Your Expectations For The Coming Season

David

Shut the fuck up Delwell you idiot.

We have lost Clancy Jennings and Craigan.

In place of Clancy we have a fully fit Saunders - a better player than Clancy.

Craigan was injured for half of last season and we will miss his experience, but this Ramsden guy might come in fill that gap.

We have a full season with Ojamma in the squad.

We have the potential to get 12 more points than normal due to Rangers being out the league.

Carswell and Page have the chance to shine.

I admit we will miss Jennings, but can you honestly tell me that by losing Jennings we will drop from third to relegation fodder?

Also basing your shite prediction on a few pointless games just shows you up as the total sham you are.

• Like 3

There is no point kidding on here, we have lost 3 experienced and decent player and arguably our best player in Steve Jennings. However, how many times have we lost players and someone always steps up to the plate and lifts all?

Aberdeen and Hibs seem to have strengthened but could they get any worse?

We may not hit the heavy heights of last season but you have answer this question by looking at other teams and asking yourself are we better than them or not. So here goes,

Celtic - It's a no brainer and they are a mile ahead of us and everyone else in the league.

Dundee Utd - I'd put them just ahead of us this season

Hearts - They are a bit of an unknown as they will have a different squad from last season. I would stick my neck out and say we are better than them.

St Johnstone - They will be closer to us this year but I think we will edge it this year.

Kilmarnock - I predict we will finish above them this season. I can see them as being candidates for the drop.

St Mirren - I can't see there being a 20 point swing from last season

Aberdeen - They will be stronger but again will there be a 20+ swing in points from last season? I can't see it.

ICT - The have went back since last season and will not even be close to us. Relegation candidates.

Hibernian - They will be closer to us but again they need a 30 point swing on last season. They have signed some players but I wouldn't say they have added any quality.

Ross County - I'm no expert on them but I can see them finishing 9th or 10th.

Dundee - 24 points behind Ross County last season. Relegation Candidates.

Obviously all that depends on who sells from now until the end of the transfer window and again in January. I can't see anyone strengthening. Teams may go in to administration but I am far too positive to factor all that in. So going by that I think we will finish 3-5th

There is no point kidding on here, we have lost 3 experienced and decent player and arguably our best player in Steve Jennings. However, how many times have we lost players and someone always steps up to the plate and lifts all?

Aberdeen and Hibs seem to have strengthened but could they get any worse?

We may not hit the heavy heights of last season but you have answer this question by looking at other teams and asking yourself are we better than them or not. So here goes,

Celtic - It's a no brainer and they are a mile ahead of us and everyone else in the league.

Dundee Utd - I'd put them just ahead of us this season

Hearts - They are a bit of an unknown as they will have a different squad from last season. I would stick my neck out and say we are better than them.

St Johnstone - They will be closer to us this year but I think we will edge it this year.

Kilmarnock - I predict we will finish above them this season. I can see them as being candidates for the drop.

St Mirren - I can't see there being a 20 point swing from last season

Aberdeen - They will be stronger but again will there be a 20+ swing in points from last season? I can't see it.

ICT - The have went back since last season and will not even be close to us. Relegation candidates.

Hibernian - They will be closer to us but again they need a 30 point swing on last season. They have signed some players but I wouldn't say they have added any quality.

Ross County - I'm no expert on them but I can see them finishing 9th or 10th.

Dundee - 24 points behind Ross County last season. Relegation Candidates.

Obviously all that depends on who sells from now until the end of the transfer window and again in January. I can't see anyone strengthening. Teams may go in to administration but I am far too positive to factor all that in. So going by that I think we will finish 3-5th

Good assessment....its between Motherwell, Dundee untd and Hearts for the Runners up and European places this season a 2nd appearance in the Champions league is up for grabs. I think Aberdeen may be the outside bet to improve on last season, the rest of the teams are also rans

I know its a limited basis from which to draw conclusions but I think we'll struggle this season with a mid table finish at best. Central defence is a huge concern to me. On the evidence so far we have 1 good centre back (Shaun Hutchinson) and potentially good one in Steven Saunders. The others are either not good enough or too inexperienced. Central midfield is also a huge concern. Keith Lasley is getting on now and he'll need a mobile ball winner beside him - who?

Central defence and central midfield are two critical areas of the team.

We could also lose one or two of our best lads later in the window. On the evidence of first two friendlies there are no young lads ready or able to step up.

Currently the squad is just too thin - last year we had a very good starting 11 with 1 or 2 reasonable back up players - this year we have maybe 9/10 good first players.

Some rivals like Aberdeen and perhaps Hibs will have gotten stronger. Dundee United will finish 2nd as their fans are saying, and I don't think St Johnstone are much weaker. Hearts will finish in the top 6. Of the others Kilmarnock will not be any weaker. Don't be fooled by Dundee - they were tipped off 2 months ago that they could be playing SPL football this season and have announced plans to sign 6 players.

