Results Of ‘Well Society Ballot

OfficialMFC

all i want is a club to support.

a half million hole in our budget this season is putting that at risk. we are supposed to be taking responsibilty for the club through the society yet the first thing the society does could put us into administration or liquidation. no wonder derek weir quit.

You want to talk about financial responsibility? For decades we have built our top league around a business model where most of our revenue stems from two clubs, who in turn are rewarded handsomely and get to dictate terms as they see fit. Now, for the first time, our fans have a chance to vote for change, and help to establish a league that is both fair and finacially self-sufficient. In the long term, that's far more 'responsible' than a panic 'yes to newco' vote would ever be, even if that means sacrifices will need to be made in the short term.

• Like 1

I read with astonishment the sentence "Couldn't bring myself to vote either way".

Why couldn't you make a decision?

Could someone explain to me what serious circumstances would have to occur before an individual would vote. Your club have asked for your opinion and you appear not to have one, incredible. Rangers have 'cheated' every team they have played whilst under the charge of David Murray and others and when asked you can't decide on whether the new Rangers be allowed to join the SPL or not.

And before anyone says it, I know you have to respect another persons decision but I truly am at a loss as to why you wouldn't vote. How many times in life will an ordinary football fan be given the chance to make a difference to their sport?

This is not about money or people losing jobs it is about standing up, saying enough is enough and that the ordinary football fan is having a say on how the guilty should be dealt with.

When the club said that we would have a vote I was never more proud to be a Motherwell fan as I was on hearing that news and being given the opportunity to make a stand.

I also cannot agree with your comment that you would rather have them in the SPL than see anyone at Fir Park out of work. As hard as it may sound these matters and how they are dealt with are way more important than a few people losing the jobs. Think what you are saying, you would rather have them back in the SPL, I simply cannot understand that reasoning.

I have sympathy for anyone who is made redundant but hard decisions have to be made and allowing the new Rangers into the SPL, in my opinion, is totally wrong.

Ok So what you ar saying is that you will give up your job to anyone who loses their job at Motherwell FC???

I read with astonishment the sentence "Couldn't bring myself to vote either way".

Why couldn't you make a decision?

Could someone explain to me what serious circumstances would have to occur before an individual would vote. Your club have asked for your opinion and you appear not to have one, incredible. Rangers have 'cheated' every team they have played whilst under the charge of David Murray and others and when asked you can't decide on whether the new Rangers be allowed to join the SPL or not.

And before anyone says it, I know you have to respect another persons decision but I truly am at a loss as to why you wouldn't vote. How many times in life will an ordinary football fan be given the chance to make a difference to their sport?

This is not about money or people losing jobs it is about standing up, saying enough is enough and that the ordinary football fan is having a say on how the guilty should be dealt with.

When the club said that we would have a vote I was never more proud to be a Motherwell fan as I was on hearing that news and being given the opportunity to make a stand.

I also cannot agree with your comment that you would rather have them in the SPL than see anyone at Fir Park out of work. As hard as it may sound these matters and how they are dealt with are way more important than a few people losing the jobs. Think what you are saying, you would rather have them back in the SPL, I simply cannot understand that reasoning.

I have sympathy for anyone who is made redundant but hard decisions have to be made and allowing the new Rangers into the SPL, in my opinion, is totally wrong.

Im of the belief that Scottish football is and always has been bent , i read daily with astonishment that folk are saying that the Sevco situation has opened their eyes to it and its now proof.

I can only assume that youve never been paid off or found yourself out of work juggling responsibilities

Sevco in the SPL would be morally bankrupt , us dodging punishment and relegation during administration was morally bankrupt , ive no problem with my hypocrisy in football , like corruption its always been in the game. Id have Sevco in the SPL if it prevented armageddon for Motherwell.

Im under no illusions that my £300 makes me John Boyle , it was an extra few quid to help the club out in their time of need and that was before this financial shit storm kicked off. I didnt put myself up to be the decision maker over this mess , i dont know enough about the figures involved , nowhere did the club claim that if 700 of us joined up we would get to make all board decisions either. That added to the fact that after so many other clubs had already went public with their "no" votes it wouldve been financial suicide to go against the tide meant to me that on this occassion my vote wasnt essential in getting any strong view i had either way across. I put up so im entitled to shut up as far as im concerned.

all i want is a club to support.

a half million hole in our budget this season is putting that at risk. we are supposed to be taking responsibilty for the club through the society yet the first thing the society does could put us into administration or liquidation. no wonder derek weir quit.

