Results Of ‘Well Society Ballot

OfficialMFC

The Board of Motherwell FC asked members of the ‘Well Society and shareholders to vote on the question of whether Motherwell should vote to allow a ‘Newco Rangers’ to remain in the SPL in 2012/13 season.

The results of the ballots returned were are as follows:

Yes: 119 (18%)

No: 542 (82%)

Votes not returned: 247

Dempster & co in the huff?

It would be kinda surprising if they hadn't grasped how the vast majority of fans were feeling/going to vote. The one thing that does surprise me though is that nearly 25% of members' votes weren't returned... Just don't get that one at all considering everything that's been happening!

Still, now they know how we feel and will vote accordingly...

It would be kinda surprising if they hadn't grasped how the vast majority of fans were feeling/going to vote. The one thing that does surprise me though is that nearly 25% of members' votes weren't returned... Just don't get that one at all considering everything that's been happening!

Still, now they know how we feel and will vote accordingly...

Find that strange also.

Why? I'd wager there's quite a few people that were at the stage of not caring well before the voting ballots came out.

In that case why are they members of the society? Surely one of the founding principles was to take the club forward in a democratic fashion. Yes to abstain is your right, but surely a wrong un given the circumstances....

I think included amongst those invited to vote were shareholders - or rather minority shareholders who weren't Well Society members. I seem to remember it being said in the past that the club don't always get details of changes of address or shares get transferred on in the event of death etc. so there will possibly be an element of that in the "non-voting" contingent.

Id imagine if it means that folk will lose their jobs the club wont be holding a street party

I never returned my ballot paper , they should start in SFL3 but id rather have them in the SPL than see anyone at Fir Park out of work because of it. Couldnt bring myself to vote either way .

The mind boggles that theres threads on here debating whether or not we will push the boat out to sign McFadden or gamble on a couple of players to get us through in Europe.

• Like 1

The one thing that does surprise me though is that nearly 25% of members' votes weren't returned... Just don't get that one at all considering everything that's been happening!

I'm one of the ones that didn't vote. Still waiting on my ballot information. Received nothing via email or regular post.

I'll bet I'm not the only one that was overlooked.

I'm one of the ones that didn't vote. Still waiting on my ballot information. Received nothing via email or regular post.

Nope, you're right weeyin just found the numbers very high...

Good to see the result. Not reading too much into the lack of commentary. With late breaking news with regards to Champions League tickets today I'd put it down to juggling many tasks and limited hands/time rather than something sinister.

Id imagine if it means that folk will lose their jobs the club wont be holding a street party

I never returned my ballot paper , they should start in SFL3 but id rather have them in the SPL than see anyone at Fir Park out of work because of it. Couldnt bring myself to vote either way .

The mind boggles that theres threads on here debating whether or not we will push the boat out to sign McFadden or gamble on a couple of players to get us through in Europe.

I read with astonishment the sentence "Couldn't bring myself to vote either way".

Why couldn't you make a decision?

Could someone explain to me what serious circumstances would have to occur before an individual would vote. Your club have asked for your opinion and you appear not to have one, incredible. Rangers have 'cheated' every team they have played whilst under the charge of David Murray and others and when asked you can't decide on whether the new Rangers be allowed to join the SPL or not.

And before anyone says it, I know you have to respect another persons decision but I truly am at a loss as to why you wouldn't vote. How many times in life will an ordinary football fan be given the chance to make a difference to their sport?

This is not about money or people losing jobs it is about standing up, saying enough is enough and that the ordinary football fan is having a say on how the guilty should be dealt with.

When the club said that we would have a vote I was never more proud to be a Motherwell fan as I was on hearing that news and being given the opportunity to make a stand.

I also cannot agree with your comment that you would rather have them in the SPL than see anyone at Fir Park out of work. As hard as it may sound these matters and how they are dealt with are way more important than a few people losing the jobs. Think what you are saying, you would rather have them back in the SPL, I simply cannot understand that reasoning.

I have sympathy for anyone who is made redundant but hard decisions have to be made and allowing the new Rangers into the SPL, in my opinion, is totally wrong.

• Like 1

The lowish turnout could also be because six clubs had said no by the time the paper arrived meaning that, at that time, the ballot was rendered meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Given that, I'm surprised it was that high.

Did you contact the Club with regards to this oversight? Any response?

Did you contact the Club with regards to this oversight? Any response?

Had a crazy 80hr work week last week, and didn't pick up on the fact that the closing date for the ballot was Fri. So I take some responsibility for not contacting the Society in time, but a poor show that I never heard from them.

Now things at work are less crazy I shot them an email today, but haven't heard back yet.

They didn't send me my MFC TV code without prompting from me, so for some reason I seem to have slipped off their radar. Hopefully they will sort it out this time.

I am surprised about the lack of trust in our own club at this time.

I suspect that the picture could be fairly bleak for our club should the vote be no tomorrow. Nobody on the Motherwell Board would want to vote yes because of the love of all things RFC and nobody on the board would want to vote yes because they believe that Rangers deserve to be let of the hook, so the only conclusion I can come to is that effect of a no vote on Motherwell is the equivalent of turkeys voting for christmas.

If Motherwell vote no tomorrow and go into Administration the following day/ week/ month how many on here will suddenly begin to question the no vote?

I have heard some say that any club that goes into Administration deserves to. MFC have worked tirelessly to run a tight ship since the bad old days of administration and have been making major strides into developing a club to be proud of both on and off the park.

Motherwell may have a very health three year outlook but if cashflow is a problem this month and players cannot be paid then it does not matter how positive the long term outlook is, administration becomes a real possibility. Nobody could have predicted the way in which the 2011/12 season was going to turn out so Motherwell cannot possibly be held account by their fan's for a set of circumstances that is quite extraordinary.

So let's not talk about petted lips and sinister motives from the board of our club. The motive will be the survival of MFC, of that I have no doubt so let's give them a break as this is a problem not of their doing.

have you not been reading these threads? the majority on here - and in the society - don't care about a jot about the future of our club. sporting integrity is their priority.

at least if we go into administration we'll know exactly who is to blame.

We care about the future of our club as a respectable sporting entity. You on the other hand wish to have a club which is simply a prop in the old firm pantomime, merely existing to serve two teams which will never be allowed to fail.

We care about the future of our club as a respectable sporting entity. You on the other hand wish to have a club which is simply a prop in the old firm pantomime, merely existing to serve two teams which will never be allowed to fail.

all i want is a club to support.

a half million hole in our budget this season is putting that at risk. we are supposed to be taking responsibilty for the club through the society yet the first thing the society does could put us into administration or liquidation. no wonder derek weir quit.

all i want is a club to support.

a half million hole in our budget this season is putting that at risk. we are supposed to be taking responsibilty for the club through the society yet the first thing the society does could put us into administration or liquidation. no wonder derek weir quit.

To be fair, there seems to be enough clubs voting 'no' that it won't matter how we vote.

In light of that, a 'yes' vote from The Well Society could have been more damaging to the club as it may have provoked boycotts from other supports, mainly deluded Celtic fans that think their club wants Rangers out.

It's a no win situation in some ways.