Athens

Burn_Broomfield

650 quid for the club charter seems a wee bit steep when folk have been getting deals for 300-400. Has anyone been on one of these charters before? Worth the extra cash?

comparing the cost to flying on a regular route isn't fair.

it's going to be much more expensive to charter a plane, crew and times for landing and taking off for a one off than it will be for the likes of easyjet and british airways who fly the route daily.

presumably the club charter includes the cost of the crew and plane staying in athens for 30 hours while the commercial flights that most of us are going will be turned around and out the airport within 2 hours.

• Like 1

went by Charter to Odense, and no hestation to do so again this time. Start at Fir Park and finish at Fir Park, and everything else in between is sorted/organised/taken care of, save beer n food money.

Add in getting to/from airports, hassle of connections, and going thu Heathrow .............and the good deals don't look so good afterall imho

Can you not trust yourself to travel on your own accord big man???

I went to Odense myself and was only a day and a half late returning.

I am going this time via Heathrow, I bet I won't be as late this time. :whistling:

650 quid for the club charter seems a wee bit steep when folk have been getting deals for 300-400. Has anyone been on one of these charters before? Worth the extra cash?

done the charters a few times and also done planes trains and automobiles on other occasions

Charter offers a relatively seamless experience and although this ones not been finalised yet in the past they have included match ticket, transfers to Glasgow airport, flight direct to city of the game, transfer to city centre (Hotel which is sometimes included) transfer from city centre to match venue, transfer back to airport, flight home and possibly transfer back to the Ark,

and as a bonus sometimes you will get the quite unique experience of traveling with the players and officials of MFC, now its not something that is paid for and some etiquette needs to be applied , but I've seen some priceless moments on some of them

this time just looking at some of the flight times going out makes the charter look appealing, but I've not decided yet

and at the end of the day if you can fly heathrow to Athens around midnight for £250 then its a fair whack cheaper

just mind the costs involved in getting to London incl transport parking food drink on the longer journey etc and then getting into your hotel and the hotel itself and the equivalent on the way back not including time being a factor to some

what you do get going that route however is freedom and no doubt a hell of an experience especially if you end up with a good group and have a good laugh

and as for some saying the fans paying for charter are also paying for the players etc, Id love to live in their make believe world where charter planes and hotels etc cost pennies , if any profit is made on the fans charters it'll be in the terms of a few quid each no where near enough to cover 40 or so MFC staff and at the end of the day MFC needs money and thats generally what we as supporters bring to the table

• Like 2

dissapointed about how no-one bites nowadays to yo your "hey-ho, i live in the sun, look at me, im better than ye" attitude anymore so thought id bump it.

you wouldn't be the guy that i kindly gave a lift from qs to motherwell as i was picking my mate up off the train years ago?

Can you not trust yourself to travel on your own accord big man???

I went to Odense myself and was only a day and a half late returning.

I am going this time via Heathrow, I bet I won't be as late this time. :whistling:

BY the time you get through customs there's a very good chance you'll beat that :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Did the charter to Iceland and it was a good trip, getting everything done for you made everything much easier. Drove to Nancy, which was a laugh.

Flying out of Heathrow on Wednesday morning, heading back Thursday afternoon. Need to sort out a hotel, any tips?

Two of us booked up tonight...

EDI - LHR Tuesday morning 7th (0630 - 0800)

LHR - ATH (1150 - 1730)

2 nights in 4* Airotel Alexandros Hotel with full breakfast (seems to be in a decent area/location about half way between Acropolis and stadium... hope that's right!!)

ATH - LHR Thursday evening 9th (1725 - 1920)

LHR - EDI (2200 - 2320)

All in , just under 400 zonks.

I try to go to at least one Scotland away game every year, but never been to a Motherwell away European game before. Really looking forward to it. As McCall said, lets hope the tie is still alive by then. It could be a disappointment, but it could also be the greatest night in any Motherwell fan's life, and that's how we need to look at it.

Mon the Well

Did the charter to Iceland and it was a good trip, getting everything done for you made everything much easier. Drove to Nancy, which was a laugh.

Flying out of Heathrow on Wednesday morning, heading back Thursday afternoon. Need to sort out a hotel, any tips?

The hotel I'm in seems OK, Novus City Hotel. swimming pool on the roof, :tumbleweed:

5 of us booked up! Flying from Heathrow at 10.30 on Monday morning. 4* Hotel, Grand Polis or something, looks fine, rooftop bar etc... All in for 300 notes!! Mental. Through that lastminute.com mob, get involved if u still have to book. Giddy doean't even come close to describing it!! Just hope we dont get pumped in first leg!!

Aberdeen to Athens, via London with BA for 170 quid. Gets me in at 02:30am Tuesday. Staying in Athens Backpackers, flying back Thursday

Not to mention how im getting back to Scotland in time for the home leg! - Perth - China - Amsterdam - Aberdeen!

Going to be a busy couple of weeks!!

Long route from Perth to Motherwell.......

Really need to get booked up for this but there is plenty of time. Is there anyway of avoiding London for the stop over?

I am going Prestwick - crete (Ryanair) then Crete - Athens (aegean) leaves Prestwick 06.55 Tues and in Athens at 18.30. Coming back on thurs Athens- London Heathrow (17.25 - 19.20) then BA back to Glasgow (21.00 - 22.20). All in £321 and no overly long waits at airports, and no stopovers required

Really need to get booked up for this but there is plenty of time. Is there anyway of avoiding London for the stop over?

frankfurt with Lufthansa

Brussels with brussels airways

I'm messing about with a few as Im considering taking a game in on the Tuesday night if it pans put

Eight of us booked up, flying from Glasgoe to Gatwick on Monday morning, wandering across London to Heathrow then out to Athens in the afternoon. Flying Athens-Heathrow on the Thursday afternoon then getting the overnight train from Euston to Morherwell. Staying in the Golden City Hotel 300 metres from the square and it works out at £400 per person.

Absolutely chappin' at the bit now.

I am going Prestwick - crete (Ryanair) then Crete - Athens (aegean) leaves Prestwick 06.55 Tues and in Athens at 18.30. Coming back on thurs Athens- London Heathrow (17.25 - 19.20) then BA back to Glasgow (21.00 - 22.20). All in £321 and no overly long waits at airports, and no stopovers required

Smart thinking on the way out mate .................... must have been on the internet for hours to suss that one out. What about hotel tho ?

Good luck wandering across London with the para-olympics in full swing.

Most are going through Heathrow which isnt anywhere near Stratford. It's a hell of a wander if you find yourself in the East end on the way to Heathrow

Any publicised delays at Heathrow recently have been immigration , on the way in , for Non EU nationals

I was reading the scaremongering on here about Heathrow and thought they had installed a moat and filled it with man eating crocodiles or vats of burning oil on the T1 parapets

Then i saw it was the same crowd who were ripping their knitting about a wee run up to Inverurie when those of us who "foolishly" took our lives in our hands at the time never saw a snowflake any further North than Stirling.

FFS Whats became of the Motherwell support when the prospect of catching a plane terrifies them ?? :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Smart thinking on the way out mate .................... must have been on the internet for hours to suss that one out. What about hotel tho ?

hotels look dirt cheap. lots of ok looking hotels for 25or 30 quid a night via laterooms.com, Expedia etc. where are people staying - Athens centre or out near the Olympic stadium?

hotels look dirt cheap. lots of ok looking hotels for 25or 30 quid a night via laterooms.com, Expedia etc. where are people staying - Athens centre or out near the Olympic stadium?

At the mercy of MFC. Hope it's central tho, wanna go see the Parthenon, Zeus monument, old Olympic site, etc.,