Rallying Call

nethertonwellfan

theres as much chance of Craig Whyte receiving a knighthood than there is of us getting anywhere near a good fee. We have publicly bemoaned our financial situation in every media outlet in the uk for the last 3 months. Every time McCall has opened his mouth its been a negative about how he`s cutting budgets,cant compete for wages with pub teams bla bla bla, anyone looking at our prize players will know now were proper fucked,we will accept anything. Id be amazed if we dont sell Randolph,Hutch,Humph or even all 3 for £150k-£200k each instead of the £1m + they are really worth.

As a student for 1 more year and a job with some weekend work I don't have a season ticket but will be making am effort to join my father at the ground more often was always going to CL but will now bring my Gf and try to bring mum as well! Also buying a well society membership with my first job after uni! Already bought a couple of small gifts off the club shop website!

Can more things not go on eBay or even in a lotto things liked signed programmes et al that the club have but don't need!

Some suggestions that will bring in enough to cover our losses.

Get the gate receipts thing changed, a split of gate revenue will benefit us more than most

Get the TV income shared out equally

Get the League prize money shared out better,

In fact go after a fair deal for everyone now that Vile h*n have blsted the Old Firm veto out the water and replace 'OUR' money which they have blackmailed from us over decades. Every financial decision made over decades has affected the smaller clubs financially and they have never used it wisely so take it off ra Shellic and share Rangers portion out among us. The fans have showed balls to vote NO, now it's time fo the clubs to show theirs and take what is rightfully ours rather than piss about with car boots and jumble sales to make up what we will allegedly lose.

COme out fighting rather than fearing Rangers demise, this cold be the best thing to happen to the game since Motherwell FC were created in 1886 :thumbup:

Why don't the non old firm clubs get together and use joint bargaining power to reduce costs. Electricity, phone fuel etc could be purchased cheaper if a group deal was done with suppliers also they could look into joint sponshorship deals covering all the clubs . Maybe they could get the free Audi cars Rangers had to give back !

On a personal note now we have voted no my Well Society membership form is goin in the post tomorrow

Edited by andalg

I enquired about this earlier today and for anyone interested the majority of players boot sponsorships are still available along with a good few Euro shirt sponsorships.

Just out of curiosity, how much is the Euro shirt sponsorship?

I like the paying in for team 12 game idea. something i'll definitely do. but I was thinking we could amalgamate it with the clubs recent 'bring a friend' initiave - with a twist.

what about having an official 'pay a c**t in' day. bring a mate (who doesn't usually go to the fitba) along and pay them in. the twist is they commit to paying their fuckin self in to a game before the season's end.

• Like 1

I like the paying in for team 12 game idea. something i'll definitely do. but I was thinking we could amalgamate it with the clubs recent 'bring a friend' initiave - with a twist.

what about having an official 'pay a c**t in' day. bring a mate (who doesn't usually go to the fitba) along and pay them in. the twist is they commit to paying their fuckin self in to a game before the season's end.

laugh1.gif

I'm pleased and proud our club has done the right thing and listened to the fans. Now we must stand up and be counted and I've been very encouraged by the posts so far from everyone. As a start I'm going to hand back my early bird ST discount and make a small donation to the Society to cover the costs of the ballot.

Just athought though about ST holders paying in at the gate to the odd games. A very commendable idea but is there not another way of handing over the gate money. If we physically pay at the gate then part of the monies will go to the Government in VAT - but if we say make a "donation" of the same amount or even slightly less then the club will make more from that as no VAT would be involved.

The points made by Finlay about club shop sales going to Provan Sports and KMCalpin about the Government taking VAT from gate receipts present an interesting point.

This is where it would be helpful when the club issue their campaign notes soon that they illustrate where exactly they will get most benefit from any additional contributions. Does a £30 brick for example get them more than a £30 purchase from the club shop? Does a fiver worth of drinks get them more than a fiver from the pie stall?

It's possibly taking it a bit to extremes but the more information that can be presented the better.

• Like 2

I'm pleased and proud our club has done the right thing and listened to the fans. Now we must stand up and be counted and I've been very encouraged by the posts so far from everyone. As a start I'm going to hand back my early bird ST discount and make a small donation to the Society to cover the costs of the ballot.

Just athought though about ST holders paying in at the gate to the odd games. A very commendable idea but is there not another way of handing over the gate money. If we physically pay at the gate then part of the monies will go to the Government in VAT - but if we say make a "donation" of the same amount or even slightly less then the club will make more from that as no VAT would be involved.

Definitely like the idea about donations towards "Club 12" matches and totally agree with the last part of Dave's post.

If the club could set up a pay in fund, I'm sure many would donate.

Something along the lines of the "12th man" - a link between club 12 revenue losses and the support from Well fans.

Just a thought!!

Either that, or more groups amalgamate to join the well society.

Another thing I was thinking of last night was to have minimum payments for season tickets. So say for the East Stand the minimum payment is £270 so you pay your £270 and if you can afford anymore then pay whatever you can.

We can do it for the Well Society, the Steel membership could be £300-£999 so you pay in whatever you can afford. The Claret £1000-£4999 etc. We can also increase the subsequent yearly membership. Say £150 for the Steel, £300 for the Claret and £1000 for Amber etc. We could even incorporate the minimum pricing into the yearly membership too. We have the model in place so it is just a matter of tweaking things a bit. It puts no pressure on people who can't afford more than they are already putting in and gives the fans who want to do a bit extra the chance to do so.

what if the club allow for the renaming of the East and South stands, or even the stadium for corporate sponsorship?

How would people feel about that? I know that wouldn't have sit well with me in the past, particularly renaming the stadium, but I think I could live with it knowing crucial revenue would be opened up for the club.