Athens

Burn_Broomfield

thats it folks ............ wee bit of online effort and you too could be there :nod:

tried - but my time constraints make it a bit of a stretch.

finish n/s tue morn 7.15, return n/s thu at 21:45.

flights alone to fit in thia window are working out at £668! :dash2:

How desperate are you ? If you dont mind going to London and having a (few hours) stop over each way theres still flights available that get you back into Heathrow at 1330 on the Thursday for £300

Still deals left on Expedia

Flying British airways

Tuesday night 21:30 Depart Glasgow (GLA) to Heathrow......overnight in Heathrow :wallbash:

Then flying out of Heathrow the next morning arrive Athens (ATH) 12:05 Wed Duration: 12hr 35mn

Hotel of your choice overnight

Returning Thursday 14:50 Depart Athens (ATH) via Heathrow again Arrive Glasgow (GLA) 20:10 straight to night shift :laugh: Duration: 7hr 20mn

From £350 with insurance....

The game will be at the Olympic stadium, the old one has been closed...Syntagma square seems to be the main area in the centre of Athens, plenty of bars, good metro links to everywhere so this seems like a good shout for a meeting place and a few beers, plus my hotel is 2 mins away :cheers:

Right in front of Greek Parliament. Has been the scene of many political protests, and public unrest, recently.

Right in front of Greek Parliament. Has been the scene of many political protests, and public unrest, recently.

A lot of the political protests have taken place at Syntagma Square over the past couple of years but there haven't been any in months, so I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue for a meeting place. Omonia Square is supposed to be nice during the day but dodgy as hell at night.

Looking at either Arethusa Hotel or the Central Hotel around there I think. Airport bus supposedly drops off there too.

Still deals left on Expedia

Flying British airways

Tuesday night 21:30 Depart Glasgow (GLA) to Heathrow......overnight in Heathrow :wallbash:

Then flying out of Heathrow the next morning arrive Athens (ATH) 12:05 Wed Duration: 12hr 35mn

Hotel of your choice overnight

Returning Thursday 14:50 Depart Athens (ATH) via Heathrow again Arrive Glasgow (GLA) 20:10 straight to night shift :laugh: Duration: 7hr 20mn

From £350 with insurance....

cheers for the expedia shout! £420 for flights & hotel - same flights BA wanted £668 for, unreal!

About a hour and 20 mins away from the stadium that place but it is a good shout. Need to email them to see if they can open before 6 tho

They have a facebook and seem pretty active on it so sure it wouldn't be a problem to ask them if there's enough interest.

What's dodgy about Ononia Square? That's where we're staying!

Just read a lot of advice online saying that it gets dodgy at night, full of junkies and muggers etc. To be fair, everything I've read says it's fine if there's a group of you, just best not to walk alone there at night.