Steelmen Forever

Jay

I know Dosser 30 has posted the link to this in the 'Rallying Call' thread (the subject of which is obviously related to this campaign), and Brazilian has posted the link in the Shoutbox above, but I thought it was worth a new thread to highlight it to those who might have missed it:

STEELMEN FOREVER

Feel free to get rid of this thread if the mods feel it isn't need though!

• Like 2

Exactly ..................... our Club did the right thing by us, now lets do the right thing by them :thumbup:

Looking forward to this SPL season like I have no other.

OK then. Can I persuade you to jump on the train one more time than you planning? :)

Cheers to Jay and the other guys for posting the links!

Steelmen Forever is basically the club trying to organise all the various initiatives designed to try and bridge any financial shortfall that have now came to light in recent days with the rejection of the Newco application to the SPL. The scale of what that shortfall is (we'll obviously publicise what the target is when we know) will become clearer next Friday but regardless, the club and the fans can stand shoulder to shoulder, and I've used that term a few times now, and see us through whatever ill.

There are loads of great minds and plenty with the real goodwill amongst our support to take our campaign forward. We're the first club in the SPL to come out and actually put together something a little more organised to get the wheels moving. It's key we can build up ahead of steam so the fans know exactly where they can put their money to help the club. It's like trying to recreate the 'Well Worth Saving philosophy ten years on....

The club obviously wants people to spend/buy/donate as much as possible whilst, at the same time, appreciating that not everyone can. But I would like to think we can put together various ideas and suggestions so we can accept anything from a few pounds to a few thousand pounds. We will need every penny!

We hope to have numerous events from dinners to quizzes, band nights to glamour friendly matches and much more in between. It's down to the imagination of us all. What is for certain is that we need people to help co-ordinate it and run it. My colleagues and I at Fir Park will obviously do everything we can - I am really optimistic about it and how it can further cement the relationships and the bonds between the club and the fans, particularly at a time when we move towards full fan ownership.

More will follow in the next few days but for now, if we could all encourage as many fans to buy a Season Ticket, buy a 'Well Society membership or a Champions League ticket, that's a great start.

There is a Paypal donate button at the top of the Official website and there is a modest Paypal Buy site set up just now to make it slightly more easier to buy things in the immediate short-term - > http://www.motherwellbuyonline.co.uk/

We all love Motherwell FC - through all the problems in recent months it is clear our fans are desperate to get behind their club. In return, the club has listened to the fans and now, together, we can safeguard our long-term future.

Steelmen Forever!

'Flow

SteelmenForeverlogo435.png

There is a Paypal donate button at the top of the Official website and there is a modest Paypal Buy site set up just now to make it slightly more easier to buy things in the immediate short-term - > http://www.motherwellbuyonline.co.uk/

Steelmen Forever!

'Flow

This in itself is an excellent idea.

I can envisage a number of drunken purchases, no doubt from myself included, when under the influence that might not normally be made with a sober mind!! :lol:

• Like 1

This in itself is an excellent idea.

I can envisage a number of drunken purchases, no doubt from myself included, when under the influence that might not normally be made with a sober mind!! :lol:

Me too, I might stop the gambling and everytime I feel like putting money in my Bet365 account I will just put it to that. That should have us in profit buy October laugh.gif .

Heres an idea. Why dont they start up a supporters club for the primary school aged kids. I think we are missing a trick with this. I'm sure there are plenty of kids who are too young to go to games themselves but dont have family members willing to go. The club should make some effort to have a supervised kids group. Get into all the local schools and get the kids interested. Offer a deal with the school that if they encourage "X" amount of kids to join the club will send out a couple of (fringe) players to spend the day at their school or something, even offer a free tour of the stadium and meet the players.

Like we say, the kids are the future and we are missing out on a massive amount of future revenue just because these kids dont have anyone to take them to games.

• Like 3

Firstly just want to make it clear that I think everything done by the club has been great, from the handing of the vote to the fans groups, to the faith in their decision to run with it and do the right thing in the face of what will undoubtedly be a tough time.

However that being said, I think there's scope for the club as a whole to nail their colours to the mast in a more emphatic way in certain areas. Just one example being the fact that there are a fair few fans of SPL clubs who have bought a Raith Rovers season ticket for next season, as well as making donations to the Kirkaldy side, purely as a show of solidarity and thanks for the balls to the wind stance taken by Turnbull Hutton. Contrast that to the amount of SPL fans who, even with the announcements made by the club, had us down as a yes even right up to the day of the vote. Even now there's a large cross-section who believe the club wanted to vote yes but had themselves over a barrel because of the 'Well Society. Obviously there's the rightful view of "why should we care what other fans think", but with this announcement the club are using the angle of all fans sticking together to support each other, and there are ways of encouraging that. A bit more of a "fuck you" stance (not in so many words obviously), could have seen some of the extra money on its way to Raith Rovers from donations, ST purchases and pre-season attendance by way of thanks to Mr Hutton for having the courage to speak out, coming to Fir Park instead.

