Spl,sfl.sfa Joint Statement On Reconstruction

Brazilian

Aye. This is happening, some of the financial chat about this if it didn't happen is absolutely dire for about a quarter of Scottish clubs. SFL clubs look like they're backed into a corner.

In no way does it justify it, at all, but a bit of context. Stitch up.

A cowardly manipulation of the League structures to accommodate a Club that cares not one jot about football in this country, so much so that it conned and cheated and committed tax evasion in order to secure its dominant position. Do this and Football in this country has lost its sporting integrity.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for Football in this country to rid itself of the embarrassment that is the football club old and new, (same beasty imho), housed at Ibrox Park. A once in a lifetime opportunity to bring us closer to an end to sectarianism in our stadiums and beyond. A once in a lifetime opportunity to see future generations of football fans supporting their local Clubs.

Just Say No

• Like 1

don't care what happens to them not my team, won't stop going to games, buying tops and other the other useless motherwell fc shite i have over the years

don't see why you would boycott your own team either because the league they play ins decisions it's not exactly motherwells fault so don't see why anyone would punish them for a decison outwit there control

It's up to the SFL chairmen now, but hopefully their fans will send them the same message.

Exactly. The boards of the SFL clubs (and let's face it, of most SPL clubs too) would welcome newco Rangers with open arms. It's simply down to fan pressure that enough SPL clubs have intimated that they will vote no.

What we desperately, desperately need is for the fans of SFL clubs to stand up against the incompetent buffoons who 'run' our game. For the good of the game and Scottish football in it's entirety, I hope we can all unite and support a stand against any improvisation of league structures or rules just to accommodate a club who have had absolutely zero regard for following rules or supporting the national game.

I sent the following email to info@scottishfa.co.uk enquiries@scotprem.com and info@scottishfootballleague.com

Dear Guardians of our sport. I am writing in response to the following article outlining proposed changes to the scottish game http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18625293 . First of all I woulk like to ask if this is true? I am almost 30 years old and have been following football from the age of 5 years old and I have to say I am truly disgusted at the proposals put forward. During all my years of watching football the slogan I feel our game has been synonymous with is "Fair Play". If this proposal is ratified then I ask you if that is really "Fair Play"?

Instead of having secret meetings and drawing up plans, how about you just apply the rules as they have always been? There is a space in the SPL, so either Dunfermline avoid relegation or Dundee gain promotion. Airdrie and Stranraer move up a division as play of final losers, and non-league clubs (including any newly formed clubs) have the opportunity to submit their bids to join the SFL in division 3? The sentence "Rangers are to be relegated with immediate effect......" makes no sense at all as the Newo are not a member of the SPL so how can they be relegated?

Can I also ask why a Rangers NEWCO are different from Livingston who were themselves relegated to division 3 and they didn't even lose their registration with the SFA?

I feel if this proposal becomes reality then Scottish football will suffer irreperable damage because you will be effectively rewriting the rules to accomodate a brand new company simply because it carries the name Rangers.

Can the SFA and SFL please clarify it's rules on registration and entry to the league? Do they require to have audited accounts for the last 3 years? If so how can any new Rangers have met these conditions? There is a widespread view to the fans of Scottish football, myself included that it is one rule for the Old Firm and another rule for the rest of Scottish Football.

Fans have been crying out for league reconstruction for years and it seems that this is a knee jerk stitch up because one of the biggest teams have folded. The Dumbarton pound is the same as the Rangers pound and one shouldn't be treated differently because they provided more than the other.

I urge you all to consider the views of the fans who will not stand for a game devoid of integrity and would be most thankful if you could respond to my concerns.

kind regards Michael Rooney

I was trying to say I had the following response from the sfa but it was coming up weird.

Dear Mr Rooney,

Thank you for your email. Due to the extremely high level of correspondence coming in to the Scottish FA at this time, we are not always able to send an extensive detailed response.

Please be assured that we do take time to read your correspondence. Your opinions and thoughts do matter to the Scottish FA and we take on board everything that is brought to the attention from supporters, fans and members of the public.

Thanks again for taking time and effort to contact the Scottish .

KInd Regards,

Sandra Buchanan

PA to Chief Executive of the SFA

Tel-0141 616 6004

Mob - 0771234059

That is exactly what it is.

Sent this reply

Dear Sandra, I thank you for the generic response, however I believe that fans of our game deserve better.

There is a list of questions below that remained unanswered.

The fans deserve to know what is happening in these secret meetings that is leading to a shameful stitch up in our game.

An official press release on that actual proposals would be a start instead of the current leaks to the press.

The fans are the lifeblood of this game and should be kept in the picture. Thank you once again for taking time to read this email.

kind regards Michael Rooney

PS mods sorry for flooding the boards. I just got in to a muddle trying to quote an email. It won't happen again blush.gif

From the Evening Times

Warning to SFL as fans rally against newco

By CHRIS JACK

CLUBS across the SFL were today warned to listen to furious fans or risk losing scores of supporters as the Rangers newco debate heats up.

The news that the Ibrox side could be set to parachute into the Irn-Bru First Division next season, as part of a radical plan that would overhaul Scottish football, has been met with anger by disgruntled punters, many of whom are keen to see the Gers start life in the Third Division.

