Athens

Burn_Broomfield

If that is the 2nd trendiest hotel in Greece (trip advisor) then 8 more staying in that hotel...

It's got a pool on the roof.....:drinks::cheers:

See you all there.

When areyou arriving? We'll get there on the Monday night.

I was thinking that myself - melting in the tropical weegie heat!

Ach, don't worry, you'll manage just fine. I get by with SPF 45 (although they sell up to 100 in the shops here). Last couple of weeks it was between 38 and 40C here some days and even a peely-wally bloke like me copes in that.

Wear a hat and, more importantly if you are on the booze, stay hydrated. Basically drink as much water as you do alcohol.

I wasnt joking when I mentioned the Factor 100. Ive somehow managed to get burnt before in Norway when it was pishing with rain.

:lol:

Similarly, I'm one of about three people in history to go to the Faroe Islands and come home with sunburn.

Might get myself one of these for Athens:

1492664-gimp_suit2_screen_large.jpg

Factor 20 :lol:

I wasnt joking when I mentioned the Factor 100. Ive somehow managed to get burnt before in Norway when it was pishing with rain.

Yep, the sun tan lotion and sun glasses are oot over here in Canada even in the heart of winter. The sun reflecting off the snow is blinding anaw.

First time I got sun burnt in a Canadian winter was surprising to say the least :P

Ach, don't worry, you'll manage just fine. I get by with SPF 45 (although they sell up to 100 in the shops here). Last couple of weeks it was between 38 and 40C here some days and even a peely-wally bloke like me copes in that.

Wear a hat and, more importantly if you are on the booze, stay hydrated. Basically drink as much water as you do alcohol.

Be careful with sun screen ratings as US made sun screen uses a different system for rating the SPF and they cannot be compared to european brands. US brands such as Nivea seem much higher protection when in fact they are lower. Go for something like Aldi own Lacura brand, UVA and UVB and 5 star rated. Also much cheaper.

Be careful with sun screen ratings as US made sun screen uses a different system for rating the SPF and they cannot be compared to european brands. US brands such as Nivea seem much higher protection when in fact they are lower. Go for something like Aldi own Lacura brand, UVA and UVB and 5 star rated. Also much cheaper.

Not so sure about that. SPF 45 means that 45 mins slathered up in it in the sun is equivalent to 1 minute not slathered up in it. I don't know any other interpretations, and this one is from the American Cancer Society.

If that wasn't the case, I think I'd have seen the lawsuit by now.

Regardless, slap it on, wear a hat, drink plenty of water and stay in the shade as much as possible. I'm a big fan of the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer as even at high SPFs you don't end up sweating like a fat lass.