Now That Rangers Have Been Booted To F*ck

HanoMaSano

It has to be remembered that in these tough financial times there are a lot of people who simply can't pay twenty quid for ninety minutes of SPL football every two weeks, and they certainly can't afford the price of a season ticket.

Couple that with the fact that a lot of people now work weekends as well and the truth is that we'll more than likely see a negligible rise in attendance this season, if any at all.

How much do people spend on a Friday or Saturday night down the pub getting wasted? Just give that up for one night every couple weeks and get along to the footie instead. Cairry oot after is miles cheaper than the pub anyway. Or, if yu can afford the pub AND the footy, go the Cooper bar instead of your normal local. Every little helps. Think positive instead of constant doom and gloom dressed up as 'realism'.

What about the suggestion that we try and get as many season ticket holders to pay in to the games of "Club 12" or whoever that may be. Even if we get a few hundred then it would help raise a bit of cash. I for one will leave my ticket at home and try and pay in to a few games.

Really like this suggestion, think it will be a winner for those who can afford.

I've not had a season ticket for two years now, due to work commitments, and I'm not buying one this year but I do however plan to get to as many games as I can (meaning changing shifts where I can) and also plan on buying the 3rd strip.

I think a lot of people are feeling positive about our club at present, but we're never going to please all of the people, all of the time - something that's ever present on here. I know my husband and I are going to try to get a crowd organised for going to the Everton game. I'm really hoping that these are people that will consider going to more games, putting more money in to the club wherever they can.

'Mon the 'Well.

I think the forums of SPL clubs next season might turn out to be like a never ending Children in Need special! Lines are open....donate here....throw rotten tomatoes at Hugh Keevins.....:P

But I would also endorse the view that it if you are in a position to do something in addition to what you might normally that will help the club, then the next couple of seasons is the time to do it. There is always the danger when football clubs look for financial support that the hat gets passed among the same people so hopefully the club will be able to come up some innovate ways that a wide section of the support can get involved if they so wish. I think it was Brazilian who was chinning Andrew Wilson on Twitter about what supporters might be able to do and I got the impression from his reply that the club were already considering ways and means that fans might be able to assist.

My own suggestion would be to add increased tiers to the player sponsorship model once the bulk of normal sponsors are taken up. For example you could have shirt at £250, boots £150 shorts £100 , socks £25 and laces £10 or something along those lines. That for me would be one simple way of opening up an existing revenue stream to the bulk of punters.

I do think there are some balancing acts and posers to be faced though in chasing down the deficit in the months ahead by all clubs well apart from Celtic obviously.....

There has been much talk about unity amongst the 10 clubs fans and doing the best for all but I wonder how long that unity might last when the need for funds become more desperate. I'm sure that even if they might not say so publicly some clubs would much rather you passed on away days if it meant you were putting some extra coinage in your own club.

And what about trying to win over some of the 50,000 football fans with no team to support next season when Spartans get voted into Division Three.......:ph34r:

And what about trying to win over some of the 50,000 football fans with no team to support next season when Spartans get voted into Division Three.......:ph34r:

Yaay I'd vote for that :thumbup:

First thing to do is call time on the unfair TV deal, get our fair share of that and it'll kick things off.

Ive already had one ex Rangers fan mate say he will come along to Fir Park if there is no New Rangers next season

Decent guy who is ashamed of the way his club have behaved and was more than happy for them to be punished and start at the bottom and not just to see how we all got on without a tv deal.

There are a lot of these guys around.

I think it's beginning to seriously dawn on the fans of the now defunct Rangers that they might not have ANY team for next season. If they are genuine football fans, they will go to watch other teams - and that's a great opportunity for the likes of us to attract new supporters given the amounts who leave this area to go in there.

Exactly. 50,000 people aren't all going to suddenly give up on football all together. Rather than having a go at Motherwell fans who genuinely can't afford to be regulars at Fir Park (see earlier post), how about attracting the people who climb aboard buses out of Motherwell to Govan instead?

Exactly. 50,000 people aren't all going to suddenly give up on football all together. Rather than having a go at Motherwell fans who genuinely can't afford to be regulars at Fir Park (see earlier post), how about attracting the people who climb aboard buses out of Motherwell to Govan instead?

I think that is the key for every club in the league. Most towns and cities lose more punters to both sides of the filth than they got going to see their 'local' team.

This should be a chance to grab some of them back to watching fitba' rather than their gloryhunting hunnery.

1340744481[/url]' post='347192']

Nobody was having a go at anybody. Just saying that we need to do all we can to try to ensure that the club doesn't suffer too much from doing the right thing.

Getting extra people along to the games if possible was one of the main things mentioned. To be fair I totally hadn't thought about specifically targeting disillusioned currant buns, but there must be a fair few of them kicking about that could be persuaded by dosser pals to come along to Fir Park on a Saturday rather than finding themselves at a loss (or shopping with the wife!!!)

Just make sure than bitter bigots need not apply :)

Nobody was having a go at anybody. Just saying that we need to do all we can to try to ensure that the club doesn't suffer too much from doing the right thing.

Getting extra people along to the games if possible was one of the main things mentioned. To be fair I totally hadn't thought about specifically targeting disillusioned currant buns, but there must be a fair few of them kicking about that could be persuaded by dosser pals to come along to Fir Park on a Saturday rather than finding themselves at a loss (or shopping with the wife!!!)

We've been making inroads into the Bigot support already, time to mount a campaign I'd say. Plenty guys I know have been spotted bringing their kids to our games cos they don't want them involved in the bigotry. Now there's another reason, they don't want them lost to the game, where else they gonnae go?

Already a natural filter system in place.......US!

I feel so positive about this its untrue!

I really feel invigorated at the thought of the new season and what could be a brave new dawn for Scottish Football.