SportTimes revealed on Saturday that Partick Thistle fans are considering boycotting matches at Firhill if the Jags vote to accept Rangers into our second tier.

The Greenock Morton Supporters Trust have polled SFL fans to gauge their responses to the proposals and will hold a public meeting tonight, 24 hours after Ton chief Douglas Rae revealed he will veto any plans to put Rangers in the First Division.

Trust chairman Nick Robinson said: "The feeling is clear that if Rangers want to join the SFL they have to apply to join the Third Division.

"We have been the poor relations for years and now we are being offered changes that should have been made to Scottish football years ago in exchange for letting Rangers leapfrog the system.

"I don't think there is an appetite to see Rangers go under all together but there is a very firm few that they need to start from the Third Division.

"What fans want are for Rangers to be treated the same as anyone else. There wouldn't be all of these discussions had it been Caley Thistle or Kilmarnock.

"There is a question of morality here and sporting integrity and should that be capable of being bought? The majority of SFL fans say no, it shouldn't."

All 30 SFL clubs will meet at Hampden next Tuesday to discuss the proposals that could herald the introduction of play-offs to the SPL, a new distribution model and a pyramid system.

Morton became the third First Division club, after Falkirk and Raith Rovers, to put their cards on the table yesterday morning.

Robinson added: "These were all changes recommended in the McLeish Report. When did the SPL think they were going to be implemented?

"We have been treated like the dirt on their shoes for generations and now, all of a sudden, this happens to Rangers and the SFL has to make all the accommodations.

"These are things that should be happening anyway.

"It is vitally important that SFL chairmen understand the fans' views on all of this. Yes, the SFL wants all of what is on offer but not at the price that is currently being asked."

From what I read from the BBC headline, Rangers would need to agree to pay all the 'oldco' debts for the 'newco' to be allowed into div1

Can rangers afford that!?

To me it seems more life the SFA have handed Rangers a broken olive branch.

Maybe I'm being lazy so correct me if I'm wrong.

Full document sent to SFL clubs to put Rangers into the First Division.

This is beyond ridiculous.

When it was just a case of either newco in SPL (finance over integrity) or newco in the Third Division (integrity over finance) then at least everything seemed relatively clear and above board. I would have chucked SPL football if the former scenario had come to fruition, but I would do so at least knowing those that run our game were perfectly clear about where their priorities lie.

However, this is a whole different situation IMO. This is blatant corruption, there is no other way to describe it. It's also blackmail.

Just when I'd picked up my season ticket and was finally looking forward to the next season, this all comes to the fore.

I've got to be honest, I feel far more angered by these new proposals than the original 'newco in the SPL' scenario. At least that would have been the result of a democratic vote in favour of finances. This is just beyond belief.

If this level of corruption is allowed to take place then I fear I will be done with Scottish football. Not just in terms of the SPL, but in terms of everything - both domestically and in terms of the national team.

When things reach this stage, it really just is game over. Threatening SFL clubs and staging reconstruction just to shoe-horn Rangers into the First Division is the epitome of a rigged competition. There really is no point when things hit that level - it just becomes the Scottish football version of WWE where the fan favourites are there to win staged competitions, and the rest are just there to make up the numbers.

• Like 6

I guess the Appelate tribunal will not sit again going by that document. Rangers are being handed the biggest pat on the back for Fraud and cheating I have ever known. The SPL should be disbanded immediately. I understand Motherwell precarious finances but I would rather go part time than accept this in any form. This is so corrupt it is actually embarrassing and gives Rangers fans all the material they need to throw the 'sporting integrity' right back in our faces.

you have the football authorities trying to keep the games financial side in tact and not lose one of the biggest clubs in scotland and one of the biggest supported clubs in scotland so there is still a game in scotland

then you have every other club & fan against that club because they're cheats and lets just say not very likeable

end of the day though it's all good saying sporting integrity and that but this is off field non sport related issues that's causing the big stir

it's also peoples jobs(not big paid footballers who'll get teams) but the all the staff in the background all the media, grounds people, stewards how many lose out from no rangers?

then you have the very really possibility of the whole of scottish football biting the dust, and me having no team to support no football except the shitty EPL etc

you have the football authorities trying to keep the games financial side in tact and not lose one of the biggest clubs in scotland and one of the biggest supported clubs in scotland so there is still a game in scotland

then you have every other club & fan against that club because they're cheats and lets just say not very likeable

end of the day though it's all good saying sporting integrity and that but this is off field non sport related issues that's causing the big stir

it's also peoples jobs(not big paid footballers who'll get teams) but the all the staff in the background all the media, grounds people, stewards how many lose out from no rangers?

then you have the very really possibility of the whole of scottish football biting the dust, and me having no team to support no football except the shitty EPL etc

So rules should be changed, leagues should be reconstructed, fans should be ignored, competitions should be rigged, clubs should be blackmailed and Scottish football should become a complete sham forever more, to ensure that Rangers are only out of the SPL for one reason?

People losing jobs is unfortunate, but it happens every day. It's not even close to being a relevant reason for full-scale corruption.

And your last point doesn't even merit a response. "Very real possibility". :lol: