Well Society To Vote On Newco Rangers

OfficialMFC

I have to say I'm a little concerned with the number of "I'm voting No, now what's the question" responses on here.

As 'Well Society members, we at least owe it to our club to let them lay out the details and explain the nature of the vote before we decide. With all the discussions going on, it might not be a simple Yes/No decision.

• Like 1

I have to say I'm a little concerned with the number of "I'm voting No, now what's the question" responses on here.

As 'Well Society members, we at least owe it to our club to let them lay out the details and explain the nature of the vote before we decide. With all the discussions going on, it might not be a simple Yes/No decision.

the question to answer is simply yes/no decision, should sevco be allowed to take on the Rangers FC SPL share

and besides 'No' being the just decision?

do you honestly think there is any major piece of information missing from what's already in the public domain

I'm 99% sure I'll be voting 'no'. Not because of any 'I'm voting no, now what's the question' stance - simply because I think anyone with any interest in this issue over the past few months will already know the main financial implications either way, short of having actual figures. The club statement that cause a bit of a backlash simply brought all those implications together.

If it's a postal vote and the ballot paper comes through my door along with material to read, then of course I'll read it before voting. And if there are figures in there that scare the shit out of me or it is made clear that the very future of Motherwell is at risk without Rangers, then obviously I'll take a bit of time to reconsider my vote.

However, I'm 99% sure that any information provided by the club will just be repeat of what was in the club statement, I'm 99% sure that there will be no specific proof that no Rangers would equal no Motherwell and, therefore, I'm 99% sure that I'll be voting 'no'.

I'd like to think a lot, if not all, of those voting will be thinking along similar lines. Just because someone posts on the internet that they're definitely voting 'no', I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that they're not going to even bother with the details.

I am voting no because I don't beleive Rangers should be a special case just because they bring a bit of cash.

Name another club outwith the old firm that we would be having a vote for?

the question to answer is simply yes/no decision, should sevco be allowed to take on the Rangers FC SPL share

and besides 'No' being the just decision?

do you honestly think there is any major piece of information missing from what's already in the public domain

Aye, what we are actually voting on.

Nobody has said it's a straightforward yes/no option. If we vote No, does SPL 2 come into play? Does newco go to SFL 3? Will legal challenges screw up the SPL next season? Would that screw up Scottish entries in UEFA competitions? How many staff at Fir Park do we get rid of if our budget gets cut? Does No mean we lose our chance to change SPL voting procedures? And that's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there is plenty of horsetrading going on behind the scenes right now.

I'd also like to see the cold hard figures (or best estimate of them), because I like to make informed decisions.

If it does turn out to be a simple yes/no option, then fair enough, but I'll wait until I see what's on the table before committing. Remember, this is the future of our club and Scottish football we are influencing here - I think it's prudent to be fully informed.

I am voting no because I don't beleive Rangers should be a special case just because they bring a bit of cash.

Name another club outwith the old firm that we would be having a vote for?

I don't believe they should be a special case either, but they are the first case in the SPL to be starting a newco and seeing as the founders weren't smart enough to legislate for such an eventuality, we are in this mess.

Nobody has said it's a straightforward yes/no option. If we vote No, does SPL 2 come into play? Does newco go to SFL 3? Will legal challenges screw up the SPL next season? Would that screw up Scottish entries in UEFA competitions? How many staff at Fir Park do we get rid of if our budget gets cut? Does No mean we lose our chance to change SPL voting procedures? And that's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there is plenty of horsetrading going on behind the scenes right now.

I'd also like to see the cold hard figures (or best estimate of them), because I like to make informed decisions.

If it does turn out to be a simple yes/no option, then fair enough, but I'll wait until I see what's on the table before committing. Remember, this is the future of our club and Scottish football we are influencing here - I think it's prudent to be fully informed.

Surely the situation is that currently there are 11 football clubs in the SPL and so there is a space in the league which Sevco have applied to fill with a brand new football club? Therefore, you either accept this brand new team or you reject it... I doubt there is any grounds for a legal challenge because you applied for something and it was rejected!

The questions regarding SPL2 / where Sevco's new football club plays is an issue which may or may not arise and so cannot be considered when voting.

As I don't think there is any way of actually knowing how budgets will be affected by a no vote, I am unsure how the club can tell you how many employees we will need to cut.

Finally, the chance to change the voting structure is permanently there... all it requires is 11 clubs to agree on the change which is much more likely with one half of the OF gone.

Basically all your questions appear to be regarding negative implications for a no vote much in the same way the media has spun things. Sometimes in life you have to take a leap of faith and go with something you personally believe in rather than being swayed by biased reporting...