So let me get this right, you are quite happy to let Rangers and Celtic cheat there way through football and however serious they are safe in the knowledge that they are untouchable because we need their money. I am sorry but that is no way to run sport never mind a business.

have you not been reading these threads? the majority on here - and in the society - don't care about a jot about the future of our club. sporting integrity is their priority.

What gives you the right to say people don't care about the future of Motherwell FC?

at least if we go into administration we'll know exactly who is to blame.

It won't be the fans anyway.

• Like 2

Maybe steelboy can explain why we'll suddenly go into admin without Rangers. Surely any impact won't be felt until we'd be due to play Club 12 (and that can be offset by the fans sticking by the club and spending a bit more throughout the season) and then next season for the TV deal.

My understanding is that the TV deal is safe regardless for the upcoming season, perhaps I'm mistaken though.

My understanding is that the TV deal is safe regardless for the upcoming season, perhaps I'm mistaken though.

From what I read yesterday the next payment from the TV deal is approx £600k and is due on 6th August. This looks to be at risk and if we do not receive we simply may not have enough cash flow to pay bills, wages, etc. In this scenario no matter how good the club business plan is and how healthy it looks over next season and beyond administration would happen.

It won't be the fans that designed our business plan around the income derived from the TV deal, but if we go into administration on the back of voting no, the fans can't say the club didnt warn us!

every football club in europe designs their business model around the tv deal.

only one country in europe has fans stupid enough to force their clubs in financial penury.

every football club in europe designs their business model around the tv deal.

only one country in europe has fans stupid enough to force their clubs in financial penury.

Any proof of that or is that just your opinion stated as fact?

Are you Jim Traynor?

Any proof of that or is that just your opinion stated as fact?

Are you Jim Traynor?

show me another country in europe where fans on mass are threatening to abandon their clubs if their demands aren't met or where fans want clubs to invalidate the tv contracts they rely on?

Are you happy for Rangers and Celtic to cheat scottish football forever?

rangers got a ten point penalty, have a punishment coming from the sfa and could have been given newco entry conditional on other sanctions. they are hardly getting off scot free.

in what way are celtic cheating?

the old firm clubs have far more people who support them and always will have therefore they will always dominate scottish football. that's just a fact of life in the same way stockport are never going to be better than man united or grenada better than real madrid.

I have to admit to being very concerned about the financial future of our club no matter what way any voting goes. First and foremost, I am a Motherwell supporter and am more concerned about having a club to watch and support than what happens to Rangers. It's now got to the point that we are going to lose a great deal of money with any of the possible scenarios.

Rangers are not going to be accepted into the SPL and I agree with that but if the consequences of them entering the third division, which is generally accepted as the fairest decision, mean my club goes into administration or worse then I could live with them entering the first division as long as they are given a whole list of punishments. I know it's bending the rules but my priority is the future of Motherwell including its financial stability.

Many have commented on the futility of the club relying on income from the Old Firm and the TV deal but their business plan has to include income which has been a constant for years and we are contracted to receive unless a very unexpected event happens.

No matter what way it goes, we as fans are going to have to step up to the plate to back up our actions with the No vote and I have been concerned with the level of criticism of the pricing of the CL qualifier when we are regularly asked to pay £20-25 for bog standard SPL away games. I'll do what I can and I just hope sufficient others will too, no matter what their views on where Rangers should be playing or where that ends up.

• Like 2

rangers got a ten point penalty, have a punishment coming from the sfa and could have been given newco entry conditional on other sanctions. they are hardly getting off scot free.

in what way are celtic cheating?

the old firm clubs have far more people who support them and always will have therefore they will always dominate scottish football. that's just a fact of life in the same way stockport are never going to be better than man united or grenada better than real madrid.

No but they are getting less of a punishment than others would get. See if this goes through then we would be admitting that Rangers and Celtic can do what they like becasue we have admitted that we need there money. I put Celtic in there because if we need Rangers then it's obvious we need Celtic and the same conditions apply but you knew that and are just being a tit.

Rangers and Celtic can match fix, bribe refs and refuse to pay fines etc and we are admitting that we need them so they will never be held fully accountable for their actions. That is what you refuse to admit to.

I think that Edwyn Collins should get involved in the SPL, SFA, SFL debate;

'Rip it up and start again'.

With regards to Motherwell FC, they have been as good as their word to let the fans decide by offering them the opportunity to vote. The non-returns are slightly high, you would maybe expect 10-15% non-return, however they are not bad in comparison to no-votes for elections!

Motherwell FC are moving in the right direction - towards being self-sufficient with minimal reliance on TV income.

I fear for the state of Scottish football at this moment in time, there is a real lack of direction and leadership from the SFA, SPL and SFL. There should be one body.