Athens

Burn_Broomfield

Hello,

to all Motherwell fans visiting Athens.

I recently posted in the main game thread, inviting you all to Athens.

I wish I could be there.

There are many British style pubs and bars in Athens. Breweries and great food as well.

I have not been to the wee dram.

The neighborhood is convenient, since it lies between the old 1920's Panathinaikos field and the OAKA stadium.

On your way to the OAKA you may stop at the Panormou metro station and have a couple.

From the Greek brews I recommend Craft and Mythos Red.

Craft started as a microbrewery.

The original bar is at Halandri square about 1 Km from OAKA.

:cheers:

Then walk over a few blocks to Kifissias Ave, to take any north bound buses that pass by OAKA.

OAKA will be seen on your left driving nothbound, about a half hour at max.

If in doubt ASK, most Athenians under the age of 40 are well versed in English.

Yee may have to tone down the Scottish accent... :evilgrin:

Personally I would rather take the bus than the metro, although depending on where you stay, the metro may be more convenient.

Plateia Exarhion or Exarhia is a small square with several bars.

It is an interesting spot, politically charged with all kinds of ideologies.

Although believed to be dangerous at times, I would only caution you from going there, if the are demonstrations, or if you are a policeman...

I love to walk in Athens, it is hot in August until 6pm, pleasant in the evening. low humidity, no rain.

OAKA is in the suburb of Maroussi, a good stretch from the Athens center.

Enjoy your visit

PEACE

I have had a couple of responses from posts i submitted on a Panathinikos forum, about the seating at the Olympic stadium http://forum.greenwebfans.com/, they have an English language section. The advice is to stick to the 10 euro seats as they are on the top tier and give you a better view and are a safer bet if the locals get restless.(section 20 was mentioned as the visitors area)

The other advice was not to make any references in any way shape or form about Olympiakos, as the Pans fans tend to go a bit tonto if you do.

Re: Seating at the Olympic stadium

Sent: Tue 31 Jul , 2012 00:06

To: wellfan1886

hello m8.

Listen. Stick to upstairs, if things for Pana go wrong it would be safer to be upstairs.

And please m8, one piece of friendly advice - if u can put it through your pals.

Do not ( i repeat do not icon_biggrin.gif ) mention anything about Gayros (Olympiakos) Do not try to raise any flags that you might be given in your short Athens stay, do not try to repeat any chants that someone from your friends might be taught.

Believe me, the hell will break loose icon_wink.gif

Re: Seating at the Olympic stadium

icon_post_target.gif by GERMAN » Mon 30 Jul , 2012 16:08

Stick to the 10E ticket.

You have a better view from "upstairs"....

Had a Turkish taxi driver last night en route to the airport. Explained to him I was flying back to Scotland for the football and we were playing Pana. His response was; "I hate the Greeks, I'm now a Motherwell fan and I hope you fuck them up" laugh.gif

Some boy and gave me discount to boot

I would if I had Facebook, infact u have Facebook don't you fatcalf.... ;)

Aye I left them a message advising that an early opening might be beneficial, and they replied saying "I'm on it", good enough for me.

OH and their colour scheme on the website is top notch.

Aye I left them a message advising that an early opening might be beneficial, and they replied saying "I'm on it", good enough for me.

OH and their colour scheme on the website is top notch.

Just got a message back from Ross at the Wee Dram:

Hi Neil. I will accommodate you guys no problem. Just tell me roughly what time you will arrive and we can open no problem. If you could link this with whichever website the supporters are talking on that would be great. We are easy to reach as we are just 1 min walk from the metro. Brig your suntan lotion though. ha ha. Just let me no what you would like.

Ross

Had a Turkish taxi driver last night en route to the airport. Explained to him I was flying back to Scotland for the football and we were playing Pana. His response was; "I hate the Greeks, I'm now a Motherwell fan and I hope you fuck them up" laugh.gif

Some boy and gave me discount to boot

who needs the battle of the boyne when you have the trojan war!

Just had the guy from the wee dram asking if that is where we are going before the game as he wants to get everything ready for our visit of we are?

By all means encourage him maybe to open a wee bit earlier, but I wouldn't have him making big plans for about a dozen folk turning up.

We'll be leaving it to the day of the game and see where's good. I wouldn't be expecting many fans to be committing to a venue before even leaving the country.

By all means encourage him maybe to open a wee bit earlier, but I wouldn't have him making big plans for about a dozen folk turning up.

We'll be leaving it to the day of the game and see where's good. I wouldn't be expecting many fans to be committing to a venue before even leaving the country.

Market forces

Let him put his cards on the table

That square someone mentioned the other day had hard drugs and Eastern european prostitutes.

Your move Wee Dram

• Like 1