Motherwell Vs Panathinaikos

Al B

I've spent most of the day watching 'Well related YouTube videos, scoping out places in Athens, and generally just buzzing like fuck.

Playing 7s at 9pm - I've got so much excited energy, I'll be running about like a maniac for an hour! :lol:

Panathinaikos fans you are very welcome to start posting here....get involved :nod:

Cheers!

Thanks for the invite.

I signed up at this forum last week, but was unable to post until today.

This seems to be a "family friendly" place to post.

There are several Greek soccer forums and team specific forums.

Some can be intense and extreme, those are mostly in Greek.

I want no part of that action...

The English forums are more suitable for international visitors, and Greeks from all around the globe.

Not immune to extremists, however.

As far as the game tomorrow.

Panathinaikos, or PAO for short, (Panathinaikos Athleticos Omilos: Panathenian Athletic Club)

is going through a transition period.

The club ownership, since 1980, resigned and a new cooperative is trying to save the club.

They are selling shares and hope for a strong fan based ownership.

The days of fat multi million euro contracts for players like French international Gibril Cisse and Brazil's captain Gilberto Silva are over.

Leto has been in and out of surgery all of 2012. He was our scorer and best player for half of 2011, after Cisse went to QPR.

Ninis is gone to Parma. Karagounis has not signed yet. Katsouranis just joined the team after his Euro rest.

It is hard to predict who is going to lead this new mixture.

Panathinaikos academy youngsters, four of which played in the U19 Euro championship final vs Spain a few weeks ago,

no name international signings and veterans, make up for the 2012-13 squad.

Honestly, I do not know who is going to show up ready for tomorrow's first official game.

This game is important to PAO financially, to save the club

Be assured that PAO is not dismissing Motherwell FC.

Your team is going to be ready and willing to make the most of this opportunity.

I do believe PAO will be defensive in Scotland.

I welcome you all to Athens, I am reading that many of you will make the trip.

Please let me know if there is any info I can help you with.

As a long time peaceful PAO fanatic, I have welcomed visitors to our city and stadium

I thought of starting a new thread to offer insight.

This is my first post here, depending on the interest and response, I may do that.

Your thoughts?

PEACE

post-11210-0-10456400-1343677657_thumb.jpg

post-11210-0-77798000-1343678376_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

Good to see a PAO fan posting, and in such excellent English. Respects for that.

I think that given the travelling Well fans are heading to a city with a population similar to that of our whole country, any assistance/suggestions where to go & what to do would be very well received.

Cheers :cheers:

Cheers!

Thanks for the invite.

I signed up at this forum last week, but was unable to post until today.

This seems to be a "family friendly" place to post.

There are several Greek soccer forums and team specific forums.

Some can be intense and extreme, those are mostly in Greek.

I want no part of that action...

The English forums are more suitable for international visitors, and Greeks from all around the globe.

Not immune to extremists, however.

As far as the game tomorrow.

Panathinaikos, or PAO for short, (Panathinaikos Athleticos Omilos: Panathenian Athletic Club)

is going through a transition period.

The club ownership, since 1980, resigned and a new cooperative is trying to save the club.

They are selling shares and hope for a strong fan based ownership.

The days of fat multi million euro contracts for players like French international Gibril Cisse and Brazil's captain Gilberto Silva are over.

Leto has been in and out of surgery all of 2012. He was our scorer and best player for half of 2011, after Cisse went to QPR.

Ninis is gone to Parma. Karagounis has not signed yet. Katsouranis just joined the team after his Euro rest.

It is hard to predict who is going to lead this new mixture.

Panathinaikos academy youngsters, four of which played in the U19 Euro championship final vs Spain a few weeks ago,

no name international signings and veterans, make up for the 2012-13 squad.

Honestly, I do not know who is going to show up ready for tomorrow's first official game.

This game is important to PAO financially, to save the club

Be assured that PAO is not dismissing Motherwell FC.

Your team is going to be ready and willing to make the most of this opportunity.

I do believe PAO will be defensive in Scotland.

I welcome you all to Athens, I am reading that many of you will make the trip.

Please let me know if there is any info I can help you with.

As a long time peaceful PAO fanatic, I have welcomed visitors to our city and stadium

I thought of starting a new thread to offer insight.

This is my first post here, depending on the interest and response, I may do that.

Your thoughts?

PEACE

What sections of your stadium do the away supporters sit in?

This match has been keep me going after a busy weekend and now I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve. From the first sup of a cold beer to a pie and a bovril. A European match under the floodlights is special. Even more special is the fact that it's a Champions League match is unbelievable.

Just. Canny. Wait.

thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

drinks.gifdrinks.gif