Rallying Call

nethertonwellfan

Some good ideas being discussed..

Appologies if it has already been mentioned but pre-match drinking is an area that could/should make the club more money. A shed load of coin is given to boozers on match day and the club needs to get its hands on more of it.

Can drink marquee's not get put up near the ground for start of the season and our fans can drink together, sing some songs and MFC reap the profits?

I don't know that much about the licensing laws involving football fans and drinking, but it would be great to create a tented area where Motherwell FC can mix with the fans.

Does MFC run and get all the profits from the DC bar?

I'm not from Motherwell so don't really know the situation with the pubs around the ground.

Do any of them give money to the club?

I can spend £50 on drink whenever I'm up and would prefer this to go to the club.

Big marquee on the astro behind the east that can hold 1000 people.In before and after the game for a few pints and a sing song/quiz/showing old games etc.

I would def go for something like that.If everyone spent a tenner!!!

Probably too many obstacles in the way for something like that though.

will the Champions league games take place during the School holidays?

Family fun day , BBQ, beer tent, shooty in goals, face painting £££? dont know if we've got the staff to achieve it

Outwith being a Well Society member and season ticket holder, I'm not in a position financially to make any big contributions - so I'd be looking for the smaller ideas personally.

I think all season ticket holders paying into Club 12 games is a great idea, and I'll also be looking to get more involved in things like the 'Well Lotto, like Jam 20 mentioned.

Would it even be too much to ask just having buckets about Fir Park every home game? I'm not suggesting that folk throwing change into a bucket is going to prevent any serious financial difficulties, but at least it's something. I'm out pretty much every Friday night and, like a fair few folk, I always end up waking up on the Saturday morning with my pockets absolutely full of pounds coins and other change. Like a lot of people, my Saturday pre-match is also spent in the pub. Therefore, by the time I, and plenty of 'Well fans, get to the turnstyles, I have a few quids worth of change kicking about in my pocket that I'd happily dump into a bucket I knew was going to the club.

As I said, it's not huge, but when you multiply it for every home game and consider plenty of 'Well fans firing in a couple of quid each time, it's something.

I also agree with the post about the clubs having to now work together to ensure the future of the game. For example, I've seen a few mentions on other forums about how Rugby Park should now be boycotted due to Johnston abstaining from the vote. I can't agree with that in the slightest. Kilmarnock are not in the best way financially and I think it would wholly wrong for us as a support to punish a fellow football club and, more importantly, its supporters for the actions of one man (plus, he didn't actually vote 'yes' anyway).

will the Champions league games take place during the School holidays?

Family fun day , BBQ, beer tent, shooty in goals, face painting £££? dont know if we've got the staff to achieve it

I'm sure they'd be a few volunteers willing to help out where thet could, say three hours or so pre-match graft for free entry in the game?

Our group usually in Jds before the game and do spend a bit of money :cheers: ,and wouldn't mind this going to the club.only thing is that we hate the Cooper suite. Feels like the inside of a community centre with shite tables and chairs and it takes an eternity to be served,Worst place out for a pre match drink.

Our group usually in Jds before the game and do spend a bit of money :cheers: ,and wouldn't mind this going to the club.only thing is that we hate the Cooper suite. Feels like the inside of a community centre with shite tables and chairs and it takes an eternity to be served,Worst place out for a pre match drink.

The bar could have been doing with being positioned along the long wall for match days, allowing for more staff serving.

Got to agree with that!

It's always Daniels pre-match for us. Know a good few folk that drink in the Cooper and we do very occasionally stop in for a drink, but I just really dislike the venue.

Agree with these posts the club should be looking to get income from a pre match pub set up but unfortunately they'd need to shell out first. I've never been in the Cooper suite but if it's roasting i think that scenario wont be changing.

The big issue with the cooper bar that puts people of is the massive que. Need to address that

Totally agree, think they need to encourage folks to Q at the other side - where the wall is, thus stopping the conflict between the Q and folks trying to get in/out.

