Everton

dmacd1

Just a short note folks.....

The match was always 2pm - Everton asked if it could be moved forward 30 minutes to accommodate travel plans getting back home to Merseyside. That's all!

It certainly wasn't of Motherwell's doing. Hell, it's not even Motherwell's game as it is being run, as all testimonials are, by a committee.

Flow

PS Buzzin' Faddy will be back in Claret and Amber!

Didnt know the game was originally set for 2.00 ....just thought that a game on a Sat afternoon , with no TV to cater for , and nearly all other friendlies kicking off at 3.00 , the game should have been at 3.00 ...however hope Hammy gets a good turnout as he deserves it .

Delighted Faddy will be playing and hope it adds a few bums to seats on Saturday. Hope for a good turnout as Hammy has played over 400 games and is claret and amber through and through...

That said I feel there is an element of cruelty in Faddy playing v Everton and then probably not again....what if he plays a blinder and scores a belter....

Must admit I am sitting here imagining the bedlam if Faddy scores on Saturday. Typing one-handed by the way...

Must be excited, you only managed 20 words..................-)

am i the only one who isn't bothered about faddy playing?

i'd rather the guys who will be playing for us during the season get some game time. we've already lost 180 minutes of preparation.

While it will be nice to see him playing for us again the big thing is to get OUR players fit for the CL game. I think he will get 30 mins tops then make way for one of our fringe players.

am i the only one who isn't bothered about faddy playing?

i'd rather the guys who will be playing for us during the season get some game time. we've already lost 180 minutes of preparation.

I'm not overly bothered about it either. Obviously it will be nice for nostalgic reasons but that's it really. I'm much more concerned about how the players who are actually going to be playing for Motherwell this coming season fare, as it's important that they are fit and prepared for the season kicking off.

Unlike most Motherwell fans, I don't still have James McFadden on such high a pedestal and haven't done since the day he left us. He was a terrific player for us in an otherwise awful time for the club and gave us some great memories and I've got a lot of respect for him for that but at the end of the day, he's a former player now, nothing more nothing less.

Faddy gets my vote more to do with how he conducted himself when here. Had the pleasure to meet him a few times and each time following our first meeting he remembered my kids names and made time to greet them warmly, makes a difference that kind of thing and he still did the same when he was back with Everton. Top kiddah IMO, and a fine player into the bargain. Cannae dae The Slosh to save himself mind you but he's not alone there :thumbup:

Get a grip folks this is a testimonial which means former team mates will come back to show support for him. If he puts a few extra bums on seats then that is more success for the testimonial. Gives hammy more cash in his pocket and quite frankly he deserves. I wouldn't care if pele came on for 15 minutes.

Faddy gets my vote more to do with how he conducted himself when here. Had the pleasure to meet him a few times and each time following our first meeting he remembered my kids names and made time to greet them warmly, makes a difference that kind of thing and he still did the same when he was back with Everton. Top kiddah IMO, and a fine player into the bargain. Cannae dae The Slosh to save himself mind you but he's not alone there :thumbup:

Hardly likely to forget your kids names :nod:

If someone had asked me to guess which two posters were "not bothered" by McFadden playing on Saturday I'd have picked MJC and Steelboy.

One is easily the most depressing person I've seen grace a football forum, and the other is probably still crying about his big team playing in division 3.

Why don't the both of you just lighten up and relax? It's a game that is intended to put some cash into the pocket of a player who really deserves it, and having McFadden playing will hopefully pull some more punters into the stadium.

Buy a ticket, go along and have a good time.

• Like 6