Every single one of us owes it to ourselves and our club to make this work.

Lets not let the Disciples of Doom have the last laugh.

I gave up my season ticket last season as I was going to be missing a fair few games at the start of the season through work, so it just wasn't worth it. With timings of a few other things I've got going on just now I can't get a season ticket this year either, but any game I can't make I'll make sure I'm up at Fir Park through the week to purchase a ticket, which will go unused, but at least i've paid in.

I'll be making a concerted effort, along with my brother, to get my Dad back to the games who hasn't been a regular since Davies was in charge, and like a few mentioned hitting the Cooper for a few before/after rather than JD's will make a difference too, that's if we can get in.

Indeed. I'll be honest if it was me and Motherwell went belly up in a similar and very dodgy fashion, I'd be scunnered and totally finished with going to the fitba week in, week out. I'd attend the odd 'big' fixture that I could get tickets to/interested me but the last thing I could see myself doing is turning up at New Douglas Park and support a Club that, whilst would have accepted my team back in the SPL, its fans were nearly 100% adamant that they wanted to see it die.

Bitter, scunnered, fed up, disgusted - check.

New all consuming hobby - check :laugh:

Indeed. I'll be honest if it was me and Motherwell went belly up in a similar and very dodgy fashion, I'd be scunnered and totally finished with going to the fitba week in, week out. I'd attend the odd 'big' fixture that I could get tickets to/interested me but the last thing I could see myself doing is turning up at New Douglas Park and support a Club that, whilst would have accepted my team back in the SPL, its fans were nearly 100% adamant that they wanted to see it die.

Bitter, scunnered, fed up, disgusted - check.

New all consuming hobby - check :laugh:

I think there'd be a fairly broad split if any club was to go to the wall. Some would miss their football fix and find it elsewhere, others would be lost to the game.

There are a number of Rangers fans I know who are genuine football fans and I could imagine the possibility of them going to see another club. There are a huge percentage of them though that don't give a fvck about the actual football and only use it as an excuse to gather and sing their filth and bile.

If Motherwell were to vanish off the face of the earth I'd be devastated, but it wouldn't be long before I was looking for football to watch of a Saturday afternoon. One of the local Junior teams might be getting a couple of extra fans (Shotts Bon Accord or Thorniewood United maybe?) or possibly Clydebank (I spend most of my time through there and they hate Airdrie too!)

The worrying aspect of attracting 'new fans' is that we may well find larger home crowds when we're playing Celtic. The hordes of bigots won't just disappear and will still be looking for any opportunity to get it right up their traditional rivals. Clubs like ours could well end up with hordes of these c*nts singing their lovely songs with impunity as it's not their club who will get punished for it.

I think the forums of SPL clubs next season might turn out to be like a never ending Children in Need special! Lines are open....donate here....throw rotten tomatoes at Hugh Keevins.....:P

But I would also endorse the view that it if you are in a position to do something in addition to what you might normally that will help the club, then the next couple of seasons is the time to do it. There is always the danger when football clubs look for financial support that the hat gets passed among the same people so hopefully the club will be able to come up some innovate ways that a wide section of the support can get involved if they so wish. I think it was Brazilian who was chinning Andrew Wilson on Twitter about what supporters might be able to do and I got the impression from his reply that the club were already considering ways and means that fans might be able to assist.

My own suggestion would be to add increased tiers to the player sponsorship model once the bulk of normal sponsors are taken up. For example you could have shirt at £250, boots £150 shorts £100 , socks £25 and laces £10 or something along those lines. That for me would be one simple way of opening up an existing revenue stream to the bulk of punters.

I do think there are some balancing acts and posers to be faced though in chasing down the deficit in the months ahead by all clubs well apart from Celtic obviously.....

There has been much talk about unity amongst the 10 clubs fans and doing the best for all but I wonder how long that unity might last when the need for funds become more desperate. I'm sure that even if they might not say so publicly some clubs would much rather you passed on away days if it meant you were putting some extra coinage in your own club.

Good call, we can also have Sportsman's dinners to raise funds where there is the trasitional £5 raffle, auctions etc and a nice wee premium on the ticket. Granted it won't make a million quid but I go to an amateur team's dinner in Maryhill every year and they raise a few thousand quid, so If they can raise a few thousand then Motherwell could surely raise a tidy some.

I was kind of part serious-part jesting when I made the point about "chasing" Rangers fans for want of a better word but its been interesting to see the response.

I don't for a minute think there will be suddenly tens of thousands of Rangers fans suddenly looking to watch other teams but there will be some and it begs the question should we seek to convert them and if so how?

As Finlay says there will be some who will think it absolutely abhorrent to even consider going to see one of the teams who have confirmed their fate (and I know they've done that all themselves but we how most of them view it) so we have to be creative.

I don't imagine there may be a big uptake but here's one idea. How about a small discount for someone doing a like-for-like purchase in the Well Shop. Trade in a scarf of another Scottish side (note no team names should be specifically mentioned) and you get your discount on your newly purchased 'Well scarf. Chuck in a strip from.... say a recently liquidated side and you get a discount when purchasing a shiny new 'Well top etc. Keep 'Well fans involved by offerring the same deal only with old Motherwell scarves and strips instead.

I imagine this might generate more publicity than actual sales but if there are those who may do it I'd suspect it may be more likely to be younger fans - those of an age at school who may change allegiances through peer pressure or through success etc. but who also may be the ones that will drag their Da's, Uncles and Grampa's along with them.

Pretty fanciful I know but it would be a pretty powerful image of a bin in the 'Well shop overflowing with discarded Rangers tops and scarves* as their owners leave having chosen to trod a different path.

*Ceremonial burning of bin of said Rangers tops and scarves is entirely optional :P

• Like 1