Good assessment....its between Motherwell, Dundee untd and Hearts for the Runners up and European places this season a 2nd appearance in the Champions league is up for grabs. I think Aberdeen may be the outside bet to improve on last season, the rest of the teams are also rans

A 2nd appearance in the Champions League is not up for grabs though :nod:

I know its a limited basis from which to draw conclusions but I think we'll struggle this season with a mid table finish at best. Central defence is a huge concern to me. On the evidence so far we have 1 good centre back (Shaun Hutchinson) and potentially good one in Steven Saunders. The others are either not good enough or too inexperienced. Central midfield is also a huge concern. Keith Lasley is getting on now and he'll need a mobile ball winner beside him - who?

Central defence and central midfield are two critical areas of the team.

We could also lose one or two of our best lads later in the window. On the evidence of first two friendlies there are no young lads ready or able to step up.

Currently the squad is just too thin - last year we had a very good starting 11 with 1 or 2 reasonable back up players - this year we have maybe 9/10 good first players.

Some rivals like Aberdeen and perhaps Hibs will have gotten stronger. Dundee United will finish 2nd as their fans are saying, and I don't think St Johnstone are much weaker. Hearts will finish in the top 6. Of the others Kilmarnock will not be any weaker. Don't be fooled by Dundee - they were tipped off 2 months ago that they could be playing SPL football this season and have announced plans to sign 6 players.

Totally agree with your thoughts Kmcalpin.

However, you don't have to quote every comment I made on the way back from Kirkcaldy last night :whistling:

I think just about everyone will be weaker going into the new season. Aberdeen have signed a couple of decent players, but still have no full-backs and no notable centre halfs. St Johnstone are replacing Sheridan, Sandaza and Morris with Tade, Hasselbaink and Cregg. Hibs the jury is well and truly still out on, I don't rate Fenlon particularly, and they need almost a full team before going forwards. Hearts are cutting back dramatically and I think McGlynn will do well, but they're looking at playing a lot of kids. United haven't lost anyone yet, but they're in the same boat as us, in that clubs will be looking at their players right up until the end of the window.

Happy to finish safe and financially solvent, wee cup run in either cup would be fun too. That'll do.

I would settle for a mid table finish with anything else being a bonus. As long as we can stay well away from the relegation dog fight I will be happy. Hibs showed how easy it is to get caught up in this, so like last season I think it is important that we get off to a strong start.

Hibs showed how easy it is to get caught up in this

Dunno about that, Calderwood seemed to put a lot of effort into signing a collection of absolute shiters, then sending them out with no enthusiasm whatsoever. That surely takes some doing?

United haven't lost anyone yet, but they're in the same boat as us, in that clubs will be looking at their players right up until the end of the window.

sorry to break it to you but they've lost pernis, kenneth, robertson, dixon and swanson.

jim spence's reported million pound bids for gunning, mackay-steven and russell haven't appeared either. surely he didn't make them up?

I would settle for a mid table finish with anything else being a bonus. As long as we can stay well away from the relegation dog fight I will be happy. Hibs showed how easy it is to get caught up in this, so like last season I think it is important that we get off to a strong start.

Absolutely.

This season is going to be a tough one for everyone, especially us who have a small squad and no money to strengthen, all while having to make financial cutbacks at the same time.

Let's just get through this season, avoid relegation and keep the club afloat, hoping that the talk of administration or worse is no more than scare-mongering. If we finish season 2012/13 still in the SPL and still financially stable then I will be delighted.

Let's just get through this season, avoid relegation and keep the club afloat, hoping that the talk of administration or worse is no more than scare-mongering. If we finish season 2012/13 still in the SPL and still financially stable then I will be delighted.

Add the consequence/benefit of that being a collection of kids coming through and hopefully establishing themselves a bit, then that's a good season.

My expectations for this season is for the club to push for a top 6 finish. In no way are we worse off than Killie, Hibs, Aberdeen etc so really shouldn't be thinking of being anywhere near them.

Hopefully we'll get to see Hutch/Saunders develop the centre back partnership we've been waiting on for a few seasons now! A good lot of games aswell for our youths, so we can really see what Carswell, Page, and most likely players like Josh Watt and Nicky Devlin who have been getting some fine reviews will be featuring a few times over the course of the season.

Feel it will be a struggle this year - on the evidence of his cameo appearance on Saturday and 90 mins last night, would like to see Stevie Hetherington feature more regularly. On the last 2 showings, he looks far more suited to first team football than the other more touted youngsters.

Page is this seasons Tim Clancy - a disaster just waiting to happen.

• Like 1