Athens

Burn_Broomfield

I canna wait to get into the pool, I'm like a bairn. I'll be the fat lad with the tits drowning.

:lol:

You definitely in our digs then mate? Was speaking to Jonny last week - he's with you, aye?

The bar on the roof opens at 9am. Glorious news!

was on last night to do a booking gave myself a budget of £500 but as I was picking hotels all the prices jumped £2-300 above that, was gutted , in a self harming way I looked in this thread earlier and saw maplewells post

Our hotel has a poolside bar on the roof :drinks:

:lol:

Likewise mate! Where you staying?

Special AKA we are in the Radisson Blu Park, think it may be close to you, also has rooftop pool :thumbup:

give eachother a wave from your respective pools then laugh.gif

lucky bastards sleep.gif

which made me go and look again at expedia and ended up booking Monday to Friday Edinburgh to Athens via Heathrow 4 nights in the novotel less than £500

BA all the way

Cheers MapleWell :thumbup:

EDIT: anybody getting into athens around 17:40 on Monday know the buses and stuff into town?

Athens backpackers hostel mate. Wheres you and the two wod's heading?!

Not telling , just sighing a huge one of relief that theres not 20 of you cramping our style :lol:

Two ? Its a full clan attack , three of them travelling.

EDIT: anybody getting into athens around 17:40 on Monday know the buses and stuff into town?

Get in on Sunday night myself, but the buses and metro from the airport to the town are pretty straight forward. For example, to get to Syntagma Square (which appears to be the 'centre' for most 'Well fans), you can get either a bus every 15 minutes or so (24 hours a day) for 5 Euros, I think it was, and it takes about 70 minutes. The metro to the same destination costs 6 Euros I'm sure and takes half an hour.

Get in on Sunday night myself, but the buses and metro from the airport to the town are pretty straight forward. For example, to get to Syntagma Square (which appears to be the 'centre' for most 'Well fans), you can get either a bus every 15 minutes or so (24 hours a day) for 5 Euros, I think it was, and it takes about 70 minutes. The metro to the same destination costs 6 Euros I'm sure and takes half an hour.

Cheers Jay, I'll get a chance on Sunday to plan it, but even that puts mind at rest that it'll be straight forward and reasonably cheap

Anyone arriving on the 2am flight Tues Morning thats staying in the Crown Plazza or close by that facies a taxi share.

There is 2 of us.

We are getting the same timed flight that arrives on Wednesday at 2am. It is like 96 euros or something to get a taxi to and from the hotel or 50 euro for just the one way. But, I've noticed there is a shuttle bus running into the city 24/7 that is only 3,40 euro so we'll just be getting that.

Leave on Monday 6th August on the 6.30pm flight from Glasgow to London Heathrow then switch onto 9pm flight to athens get there at 2am.

Staying at Evripedes Hotel

Leave on the Thursday 9th August, fly way back at 1.40pm from Athens to London Heathrow and then switch on 9pm flight from London Heathrow to Glasgow getting back home to Glasgow at 10.20pm

Any other Motherwell fans staying at the Evripedes Hotel?

Awright Geed we look to be on the flights goin out. back the Thursday 14.50 then arrive in Glasgow 19.20

Staying in the Athenian Callirhoe Hotel. 10mins walk from the square. Canni wait see you all over there :drinks:

Holla... from Athens.

I 've just read that you 've grabbed only 800 tickets and in a way i was dissapointed cause i thought you would be bringing more fans down here.

I' ve been reading your National Geographic rolleyes.gif surveys about Athens, sorry guys, the ones that have booked at President Hotel are the finest, all the others - with the exception of Novotel- should be prepared for mediocracy. F@@ the pools, for once visit Acropoles and Thisio, it' s an experience.

Stay away from the centre (Omonoia) + u would be fine - albeit those that love living dangerously. In the airport catch the bus (anytime u fall in), it will get u at the centre and taxi's are far more cheaper from there.

If u insist on hiring a taxi from EL.VEN., then the tariff is 35 euros through 05:00-24:00 and 50 euros through 24:00-05:00.

Do not pay more under any circumstances.

As for the game itself.

- Dont bring with you any Olympiakos (a disgusting, port-based, full of corruptancy club) scarfs or colors (even if someone gives it to u). I repeat dont. It's like going to Celtic Park with h**s colors, and far more dangerous.

- You will not face any kind of problems, unless u tend to be provocative - which i doubt it.

- You eventually will lose, but stick With us and sing. It's going to be a short 30.000 summer stadium, but hell, it would b funcheers.gif

Edited by wembley-13

800 travelling fans is about 750 more than Pana brought to Fir Park, and from a town of less than 30,000 souls compared to a city of over 3million I'd say that aint too bad.

just out of interest, do Olympiakos play in claret & amber ?????

+ I'm in the best hotel, I'm in the best hotel :P:P

800 travelling fans is about 750 more than Pana brought to Fir Park, and from a town of less than 30,000 souls compared to a city of over 3million I'd say that aint too bad.

+ I'm in the best hotel, I'm in the best hotel :P:P

Excellent point indeed. We didnt organize any tour for this game. The guys up there were the faithfull Londoners

Usually when we are on tour it's something like thischeers.gif

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=mOsYfplipfA

Edited by wembley-13
  • Like 1

Excellent point indeed. We didnt organize any tour for this game. The guys up there were the faithfull Londoners

That would be why their English was excellent, when sharing a blether over a pint in the Electric Bar. They have promised us snow in Athens, so do hope you aint going to let us down :thumbup:

That would be why their English was excellent, when sharing a blether over a pint in the Electric Bar. They have promised us snow in Athens, so do hope you aint going to let us down :thumbup:

Snow indeed m8evilgrin.gif just 42 degrees celcium..with 70% humidity...winter time in Athens..Bear some chilly weatther with u pleaseyahoo.gif

We are getting the same timed flight that arrives on Wednesday at 2am. It is like 96 euros or something to get a taxi to and from the hotel or 50 euro for just the one way. But, I've noticed there is a shuttle bus running into the city 24/7 that is only 3,40 euro so we'll just be getting that.

There are at least 3 of us, on the 2am into Athens on Tues/Wed, we plan to get bus only 5 Euro each, you guys on the BA flight from Heathrow I presume, we are on the 17:30 from Edinburgh down to Heathrow