Rallying Call

nethertonwellfan

At the same time I'm pretty sure we can rationally discuss the merit of these ideas, how they can be improved, any holes that the person coming up with the idea might not have seen and so on. From that discussion better ideas will be formed.

Oh aye I do agree but more of "I don't think that will work because....." and less of "you're talking pish man, that'll never work." rolleyes.gif

Have to echo the sentiments here. Motherwell have done everything right, found out via ballot exactly what the fans wanted them to do and did just that.

We were thankfully NOT involved on Doncaster's blackmail document (I have to apologise for losing the faith for a bit there) and did the right thing.

It's up the the SFL now to do the right thing as well but Motherwell FC have done as much as they can and we really need to make sure that our club doesn't suffer for acting in the manner that the vast majority of us have been advocating.

Straight away I'll be getting a few tickets for the CL game and buying the new top (obviously some of this cash will go to PSL but I've been holding back on getting it until today's outcome)

I'm seriously thinking of buying an extra season ticket for bringing along friends whenever I can, and upping the Well Society contribution to Claret. This will obviously take a good bit of regigging of finances so might not be straight away.

All ears to hear what other ways people think of to raise money that I can get on board with.

Just as I'm typing this, the wife says "bring back the wristbands!"

As much as folk need to start turning up, getting behind the club now, everyone also needs a slight change of view regarding the team. We're no longer in the position to fight off L1 or L2 players, the squad will suffer, but so will every club in the SPL.

i.e. No moaning at the BSP players we sign.

If as many season ticket holders as possible committed to additionally paying in to 1 game in the 2012 half of the season and 1 game in the 2013 half (the club could even nominate the games for publicity purposes), it could raise a pretty significant amount of money....

Might sound a bit strange but while im in the mood......how about a million dollar homepage style thing on the official site? Fans, local businesses, sponsors, players, general stakeholders etc could pay a small fee per month for a brick which links to a website, facebook page, twitter, charity page or whatever they want really...

• Like 1

The best thing about additional season ticket sales is that it could also have an impact on programmes sold, the 50/50 lottery, pre and post match drinks in the Cooper Suite, food and drink whilst in the stadium and so on :thumbup:

Hospitality is also an option as gifts around about Xmas time.

Andy's Well Society membership subscription also needs additional contributions in order to reach the £1,000 total.

All areas which wouldn't hurt with a wee boost.

What about a 5s footy tournament everyone can enter a team and pay a fee and all the money goes towards running the club. Prob not an original idea but works on the idea as renting the astroturf pitch beside Dr Pepper mentioned.

Could have it with the half time draws sometimes the prize is a place in an 11 a side game at the 'ark at the end of the season. Might boost sales might be a flop.

Might have been done before but the school teams in the local area could be entered in a tournament at the stadium. This could boost our influence in the local community get parents and kids to experience Fir Park and possibly allow the scouts to identify potential stars at the same time.

1341430901[/url]' post='348776']

If as many season ticket holders as possible committed to additionally paying in to 1 game in the 2012 half of the season and 1 game in the 2013 half (the club could even nominate the games for publicity purposes), it could raise a pretty significant amount of money....

There were a few suggestions about this elsewhere, that we could do it on the games against "Club12" so home games against Dundee/Dunfermline.

Would be more than willing to do that.

No doubt there will still be shirt, boot, and glove sponsorship available. I think there might even be two or three shirts per player available this season.

I enquired about this earlier today and for anyone interested the majority of players boot sponsorships are still available along with a good few Euro shirt sponsorships.

worth remembering that we want the money to be as effective as possible so needs to go in through the most tax effective and profitable route.

Tax effective you say? Well, I have been made aware of this scheme called an EBT........... :yahoo:

Don't know if they could set it up or not but what about a Dream Team / Fantasy League type thingy (based on SPL or EPL)?

I normally enter the free Barclays EPL one every season and play in 2 or 3 wee mini leagues versus mates and folk from work etc. Usually chip in £10 for each team and winner takes all.

It's never more than £80 - 100 or so to the winner but if the club could set up a bigger mini league just for 'Well fans and split the pot 50/50 or whatever there could be a few quid still up for grabs and might encourage folk to join rather than piddling about in smaller ones that they play with their mates?