Missing A Trick.

Yoshi-1991

Posted this in another tread but felt it should have its own.

Heres an idea. Why dont they start up a supporters club for the primary school aged kids. I think we are missing a trick with this. I'm sure there are plenty of kids who are too young to go to games themselves but dont have family members willing to go. The club should make some effort to have a supervised kids group. Get into all the local schools and get the kids interested. Offer a deal with the school that if they encourage "X" amount of kids to join the club will send out a couple of (fringe) players to spend the day at their school or something, even offer a free tour of the stadium and meet the players.

Get the kids in an hour or so before the game, get them to make bannors, flags, stuff like that. I'm sure the parents would encourage it aswell as it would give them a good few hours of peace at the weekend.

Like we say, the kids are the future and we are missing out on a massive amount of future revenue just because these kids dont have anyone to take them to games.

There are possibly similar things already going on. I think there is a lot of work within the community and schools which goes un-noticed (by me), maybe because I'm not in the area any more.

When I was in the ticket office the other day there was someone in discussing an MFC initiative at her kids school which I had absolutely no idea about.

That said, you do raise a great point about kids whose parents can't/won't take them to games. I wonder if the club has that part covered?

There are possibly similar things already going on. I think there is a lot of work within the community and schools which goes un-noticed (by me), maybe because I'm not in the area any more.

When I was in the ticket office the other day there was someone in discussing an MFC initiative at her kids school which I had absolutely no idea about.

That said, you do raise a great point about kids whose parents can't/won't take them to games. I wonder if the club has that part covered?

This is the part I am realy driving at.

I know the club do have a deal with local school where if they buy season tickets through the school they get them cheaper. Only know this because I used it when I was at school.

This is a good idea Yoshi-1991, have you sent it to the club through the steelmen forever campaign?? The got an idea section:

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/the-club/steelmen-forever/ideas

If I was to throw in an idea to add it would be to get one of the fringe players not on the bench, or even better a first team player thats not involved due to injury or suspension or whatever to help with the supervision. Or even just make a visit to the kids section at half time to sign autographs and say hello. Pretty sure most young lads would love that at that age and would help to encourage more along.

Always thought some kind of set up where you could drop kids off , say 1pm , for some supervised activities and a visit from players and mascots , allowing you to have a few sociable beers in the Cooper before picking them back up in time for kick off , would be a good idea .

I'm sure most folk wud be willing to pay a modest fee for such a service , say £3 a time , and then put another few quid in the coffers enjoyin a beer without worryin about the kids .

While the adults are in the Cooper you could have raffles etc. to draw another few quid .

Not ideas to pull big bucks , but every little really does help , and anything that can draw more youngsters into following the well should be worth considering .

Good ideas but a couple of problems that could make them unworkable,

firstly anybody involved with taking the kids to FP would have to be cleared by disclosure scotland which costs about £20 per person.

the cost of childcare even for a couple of hours would be a hell of a lot more than £3 per kid. Anyone looking after them would have to be a registered nursery nurse and their is a ratio of around 5 or 6 kids per carer so the club would have to know in advance how many kids were expected so that they could arrange for the correct amount of staff. Also I'm sure that any playroom would have to meet local authority standards and as such would cost a fair whack to set up

Maybe if they set up one of the spare areas as a full time nursery and rented it out with the provision that the person renting it provides staff on a Sat. then it could work.

Good ideas but a couple of problems that could make them unworkable,

firstly anybody involved with taking the kids to FP would have to be cleared by disclosure scotland which costs about £20 per person.

the cost of childcare even for a couple of hours would be a hell of a lot more than £3 per kid. Anyone looking after them would have to be a registered nursery nurse and their is a ratio of around 5 or 6 kids per carer so the club would have to know in advance how many kids were expected so that they could arrange for the correct amount of staff. Also I'm sure that any playroom would have to meet local authority standards and as such would cost a fair whack to set up

Maybe if they set up one of the spare areas as a full time nursery and rented it out with the provision that the person renting it provides staff on a Sat. then it could work.

I'm not talking about a day care kind of thing. I'm talking about a set up where kids that wouldnt normally be able to go to games because they dont have anyone to take them go to gether as a sort of kids club style thing.

Yoshi - without sounding as if im trying to pick holes in your suggestion..........

can you clarify who is "responsible" for your kids club? (who is in charge of your set up?)

if one of these "parentless" children, say........fell down the stairs at HT -who would make sure they were ok? if they had to go to hospital, who would accompany them?

who would then look after / be responsible for the rest of them?

i fully support your suggestion - as i do think there are alot of kids who are in the position you suggest - I, myself had to force/encourage my dad to take me to Fir Park - as before I was here, he followed Arthurlie!

but with a suggestion like this, i think there would be way too many legal obligations that would not allow it to work

Yoshi - without sounding as if im trying to pick holes in your suggestion..........

can you clarify who is "responsible" for your kids club? (who is in charge of your set up?)

if one of these "parentless" children, say........fell down the stairs at HT -who would make sure they were ok? if they had to go to hospital, who would accompany them?

who would then look after / be responsible for the rest of them?

i fully support your suggestion - as i do think there are alot of kids who are in the position you suggest - I, myself had to force/encourage my dad to take me to Fir Park - as before I was here, he followed Arthurlie!

but with a suggestion like this, i think there would be way too many legal obligations that would not allow it to work

I honestly don't know. I have no idea about the laws reguarding this sort of set up. But I dare say if the schools were to get involved there could be an arangmentwith teachers or ever janitors to get free entry if they volunteer or something along those lines. There would be ways to go around it.

Something like this wouldnt work if you just tried to fling it together, it would need time spent over it to plan it properly.

Guys. We already do something along these lines.

On a Saturday morning we run the Fir Park Soccer School on the Astro behind the East Stand where boys and girls attend a two hour football coaching session and then attend the match with our community coaches. Many of the kids wouldn't have the opportunity of attending the match if we didn't run this initiative.

The Fir Park Soccer School costs £40.00 per ten week block and is open to everyone between the ages of 5 and 15. This covers the coaching session, match ticket, and supervision by our coaches at the match so its great value.

The kids have a great time, develop their skills, make new friends, and have their own area in the Davie Cooper Family Stand at the match. You can book online at www;motherwellsoccerschools.com or by calling us at 01698 239 926. its a great way of supporting the 'Steelmen Forever' campaign, and developing the fan base.

• Like 2

Guys. We already do something along these lines.

On a Saturday morning we run the Fir Park Soccer School on the Astro behind the East Stand where boys and girls attend a two hour football coaching session and then attend the match with our community coaches. Many of the kids wouldn't have the opportunity of attending the match if we didn't run this initiative.

The Fir Park Soccer School costs £40.00 per ten week block and is open to everyone between the ages of 5 and 15. This covers the coaching session, match ticket, and supervision by our coaches at the match so its great value.

The kids have a great time, develop their skills, make new friends, and have their own area in the Davie Cooper Family Stand at the match. You can book online at www;motherwellsoccerschools.com or by calling us at 01698 239 926. its a great way of supporting the 'Steelmen Forever' campaign, and developing the fan base.

Yes I already knew about this, but what about the kids that just want to go to the game??