Rallying Call

nethertonwellfan

As someone who works in fundraising (and has done for 9-years) I would highlight MFC88's idea below as the best so far.

Check out the link here http://www.milliondo...ect.com/sponsor

And google away for examples of this. In short it is the modern 2012 version of sponsor a brick. The MFC homepage could forever carry peoples names, sponsorship, messages etc etc for a fee of your choice.

The benefits of this scheme are;

• £1 million is a challenging but achieveable target, I would even consider making it £500k

HOW - Well consider the support that there is for Motherwell out there; for example the European games that sell-out Fir Park or the odd semi/cup final. There is no way that the vast majority of these people will buy a season ticket or join the Well Society. Harsh, but true, hence our average attendances.

So an alternative needs to be presented....this would be an option.

• It can be split very much the same way as the Well Society is, but the minimum payment could be £10 and it would be a one-off payment, not an annual fee.
  • The benefit of this scheme is that it really can be marketed as an Appeal. As much as I like the idea of the Well Society, I think it could potentially have been marketed a little better. But you live and learn.
  • Lanarkshire is a big place and despite the obvious support for the Old Firm there are a lot of Motherwell 'supporters' out there that do really believe in the club and would hate it to die. The reality is that the club might die and we need to hammer that message home to people.

My targets;

• Strong media campaign running for a month with local media and also posters/flyers for local businesses
  • A new 5-year plan from the board including stadium sale/move plans etc
  • The target is to get 20-25,000 people to make a donation to the future of Motherwell FC - lets target the number of people we could take to a cup final
  • Donations in £10, £25, £50, £75 or £100

Campaign name

• Needs to be strong, catchy and hook people in....I can't think of one just now but something to hook 20,000 people into making a donation

Anyway, that is that for now. Incidentally I have decided to email this to the club.

Wow! Didn't see that coming...let us know if you get a reply mate??

As for DVD's i think a good shout would be a compilation of legendary Motherwell moments fom the last 10-20 years such as these that spring to mind...

Van der gaags goal

Skippy sunday

Fitzy v hearts CIS semi

6-6

Euro days

Anytime Faddy touched the ball

And so on...

Have we burned our bridges beyond repair with Ladbrokes when we were sponsored by JAXX? All the kiosks around the stadium must have generated a fair whack in rent.

You'd imagine if we could get them or another betting company on board that would generate us quite a bit of cash.

doubt we would see much of that cash

Fair enough but I'd have thought we would got a decent amount over a season. They had kiosks all over the stadium and even a wee desk in the Cooper Suite pre match. There's a Ladbrokes at Perth, Tynecastle & Ibrox. If it's good enough for them it should be good enough for us.

Even if it was just a small income for the club it's better than a poke in the eye with a shitey stick.

I've heard it said before that the proceeds Motherwell got from having the Ladbrokes kiosks were minimal.....

...that said the ability to stick on a coupon en route to your seat certainly added to the matchday experience that the club occasionally refer to.

Perhaps though now when many have the means to place a bet through their mobiles and the kiosks, or the one in the East Stand certainly, is generating income directly for the club, that shipped has maybe sailed.

1341601551[/url]' post='349100']

Attention Mr McCall! Man continually comes across like we were relegated last season. He is an absolute hero, and in general humility is a fantastic and vital quality, but it has a time and a place. There's a definite line where it becomes counter-productive and I'm not sure he knows where that is. I always end up really depressed and downbeat listening to/reading his comments. Im not saying he has to be Rickoza, but he doesn't have to be MJC either!

Fucking come ON Motherwell...Champions League, one less ugly sister to have to contend with next season, ST sales are up again, let's get stuck in!!

This