Would also like to encourage the Club to examine all that they do, and try to identify if it can be done more efficiently/effectively and cheaper:- switching energy providers say, Bankers, suppliers, etc.,

Would also propose that as winter approaches Clubs are allowed to request/schedule 2pm kick-offs, in an attempt to reduce their floodlight, (electricity bill).

Obviously the current situation can't be overlooked and the potential for hardship has to be mentioned, but it's great to see a bit of positivity again!

I've got to admit, when a 'newco in the SPL' vote was inevitable I didn't believe we would vote any other way than 'yes'. I was originally delighted with the Well Society ballot, but when the results seemed to take longer than expected, the actual announcement didn't include anything you'd really call a 'statement', and rumours were abound that clubs were about to shit it, I have to be honest and say, due to being completely scunnered by everything, I did begin to get suspicious.

I have been critical at the lack of communication and I still think there could have been more but I accept the club probably had its reasons. What I can't deny is that the club has been great throughout this - from balloting the fans at a time when only Hearts & Dundee United (I believe) had backed a 'no' vote, to standing by the subsequent vote, and now to the quick steps at moving on into a positive future.

I have my Well Society membership, my season ticket, my Champions League ticket, my faith in Motherwell FC restored, and all the excitement ahead of next season that had been lacking in recent weeks! :cheers:

Cannot fucking wait for Ayr Away.

• Like 1

when was the last time steelmen on line sponsored a player or two?

Season before last I think. Maybe an idea for when the £1,000 target for the Well Society Membership is reached :thumbup:

It'll happen again this year I've already commited the money to the club BUT

I'll hold off collections until Andy P gets the enough payments in to cover the cost of the steelmenonline joint 'Wellsociety membership

he's not far off it, and then we can look at sticking together and putting another chunk into making sure we have steelmen forever

if not guess I'll have two strips next summer!

We actually announced the ballot a few hours before Romanov's statement which was before Dundee Utd as well :cheers:

Even better! So much has been going on in the last couple of weeks and I got so fed up with it all, I started trying to just forget about most of it! :lol:

You are spot on Jay! It's now time for everyone to put behind them the absolute nightmare of the last few months and concentrate on the most important thing of all... Motherwell FC!

Let's start to get really excited about our up-coming Euro adventure. Let's get behind the Steelmen Forever campaign and let the club continue to plan and progress the way we have in the last four years. Leeann and the board have worked harder than perhaps most will ever know in recent times to steer the club through some really choppy waters and that hard work is only beginning.

But there has been enough enthusiasm on here, other forums and on social networking sites to suggest there is a real hunger amongst fans to help cushion any financial blow and we absolutely cannot lose that momentum.

C'mon the 'Well!

'Flow

• Like 1

Yeah we def need some official DVDs. Are there any apart from the 91 cup run?

None that I'm aware of. Could do with some classic games.

- Motherwell 3 Celtic 2 Scottish Cup 1975/6

- Dortmund v Motherwell

- Skippy Sunday

- The Texaco Cup (Tottenham, Stoke)

- Motherwell 6 Hibs 6

Probably loads of others if I was to sit and think about it.

You are spot on Jay! It's now time for everyone to put behind them the absolute nightmare of the last few months and concentrate on the most important thing of all... Motherwell FC!

Let's start to get really excited about our up-coming Euro adventure. Let's get behind the Steelmen Forever campaign and let the club continue to plan and progress the way we have in the last four years. Leeann and the board have worked harder than perhaps most will ever know in recent times to steer the club through some really choppy waters and that hard work is only beginning.

But there has been enough enthusiasm on here, other forums and on social networking sites to suggest there is a real hunger amongst fans to help cushion any financial blow and we absolutely cannot lose that momentum.

C'mon the 'Well!

'Flow

Attention Mr McCall! Man continually comes across like we were relegated last season. He is an absolute hero, and in general humility is a fantastic and vital quality, but it has a time and a place. There's a definite line where it becomes counter-productive and I'm not sure he knows where that is. I always end up really depressed and downbeat listening to/reading his comments. Im not saying he has to be Rickoza, but he doesn't have to be MJC either!

Fucking come ON Motherwell...Champions League, one less ugly sister to have to contend with next season, ST sales are up again, let's get stuck in!!

• Like 1