Motherwell Vs Panathinaikos

Al B

I seriously think that we have a chance in this game if we approach it with the right attitude.

This game is MASSIVE for us as a club, and a win in this tie secures at leat Europa League Group stages no matter what happens.

However it's nice to see that BBC Scotland appears to have us down as playing in the Europa League tomorrow night instead :(

BBC Scotland Coverage

very early train into Inverness tomorrow morning, then bus to Weegieland, and train out to Hamilton, dump my bag at my mother's, quick pek on the cheek then camera in hand over the Clyde to God's Country to soak up the atmosphere................. I've waited decades for something I never ever imagined would come to fruition, and I can't wait.

Going to ask my mother for something of my departed father's to take to game with me. He first took me to the Ark in the mid-60's and I want to repay that lifetime rollercoaster ride tomorrow night by having a little piece of him with me.

As kick-off approaches my thoughts will turn to those who cannot make the game tomorrow: my father, my uncle, Jaffa, Wellard, and all others who have rode The Steelmen ride in the last 126yrs. Here's to you fellow Dossers :cheers:

Brilliant post big chap, I'm sure many of us will have similar thoughts. Hope to see you tomorrow!

Can you buy tickets on the night? Contemplating going but will be last minute.

Ticket office number is 01698 338009 Squirrel.

Give them a phone if you decide to go late on and with a bit of luck you'll hopefully only have to collect your ticket rather than going through the name, address, payments details blah de blah that you might have to do if you just queue up.

Ridiculously excited for this tomorrow, my first game of the season due to the usual July wedding gauntlet. Expecting a tough game but with a full Fir Park and the fans right behind the team, who knows what could happen?

Trying to get away from work early so I can get through in plenty of time to soak up the atmosphere in the Cooper!

very early train into Inverness tomorrow morning, then bus to Weegieland, and train out to Hamilton, dump my bag at my mother's, quick pek on the cheek then camera in hand over the Clyde to God's Country to soak up the atmosphere................. I've waited decades for something I never ever imagined would come to fruition, and I can't wait.

Going to ask my mother for something of my departed father's to take to game with me. He first took me to the Ark in the mid-60's and I want to repay that lifetime rollercoaster ride tomorrow night by having a little piece of him with me.

As kick-off approaches my thoughts will turn to those who cannot make the game tomorrow: my father, my uncle, Jaffa, Wellard, and all others who have rode The Steelmen ride in the last 126yrs. Here's to you fellow Dossers :cheers:

Superb post mate

I'm picking up my tickets from my Gran and now I'm going to make sure I take my Grandad's scarf and get my Son to wear it.

Fellow Dossers :cheers:

Ridiculously excited for this tomorrow, my first game of the season due to the usual July wedding gauntlet. Expecting a tough game but with a full Fir Park and the fans right behind the team, who knows what could happen?

Trying to get away from work early so I can get through in plenty of time to soak up the atmosphere in the Cooper!

Hey Fat Tony, love the banner pic at bottom of your posts, where did you get it?

I've booked Tuesday and Wednesday of work, excitment starts at 6.30 tonight when i finish :yahoo:

I'll say I'm looking forward to the game but if I'm honest I was 100 times more excited about the Scottish Cup Final last year. Same goes with my nerves. Maybe that is down to hope than anything.....and the fact a Scottish Cup/League Cup success would mean more to me as a fan than any qualifying game in Europe. Celtic in a one off match was a bit more 'believable' than Panathinaikos over two. In my opinion anyway.

However, where it does differ is the financial rewards. This game is much bigger in that respect. Win this two legged tie and we are set for a good few years.

Nae pressure then :evilgrin:

• Like 2

Last minute plea to the boo boys. I know its hard but lets not get on the lads back tomorrow night. This will be the biggest game in most of their lives, they have been looking forward to it since the Hearts game at the end of last season. You can guarintee they will be giving it their all and the last thing they need is to be stressed out by some know it all's in the stand giving them abuse. Get behind the lads and give them the lift they will need.

I know most of us, me included, feel the need to give it big licks at the football occasionally. So if you are feeling the urge to get on somones back and HAVE to shout at a someone, give it to the Pana players. They have just signed a crop of new guys and the last thing they will want is to play poorly in their first game against an "inferior" side. Stress them out and put them off, it might not do much but every little helps.

Anyway enough of the rant.

Mon the Well!

• Like 7

Hey Fat Tony, love the banner pic at bottom of your posts, where did you get it?

Just made it myself. It's on my flickr stream if you want it?

I've got it set to private but it can still be viewed directly: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7280/7651833558_7aae569cf6.jpg

Just a pity the image size limitations on the signatures are so small. whistling.gif