I don't believe they should be a special case either, but they are the first case in the SPL to be starting a newco and seeing as the founders weren't smart enough to legislate for such an eventuality, we are in this mess.

They're the first newco to try and sneak back in you mean, they aren't members of the SPL anymore cos the club is dead. There shouldn't even be a vote on this, we should be concerning ourselves with who will replace the now defunct club that used to go by the name of Rangers. It just illustrates how much money talks and that is wrong so to me I don't even want to know the finanical implications for our club, I prefr to focus on how we're going to counteract the implications and make sure we continue in the healthiest fashion possible.

If there is literature to read I would hope it also provides the projected implications of a NO in the positive sense rather than focus on the negative. Thin I know the answer there already though. I can accept we will take a hit but I want to know what we're going to do about cos to me it is inevitable and all this palaver is merely wasting time to get things in place.

• Like 1

Basically all your questions appear to be regarding negative implications for a no vote much in the same way the media has spun things. Sometimes in life you have to take a leap of faith and go with something you personally believe in rather than being swayed by biased reporting...

I'm not swayed by anything - quite the opposite. I just want to see the information presented. And, more importantly, see if we are being presented with a simple yes/no option.

This is a bit off topic but I have saw the question asked on here several times.

Just a wee note for people not receiving info from the well society on memberships.I was speaking to Ann last week and they are not legally allowed to send out membership cards untill they make the 1st payment (them not people taking out memberships) the money is held just now and first payment will be made soon she assured me. It's been a bit of a legal minefield for them as we're the 1st to down this road . Full of legalities like in the case of getting 9 months to make payments but not being allowed the year.

I think they could fling something on the offical though to at least keep people up to date.

I have been to fair park and collected the ball ,wine (very nice indeed) so if you haven't received a call to come collect you're rewards I'd give them a wee call.

they aren't members of the SPL anymore cos the club is dead. There shouldn't even be a vote on this, we should be concerning ourselves with who will replace the now defunct club that used to go by the name of Rangers.

Spot on. If this was any other team out with Celtic and Rangers there would be no vote. Dundee would have already been informed to get ready to join the big boys league.

Who's committed to anything? People are saying they'll vote no on the assumption that it's a yes/no vote but if it turns out that there's more to it I'm sure they'll cope.

The board knows full well how the fans feel and a no vote imo is a guaranteed certainty from the Motherwell society. In hind sight when we've seen so much dithering in this Raingers debacle would a no vote from the board not have been sufficient this time.

A straight no vote from the board wouldn't have given them as much positive PR with the fans as the ballot idea has. Not to mention possibly convincing more people to sign up for the Well Society off the back of it. Even if they had decided to vote no already this is a clever / more beneficial way of doing it.

A straight no vote from the board wouldn't have given them as much positive PR with the fans as the ballot idea has. Not to mention possibly convincing more people to sign up for the Well Society off the back of it. Even if they had decided to vote no already this is a clever / more beneficial way of doing it.

that's a fair point mate and I stand corrected, never thought of it that way.

Also, what's the situation with the Steelmen Online membership? Did that ever get the go ahead? If so, are we running an "official Newco vote" or just using the results of the existing one as the vote?

I think its a foregone conclusion, but knowing Andy he will probably ask the contributors to the society membership for their thoughts

Yeah like each Well Society member, Steelmen Online will be entitled to vote on the Newco issue.

When the paperwork is received from MFC - I gather there is something going out imminently - I will forward it on to each forum member who has contributed towards our membership fee and ask them for a decision, tally the responses I get and vote accordingly.

One or two have mentioned that they are particularly keen to have a say on the issue but not being shareholders or Well Society members precludes them from the vote and similarly one or two have said they would like to become Well Society members but for one reason or another aren't currently able to do so.

Don't forget we are still seeking contributions to help us meet our Well Society membership fee. This could be an avenue for someone keen to have an input, albeit I should emphasise it is only a vote to decide on how Steelmen Online will cast our single vote, without having to shell out a minimum £300, or as mentioned someone wants to get involved the in Well Society but can't do so currently. If that applies to you click this link for more info. as to how the Steelmen Online Well Society membership came about and what our targets are etc.

I actually think this vote is pointless. I doubt Rangers will be a football club by August.

How funny would that be, the NewCo in administration!!! Where is Mr Green's income stream coming from, the season ticket money is going to the oldco as he did not have his bank account set up in time, How much is it costing to keep the assets he purchased operational! The saga goes on and on.

Correct me if i'm wrong but does the hundreds of society members voting no only counts for 1 vote then they count the other members on the board so how many board members are there?

I may be picking this up wrong, but since the Society are taken John Boyle's share surely once added together all votes will take the full power in the end that Mr Boyle's share would carry within the Boardroom. All in theory - and could be completely wrong of course...