Commercial Partners Threat To Scottish Football

Brazilian

so its now being publicly claimed that the main threat to Scottish football is

Sky, Espn and sport 5 deals at threat as contracts require RFC in spl in 2013/14 value 17.35 mill

this is also on the back of our own management, stating that the main threat is the loss of TV revenue which is not being guaranteed by the commercial partners

not much we can do apart from make sure they know that pulling out or threatening Scottish football to the tune of £17million is unacceptable

anyone think fan/customer power can get the message across, or would it harm prospects of retaining sponsorship deals?

I've made my choice and just phoned up SKY and cancelled my full subscription,

stated my reason for leaving as "SKYs threat to pull out of Scottish football"

was told "but thats just speculation, at the moment"

responded that they "have my one months notice to issue support for Scottish football to change my mind, but go ahead and cancel for now"

pretty sure one dafty, cancelling for that reason will have no effect, but hey to be honest, I'll not stand by and watch MFC go under with no action,as they are taking the fair and honest decision and going with the choice of the fans

it might be a pipe dream but if a significant number gave notice of cancellation from all the Scottish clubs then it may have the required outcome

EDIT to cancel SKY 08442 410 266 option 3 then option 5, bastards even charge for the call to customer services if your not on sky phone <_>

• Like 5

I agree with the sentiment, but what should have happened weeks ago was a concerted effort by the media, or at least those sympathetic in the media and SPL member clubs to raise the profile of this and in particular show that sky removing the money is essentially them being complicit in a corrupt regime.

Murdochs stock is at an all time low, the last thing he needs is a proper national smear campaign questioning his companies morals!

This would only be a goer however if there was real emphasis in the media, backed by fans petitions etc.

But this is all built on Doncaster and the Scottish Media's propoganda that there will be NO DEAL WHATSOEVER with SKY, ESPN and Sport 5. But rumours coming from all 3 say there will be, but maybe at reduced terms!

So I'm sorry, I'm not buying that £17m figure. Aye it might drop to £10-12m without "The People" but with that figure split better, rather than half to the Old Firm and half to the rest (know thats not right figures, poetic license) then it would be a significant less hit to all SPL clubs apart from Celtic.

It's grade A scaremongering from our supposed independent governing bodies!! Always emphasising and exageratting the negativies and ignoring the many more positivies!!

More corrupt than Serie A!!!

Anything other than Rangers Newco to Div.3 is a failure of justice, sporting integrity, decency and the game is over!

A threat to cancel SKY will have no impact at all for me, but I do admire the ambition. Doesn't apply to me as I'd never give the fuckers my money in the first place!

Aye it is. In Serie A, it is the clubs - here it is the League and those that run it.

Would I not also be right in saying that in Serie A it's all more along the lines of dodgy dealings and match fixing in the shadows?

This is corruption and a rigged league being set up in public view by those who run the game.

Give me a few clubs paying off referees any day.

Would I not also be right in saying that in Serie A it's all more along the lines of dodgy dealings and match fixing in the shadows?

This is corruption and a rigged league being set up in public view by those who run the game.

Give me a few clubs paying off referees any day.

You would be correct.

And again I agree with you. What we are seeing here is attempted match fixing, league placement rigg so 12 clubs can keep on pretending that what they have done for our sport is a success

You would be correct.

And again I agree with you. What we are seeing here is attempted match fixing, league placement rigg so 12 clubs can keep on pretending that what they have done for our sport is a success

No. there is no match fixing, bribing of referees, mafia betting scams etc. As bad as this situation is, the one thing we can rely on is that a match result is genuine (which is quite an important detail).

No. there is no match fixing, bribing of referees, mafia betting scams etc. As bad as this situation is, the one thing we can rely on is that a match result is genuine (which is quite an important detail).

Erm... can we? :blink:

If Scottish football as we know it is destined for oblivion if Rangers aren't in the SPL in the 2013/14 season, then how can we possibly rely on match results being genuine?

• Like 1

League placement rigging is just as bad. But instead of a couple of people behind the scenes doing some dodgy dealing - and facing criminal charges for it. The SPL/SFA/SFL (delete or add as appropriate) are doing it in full view of everyone.

Despite what they are doing and the reasons for it being against UEFA!

Erm... can we? :blink:

If Scottish football as we know it is destined for oblivion if Rangers aren't in the SPL in the 2013/14 season, then how can we possibly rely on match results being genuine?

I don't believe you believe SPL results are fixed, so it's a pointless question.

Knowing Rangers have had cash problems for the last number of years, why in the hell did the SPL get a tv deal that required them to be in the league. Surely they would get the same amount of money minus the 4 old firm game clause.

In some way, shape or form there will be a tv deal next season. Scaremongering tactics from Doncaster and co.

Not sure what's all really going on over there but if Sky do have a contract that is now being broken then they have every right to pull out. If The powers that be were stupid enough to make a deal which guranteed rangers being in the SPL then it's their fault............or the leagues fault, basically who all agreed to that.

Sky are in business to make money and if they want to pull out now that rangers will be gone then I can't say much against them. They have no obligation to save Scottish football. They are playing by the rules which is all we are asking that Rangers get treated by the rules.

Unfortunately this means dealing with the consequences. but instead of spending months trying to bend the rules or blatantly just ignore them the governign bodies could have been doing some negotiating and preparing for life with rangers in DIV 3 not waiting till the 11th hour then telling everyone that we stand to loose money from commercial deals because they F**ked up by assuming that Rangers would always be in the permier league. How they could have made any commitments that a team will always be in a competitive league with relegation is beyond me.

Now they hav been caught out!! Next they should be thrown out !!

I think it was a reasonable assumption to make that celtic/rangers would be in the SPL and to maximise the deal we got from sky accordingly. Its a bit of a nothing arguement to say we shouldnt have negotiated a deal which ensured the spl got maximum revenues in return for a certainty.

Things have obviously happened which nobody could have predicted, cant really blame Neil Doncaster and co for that.

Whatever happens there will be a massive fallout. We may as well come out of it with some credability for Scottish football than to chase the pot of cash.

using the same logic JBA they could hav ehtn epushed back on SKY by telling them that it was never goin to happen so why put it in the contract??

They hav emade noises over the years of going to England or transatlantic thingy? so there was never 100% gurantee that they would be here. Not just relegation that had to be condidered.