gets the end result. I was not just asking the question as a season tickets holder but does it not count going to games for 57 years.

I will ask another question if motherwell had not started the society who would the club have asked would anybody have got a say?

I think the society is a great idea and hope it gets the end result. I was not just asking the question as a season tickets holder but does it not count going to games for 57 years.

Unfortunately, regardless of where the line is drawn, there will always be regular attenders who feel left out. I can see the logic in this one, however, as the point of the Society is to let members have a more direct say in the direction the club is taking. If that is extended to season ticket holders or a supporters clubs or whatever, then it renders the Society membership valueless.

i understand what you said east stand al but has the club given shares to the society and given them a vote?

JBs shares are currently held in trust for when the Society is fully incorporated and under normal circumstances there is a kind of proxy committee managing them in terms of board level.

However the overwhelming majority of fans to have expressed an opinion appear to be in the No camp ( not to be confused with the Nou Camp :-D) , No matter which way the vote goes the Board can say "Its the will of the fans"!

It may not be perfect however it is the best we have at present.

As for your own situation I'm sure many would agree you deserve a bloody medal not just a vote evilgrin.gif!

The rangers media have a cheek on them. There should not even be a vote. The point is they went bust,. so go start at the bottom and work your way up. it's not revenge, it's not blood lust...................it's just that Rangers should be treated the same as any other team would. Therefore it is reasonable that clubs should already have their mind made up to vote no. it just means rangers get no special treatment no worse or better than any other team should get.

Having said that the scottish football authorities still have to deal with the alleged offences and act accordingly. Part of that being to determine if the newco is actually accountable for any offences proven to have been committed by the old rangers

Congratulations to the Board for stating our decision on the newco admittance to the SPL should be made by the Trust. I hope all Well fans now get right behind the club for showing this initiative, and any fan who hasn't yet renewed their season ticket, well whats keeping you?

NB well done to HMFC and DUFC for their statements.

I understand your point wee yin one of my points was has the society now been given voting rights in all decisions?

No idea about that you'd have to ask the club!

Given that I have yet to receive anything other than a welcome letter from the Society this could be a disaster as we have only a week within which to respond.

Edited by East_Stand_Al

It looks like we will be voting against a newco and rightly so. Can we vote out Celtic at the same time as the telly money , sponsorship money etc will all be up in the air. They said quite a few times when they were in bed with each other their desire to go to England so if we are taking the hit lets take the full hit and be rid of the cancer. Lets start our country football SPL without any bigotry or alliance to another country, this is the chance to do it, if we don't where one remains the other will come back.

This isn't about voting Celtic out of the league. Whilst I don't like CFC and what a large number of their fans hold dear, their misdemeanours are nothing compared to the real villains of the piece who cheated and stole their way to numerous titles and trophies. Let's stick to getting rid of zombie fc and go forward from there.

In response to the action taken by the board today, I think it is a well thought out policy by LD and co. They've judged the mood of the fans and clearly want a good PR story. Well done to all concerned!! Now let's get shot of these feckers!!

I'm enjoying the rampant paranoia of the Rangers fans over almost anything else at the moment.

We're all filled with bloodlust, disgusting hatred, and bile, and the cause of all of this is resent for their success. They can't see why we take issue with the 'success'

That, and everyone outwith the noble Rangers have been sucking money from them, and really, all of this is the fault of everyone else, not their own club.

Sounds ironically like the fans of another Glasgow team...

Very pleased here. The Society membership has been on the back burner but will be purchased now. Not so that I get a vote, but to boost funds and show my appreciation.

By the way, the huge landslide of the expected NO vote should surely put an end to any more "h**s without bus fare" taunts..

Sorry guys but buying a season ticket allows people to watch X football matches, buying into the well society allows people to have a say on matters regarding the running and direction of the club. If ST holders can vote on issues, what's the point of the society?

This.

Full of praise and respect for anyone who has bought a season ticket for dozens and dozens of years, but I've bought Rice Krispies for years - doesn't mean I should get a say in how Kellogs is run.

• Like 3

Aberdeen have now announced a No vote as well.

If we vote No that takes it up to 4 of the 5 required. From Petrie's comments, I expect Hibs to vote No and it wouldn't surprise me if they make an announcement now that there seems to be some momentum.

Question and please dont shout me down but why is it just well society members who can vote. I'am a well supporter of 57 years and season ticket holder cant afford membership why cant I get a vote. Is it not the case club is moving to hand over the club to the society but not yet happened.

Good to see you've followed the "Well" as long as me, and I'm sorry you don't have the funds to join the Society, but the point being in those 57 years have you ever had the opportunity to have your say about any decision the club made? The answer is no. Buying into the society now gives everyone the right to have their say about things that effect the club. So while I admire your loyalty, like mine, in my opinion my season ticket get's me nothing more than entry to games and the same seat every week. Society membership get's me a vote.

St. Mirren statment is a bit of a damp squid..seem they have takeover talks which are more important. No official statement from Aberdeen. I know Jim Spence is a decent journo but I will wait for the official announcement before I add them to the NO camp. Funny how its the east coast clubs who are all coming out the woodwork and not a lot from the West coast clubs. Motherwell decision is unknown until the vote is declared despite the calls on here for a NO vote.

I will definitely be voting no. IMO the worst case scenario is us voting yes and the overall vote going against The Rangers (which is looking increasingly likely). If that was the case we'd still be losing whatever money they bring to the SPL but we'd also face fans of the teams who voted no boycotting Fir Park as well as some of our own fans giving up season tickets and Well Society memberships.

St. Mirren statment is a bit of a damp squid..seem they have takeover talks which are more important. No official statement from Aberdeen. I know Jim Spence is a decent journo but I will wait for the official announcement before I add them to the NO camp. Funny how its the east coast clubs who are all coming out the woodwork and not a lot from the West coast clubs. Motherwell decision is unknown until the vote is declared despite the calls on here for a NO vote.

It's really odd how its panned out like that, eh?

I'd be amazed if St. Mirren don't take a similar approach to us, given the similarities in our current positions.