Results Of ‘Well Society Ballot

OfficialMFC

what would you like me to respond to?

we have one guy who thinks that clubs shouldn't use tv income as part of their budget. i could name 50 clubs in europe who do, can anyone name one club who don't?

Who said clubs shouldn't use TV income as part of their budget? Of course they should use it but I doubt every team in Europe builds their budget round it like you claimed (Man City for one certainly don't).

Still waiting for proof of this as I think you just made it up.

Who said clubs shouldn't use TV income as part of their budget? Of course they should use it but I doubt every team in Europe builds their budget round it like you claimed (Man City for one certainly don't).

Still waiting for proof of this as I think you just made it up.

if it's in the budget then surely the budget is built around it?

man city budget for using every last penny of their tv cash.

if it's in the budget then surely the budget is built around it?

No. For example, I'm eating a bag of salt and vinegar crisps right now that were in my budget. However, I did not build my weekly, monthly or annual budget around it.

No. For example, I'm eating a bag of salt and vinegar crisps right now that were in my budget. However, I did not build my weekly, monthly or annual budget around it.

great analogy.

multi million pound tv deals and salt and vinegar crisps. you usually need to go onto p&b for that kind of wisdom.

great analogy.

multi million pound tv deals and salt and vinegar crisps. you usually need to go onto p&b for that kind of wisdom.

I was pointing out that 'building a budget *around* something' is not the same thing as *accounting* for something in a budget.

You either knew that, or you really are as clueless about business as your other financial related posts suggest.

I remember you trying to claim that Pat Nevin's role at Motherwell was equivalent to Fred Goodwin's role at RBS, so my (budgeted) money is on the latter.

i was specifically talking about football clubs and television income worth millions of pounds, not every item of income and expenditure in general.

are you aware of any football teams that treat their tv income differently to other sources of income?

We should have a forum ballot if steelboy should be temp banned until the actual footy starts so we don't have to read his non-stop guff every ten minutes

NO TO STEELBOY

For having an opinion that differs from the party line on here and being willing to debate it with anyone who wants to ?

You should be shot at dawn for calling it "footy"

i was specifically talking about football clubs and television income worth millions of pounds, not every item of income and expenditure in general.

You are now, but only after the basic flaw in your argument was exposed with nothing more than a bag of salt and vinegar crisps.

are you aware of any football teams that treat their tv income differently to other sources of income?

I am aware of football teams who do not 'build their budget *around*' TV income, which is the point you raised.

Treating it differently is a new argument you have introduced to try and cover the fallacy of your initial point.

I think I need another bag of crisps.