Everton

dmacd1

Thrilled that Faddy will play and looking forward to it but like others, if he aint going to be playing in the Champions League games I hope that getting bums on seats is not going to detract from the more important element of the game of getting our guys match sharpness and fitness up because it was sadly lacking on Tuesday night and given that Law, Carswell, Hateley, Humphrey, Daley, Ojamaa were clearly being saved for Wednesday and missed out because of the weather these guys really need game time before the popular nostaligia trip.

I think folk are giving too much too this Faddy appearance. It will be a 15-20 minute cameo at the end of the game once the rest of the team has had a workout. Look at the game against Ayr, we brought on 5 or 6 youngsters who probably aren't all ready for first team action and most of them won't be involved in the Champions League game basically just for a run out to make up numbers.

The first team is the priority sure, however if Faddy gets 15 minutes at the end it's hardly going to disrupt things. As David said, enjoy it! You might never see it again..

• Like 1

I'm hoping that Faddy sees the opportunity available here. He needs to get fit and show that he can still perform, Europe is a great shop window, but he'll likely have to play for nought! He is loved by the fans, and probably within the club. Weigh it up James!

Heard on the radio faddy wants to join celtic. Hope its just bullshit but if true then get show him the door. Never mind him making an appearance on saturday and concentrate on motherwell and players who are on the books and will be playing for us next season.

Really hope it's bullshit 'cause ah love him tae bits but if he's saying this then say cherio, we don't need the distraction.

• Like 1

Yeah, spot-on about the guys who are signed-up and playing for The 'Well. Right behind every one of them. Expect (and hope) the Celtic bit is just press talk (as usual)!

Back on topic, I'm looking forward to the game on Saturday and hope that Hammy gets a great turnout. He's been a good servant for the club and deserves his testamonial.

Heard on the radio faddy wants to join celtic. Hope its just bullshit but if true then get show him the door. Never mind him making an appearance on saturday and concentrate on motherwell and players who are on the books and will be playing for us next season.

Really hope it's bullshit 'cause ah love him tae bits but if he's saying this then say cherio, we don't need the distraction.

Even if he was all over the back pages tomorrow morning with a Celtic shirt on whilst hugging Lennon I'd still want him to play on Saturday.

He's Hammells's friend, and will bring attention to the game. It has fuck all to do with him playing for Motherwell in the future.

• Like 2

Some amount of killjoys on here

If Motherwell were to get through to the play off round of the CL, then beat Braga by an away goal and end up in the CL group stage in a group with Barca, Man City and Ajax (this group could happen, I checked) there would still be MJC, steelboy and other on here complaining about it destroying our season. Moany cuntish arseholes.

• Like 2

If someone had asked me to guess which two posters were "not bothered" by McFadden playing on Saturday I'd have picked MJC and Steelboy.

One is easily the most depressing person I've seen grace a football forum, and the other is probably still crying about his big team playing in division 3.

Why don't the both of you just lighten up and relax? It's a game that is intended to put some cash into the pocket of a player who really deserves it, and having McFadden playing will hopefully pull some more punters into the stadium.

Buy a ticket, go along and have a good time.

I didn't say I wasn't happy about McFadden playing for us on Saturday, I said I'm not overly bothered but it'll be nice to see him grace the Claret & Amber again, even just for a wee while.

It's just that I'm a Motherwell supporter, not a James McFadden supporter and the fortunes of my club are far more important than an ex player, albeit a very popular one, playing a little cameo role in a testimonial for a player who has been and continues to be a terrific servant to our club.

It's good that he's agreed to play a part in Hammell's testimonial and I hope it's a good turnout because Steven Hammell deserves that for the service he's given to the club. In my opinion - and I stress in MY opinion most strongly - the most important aspects of this game are to thank Hammell and to prepare our players for the season ahead. If others disargree with that and see the appearance of James McFadden as being more important than any of that then I'm delighted for you, make sure you lap it up.

• Like 2

it'll be great to see faddy back in the claret and amber even if its only for this game and if him playing helps to put a few more bums on seats and makes hammy's day even more of a success thats the main thing

Dont agree with testimonials for players who are still playing and earning a good wage so not bothered if my comments have pissed some people off. Incase it's escaped some people's attention hammell left the club so as far as loyalty goes that one's out the window and he hasn't had to give the game up through injury so i don't see all the hype about giving him a testimonial. MFC legend... don't think so !

• Like 1

Dont agree with testimonials for players who are still playing and earning a good wage so not bothered if my comments have pissed some people off. Incase it's escaped some people's attention hammell left the club so as far as loyalty goes that one's out the window and he hasn't had to give the game up through injury so i don't see all the hype about giving him a testimonial. MFC legend... don't think so !

19692d1320857459-mw3-pc-release-not-sure-if-trolling-just-stupid.jpg

• Like 1

Quite easy

Don't go / shut up

• Like 1

Fao.

Well 4 europe - not trolling and not stupid.

Diggle - i'm not going and as for the shut it comment...

Please feel free to reply ,contest my comments and put your views across in a sensible manner.

Pissing people off with my view which does not contain any personal insults is one thing. Coming on here and implying people are stupid or whatever else is not acceptable.

• Like 2

Pissing people off with my view which does not contain any personal insults is one thing. Coming on here and implying people are stupid or whatever else is not acceptable.

Just the way it is on here mate and has been for many a year. You either dance to the majority's tune or you're 'stupid/ negative bugger/not a real supporter/a troll/Rangers fan/disgrace'.

I wouldn't worry about it, it's only a messageboard afterall and there's many folk on here would do well to remember that.

I remember when I was a wee boy hearing my auld man and some of his pals saying that Motherwell fans prefer to fight and argue with themselves rather than with fans of other clubs and since these boards were formed I've learned that that view appears to be pretty much spot on.

• Like 2