Again, not a criticism at all as im very pleased with the direction of the club, but I do feel that a stronger, more hard-nosed stance with conviction, would always be of benefit in many different ways.

• Like 1

The club obviously wants people to spend/buy/donate as much as possible whilst, at the same time, appreciating that not everyone can. But I would like to think we can put together various ideas and suggestions so we can accept anything from a few pounds to a few thousand pounds. Steelmen Forever!

'Flow

SteelmenForeverlogo435.png

Thats the key Flow. As others have said the club needs to let us know the most effective ways to donate. We also need to try to get support and money from the wider community - maybe some kind of raffle with non football prizes? We need to offer a wide variety of schemes from voluntary ones to more formal ones; from ones involving a large amount of cash to ones involving only a pound or two. In short schemes to suit everyone and every pocket. As Jay says don't overlook the simple bucket collection - it has its place.

I do feel that a stronger, more hard-nosed stance with conviction, would always be of benefit in many different ways.

Al,

Your post is very valid and I absolutely take your point - I am sure Leeann and others on the board would recognise that too. What I would say in the defence of those responsible for trying to navigate the club through all the probelms is alot of times, the most effective way to try and get consensus and influence people is not by shouting and screaming at people publically, but being calm, measured and leading from the front behind the scenes. That's true to many walks of life, not just this situation.

Sure, there is a lot to be said for giving it big licks in front of cameras and in statements, but you tend to get far more done by being as professional and as considered as you can. The downside is that, sure, you can leave yourself open to false interpretations and doubt but you can be certain of this, by giving the 'Well Society a ballot on this, the result was how the club would vote.

I've said it on twitter and on here previously - if the board had inclinations either way, then the last thing you would do is put it out for a fans vote as you are almost certain the result was going to be one way. But this was more than that, it was a real recognition of how the current board feel about the fan ownership model and a gaze into the future of how things will operate (any by that I don't mean a vote on every issue - I mean fans feelings being at the forefront of everything which is no bad thing at all).

Thats the key Flow. As others have said the club needs to let us know the most effective ways to donate. We also need to try to get support and money from the wider community - maybe some kind of raffle with non football prizes? We need to offer a wide variety of schemes from voluntary ones to more formal ones; from ones involving a large amount of cash to ones involving only a pound or two. In short schemes to suit everyone and every pocket. As Jay says don't overlook the simple bucket collection - it has its place.

Spot on Dave!

The simplest and most tried-and-tested forms of fundraising are often the best! We'll not rule anything out. Over the next short while, the aim is to try and formalise some way that fans themselves can take things forward with the clubs' support. That's the best way to do it - working together!

'Flow

Al,

Your post is very valid and I absolutely take your point - I am sure Leeann and others on the board would recognise that too. What I would say in the defence of those responsible for trying to navigate the club through all the probelms is alot of times, the most effective way to try and get consensus and influence people is not by shouting and screaming at people publically, but being calm, measured and leading from the front behind the scenes. That's true to many walks of life, not just this situation.

Sure, there is a lot to be said for giving it big licks in front of cameras and in statements, but you tend to get far more done by being as professional and as considered as you can. The downside is that, sure, you can leave yourself open to false interpretations and doubt but you can be certain of this, by giving the 'Well Society a ballot on this, the result was how the club would vote.

I've said it on twitter and on here previously - if the board had inclinations either way, then the last thing you would do is put it out for a fans vote as you are almost certain the result was going to be one way. But this was more than that, it was a real recognition of how the current board feel about the fan ownership model and a gaze into the future of how things will operate (any by that I don't mean a vote on every issue - I mean fans feelings being at the forefront of everything which is no bad thing at all).

Spot on Dave!

The simplest and most tried-and-tested forms of fundraising are often the best! We'll not rule anything out. Over the next short while, the aim is to try and formalise some way that fans themselves can take things forward with the clubs' support. That's the best way to do it - working together!

'Flow

Flow,

I've emailed the club about the Well Lotto, I'm interesting in taking it up plus I was wondering if there was an avenue for me taking it in to Work and trying to get a few people in their to do it as well as my family. I'm pretty sure I could get it to between £50 and £100 a week. I've not heard anything as of yet and I'd like to get it started as soon as possible.

