Motherwell Vs Panathinaikos

Al B

if higdon plays it'll most likely be a repeat of john sutton in nancy ie completely ineffective.

we'll be playing on the counter so i'd have henrik up front with humph and murphy on the wings.

I'd agree with this. Higdon isn't one for a bursting counter attack, which I think will be our only hope. Looking at this objectively, nothing against Higdon in the main.

Anyone know whether the away game will be played at the olympic stadium or panathinaikos own stadium??

Is their ground the Apostolos Nikolaidis Stadium?

Edit; just saw the above post. Cheapest way looks like going from London. Hotels all look pretty cheap for 4 + 5 stars.

Sorry folks but i think we will get hammered both games, our squad is threadbare and the lack of summer signings due to the financial unasurances from tv money hardly fill me with any confidence we have a chance of getting anything at home.

So Prove me wrong Lads

....tv money....

Now there's a thing as regards the Champions League matches. What are our chances of earning some coinage through a TV deal in these games?

Obviously the BBC are all consumed with the Olympics but will anyone else take it up? Would it have an impact on a kick-off time? Would in fact the club want even want someone to take it up in case it impacts on ticket sales?

More for the club to consider I suppose.

Decent draw, beatable and might bring a decent away crowd. Mind they filled the corner at ibrox for a UEFA cup game 4 years ago.

Reckon we will take 400 over to Athens. Won't be going over myself as £0 in my account just now.

1-0 at fir park to the well would do nicely and keep it tight in the heat of Athens.

Now there's a thing as regards the Champions League matches. What are our chances of earning some coinage through a TV deal in these games?

Obviously the BBC are all consumed with the Olympics but will anyone else take it up? Would it have an impact on a kick-off time? Would in fact the club want even want someone to take it up in case it impacts on ticket sales?

More for the club to consider I suppose.

Hearts Champions League game was definitely on TV, AEK was it they played? I remember setting it up on the big screens at work. Pretty sure it was the BBC who showed that. With that in mind hopefully it will be shown, at least by STV, if the BBC are too busy with their table tennis and shot put coverage.

did a "simulation" match on FM12! :thumbup:

3-0 to Motherwell :notworthy:

Hump (45+1), Hutch (73) then BoB McHugh(90+2) and all the goals came while we were 10 men down!

Carswell being sent off after just 22 Min!

Even though it's just a game a score like this would do very nicely :cheers:

despite how unlikely it is :lol:

• Like 1

tumblr_m6n98iU58d1rzauvso1_1280.jpgtumblr_m6nkj95j4x1rzauvso1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m70cskqlTS1r28jbvo1_1280.jpg

those going to the away game might want to take gas masks :lol:

There pre-season in preparation for this game has been a 1-1 draw with German Second division side Braunschweiger Eintracht and then a 2-1 loss to Russian Premier side Krasnodar

And to think a daft wee smoke bomb could make national papers.... Saying that........

That looks like a lot of fun!