LIke I said before I'd like to see the club taking a harder stance, along with the other 'diddy' teams and taking the lead against Celtics domination of the financial side now that Rangers are out of the way. We need to be break their strangehold while we have the chance cos if we play nice just now they will not return the favour when Rangers get back in the top league.

Grasp the opportunity to fairer TV distribution, prize money, gate receipts, in fact every form of income they had a monopoly over. Take them to the cleaners cos believe you me, they would shaft us without a backward glance, and will do so when they next get the chance themselves along with their blue bum chums. I favour an aggressive approach but I know that won't work at that level, I don't care. The job needs doing and it needs doing right.

After that all Diddy teams should apply to the SFL with a view to disbanding the SPL, it hs never worked, an abject failure along with it's elitist principles. Get us back being the peoples game with the strength being the league as a whole, not just the biggest and richest clubs being greedy.

• Like 7

LIke I said before I'd like to see the club taking a harder stance, along with the other 'diddy' teams and taking the lead against Celtics domination of the financial side now that Rangers are out of the way. We need to be break their strangehold while we have the chance cos if we play nice just now they will not return the favour when Rangers get back in the top league.

Grasp the opportunity to fairer TV distribution, prize money, gate receipts, in fact every form of income they had a monopoly over. Take them to the cleaners cos believe you me, they would shaft us without a backward glance, and will do so when they next get the chance themselves along with their blue bum chums.

100% agree FC. Strike while the iron is hot. The other clubs will never have a better chance of reform for the good of the Scottish game. I'd start with voting rights to kick start change.

Al,

Of course mate, I have no doubt whatsoever that the club always had the correct intention at heart, and I commend you all for the way it was approached (which was taken completely wrongly in various quarters), in that the clubs stance was essentially "we are happy to allow you to make the decision, but we have a duty to inform you of the worst case scenario. Here are the facts, we will listen to you". To my mind there's no other way to do it without being negligent or belittling the decision which, lets not forget is the biggest decision this or any club will probably ever have to make in terms of risk. I do think a bit of flag-flying has it's place though, if done in the right way, and other clubs are seeing benefits from this on this occasion and in the past. Diplomacy and discretion are vital business models, but the ability to put out a strong stance and a strong message is equally vital.

Congratulations and thanks to all at the club though, for their ultimate decisions and their initiatives going forward.

Grasp the opportunity to fairer TV distribution, prize money, gate receipts, in fact every form of income they had a monopoly over. Take them to the cleaners cos believe you me, they would shaft us without a backward glance, and will do so when they next get the chance themselves along with their blue bum chums. I favour an aggressive approach but I know that won't work at that level, I don't care. The job needs doing and it needs doing right.

After that all Diddy teams should apply to the SFL with a view to disbanding the SPL, it hs never worked, an abject failure along with it's elitist principles. Get us back being the peoples game with the strength being the league as a whole, not just the biggest and richest clubs being greedy.

It's almost as if you feel that this fella is so well thought out, he should write a Motherwell FC book or two, sometimes....

I completely get yer point Al B and as much as I'd have creamed myself if Leanne had gone all Mad Vlad on the 'Scottish Mafia' it is worth noting that the SPL clubs will by far take the biggest hit here. By my understanding Turnbull Hutton, Raith Rovers and any other SFL team had a lot less to lose than Motherwell. Not to diminish his bold actions, I absolutely adore the guy for it but at a time when the driving force behind our club has been absolute financial stability and long term security we simply had to be a bit more measured.

The scale of what that shortfall is (we'll obviously publicise what the target is when we know) will become clearer next Friday but regardless, the club and the fans can stand shoulder to shoulder, and I've used that term a few times now, and see us through whatever ill.

Out of curiosity, does this mean the main commercial deals have already been renegotiated depending on the various scenarios and the vote next Friday will simply pin them all down or are we expecting the negotiations to start on Friday? Is there a chance things will be fairly complicated right up to the first kick of a baw?

V.I.P for the day

Like we have for the kids as mascots but for adults instead.

Tour stadium, meal and a beer, meet the players and sit in the directors box, leaving with a memento or a signed picture of the day.

I personally would love this the buzz of it being a match day would be excellent.

I would happily pay at least a fiver even up to a tenner then the draw is done and you are invited to the next home game.

I know you can buy a package but i dont have the money for that, i think a draw could earn a few more bucks with more people wishing to go that way.